Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Re: the Blue tooth "Apple" OEM key board . . .

This is a discussion on Re: the Blue tooth "Apple" OEM key board . . . within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I read a bunch of reviews and it seems none of the various keyboards are up to snuff! The closest one was the Apple keyboard. ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: the Blue tooth "Apple" OEM key board . . .

I read a bunch of reviews and it seems none of the various keyboards are up to snuff! The closest one was the Apple keyboard.

I was in Walmart yesterday and saw a stack of them in the case. I avoided buying one before because I thought it was bigger as it was also used with a Mac.

When I saw how small the actual box was I bought it figuring Walmart is great for returns.

I'm not a typist so I was actually buying it for my wife's ipad 2. Bottom line is she loves this keyboard.

It's actually only slightly wider than the ipad is horizontally. Some of the top row keys work the brightness and the ipod for music.

It's really well made, aluminum, sleek and lightweight. And of a build quality that you would expect of an Apple product.

Even Apples $99 folding keyboard got bad reviews. I was really surprised how nice this keyboard is for $69. Yet, it's still small enough to toss in a suitcase or a bag for traveling. I might have to spring for another now for myself
    Last edited by Expidia; 09-13-2011 at 02:01 PM.

2. Ads

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Many folks (myself included) like the Apple Wireless Keyboard very much. It works especially well with the Incase Origami Workstation. In addition, iSound now makes a folio case that holds both the AWK and the iPad.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    While I have never found one pc of bluetooth keyboard for myself.....so saddddddd......

iPF Legend
    Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    The only advantage of a folding Bluetooth keyboard - I use one all the time - is its portability. I use the Freedom iConnex which is specially designed for the iPhone and iPad and has dedicated iControls - Home, Volume etc. It folds up really small and, while I entirely agree it's not as good as a 'regular' keyboard, you simply take it with you everywhere because it's so small. A normal size keyboard you're going to think twice about taking in many instances and so you'll be stuck using the on-screen keyboard.

Tim

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I dropped mine on the corner and the power button stuck. Aluminum is not a good durable product around kids.

Links