Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Trooper iPad ClamCase channels 'Star Wars'

This is a discussion on Trooper iPad ClamCase channels 'Star Wars' within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by SirJosue UPDATE! I just received my new Clamcase! I took it out of the box and was completely amazed of the High ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trooper iPad ClamCase channels 'Star Wars'

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SirJosue View Post
    UPDATE!
    I just received my new Clamcase!
    I took it out of the box and was completely amazed of the High Quality and sleek style. I am very picky about products I buy and I have to say i give this 10 out of 10! rating.
    Then I said lets do the fit test.
    Does the New iPad fit in the iPad 2 Clamcase? The answer is YES!!!!!
    It fits Perfectly without having to bend the clips or modify the case in anyway!
    I thought since it was a tad bit thicker than maybe it wouldn't fit but there is plenty of room and still maintains a snug fit! As a matter of fact, when I placed it in the Clamcase for the very first time, I forgot that I had a Invisible shield Body protector on the back! (its like a screen protector but for the body of the iPad) and actually makes the New iPad a little thicker since it is made of a thin layer of vinyl! And to top if off I even have a screen protector on the front also!
    I would highly recommend this case to anyone that has been looking into buying a all in one keyboard case! 5 Star Rating from me!

Again, the New iPad with a Invisible Shield vinyl body protector and a front screen protector fits in the Clamcase for iPad 2 without bending the clips or modifying the case in any way! It still aligns perfectly when closed!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. thanks
    Does this case put the new iPad to sleep when closed? I was curious if it had this smart feature or if it does/doesn't do it at all for any iPad. I ordered one and didn't see anything on the site to denote this. Not a deal breaker, but nice to know if it does/doesn't do this. Since there is an area around the iPad and case when closed, I wasn't sure if there was this smart feature employed in the case. I didn't see anything on their site to denote of it does/doesn't have this feature, so I am guessing it doesn't but I thought I'd ask!

2. Ads

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SirJosue

UPDATE!
    I just received my new Clamcase!
    I took it out of the box and was completely amazed of the High Quality and sleek style. I am very picky about products I buy and I have to say i give this 10 out of 10! rating.
    Then I said lets do the fit test.
    Does the New iPad fit in the iPad 2 Clamcase? The answer is YES!!!!!
    It fits Perfectly without having to bend the clips or modify the case in anyway!
    I thought since it was a tad bit thicker than maybe it wouldn't fit but there is plenty of room and still maintains a snug fit! As a matter of fact, when I placed it in the Clamcase for the very first time, I forgot that I had a Invisible shield Body protector on the back! (its like a screen protector but for the body of the iPad) and actually makes the New iPad a little thicker since it is made of a thin layer of vinyl! And to top if off I even have a screen protector on the front also!
    I would highly recommend this case to anyone that has been looking into buying a all in one keyboard case! 5 Star Rating from me!

Again, the New iPad with a Invisible Shield vinyl body protector and a front screen protector fits in the Clamcase for iPad 2 without bending the clips or modifying the case in any way! It still aligns perfectly when closed!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. thanks
    I hope you have better luck with yours than I did with mine. I got the Trooper last Nov, and did not hold up at all. It started with small crack by the head phone jack and eventually spread across the whole top of the case. Currently held together with duct tape. Also the little rubber inserts fell off too. Very disappointed after all the positive reviews. I cannot recommend this product to anyone. Good luck with yours......

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd M

Does this case put the new iPad to sleep when closed? I was curious if it had this smart feature or if it does/doesn't do it at all for any iPad. I ordered one and didn't see anything on the site to denote this. Not a deal breaker, but nice to know if it does/doesn't do this. Since there is an area around the iPad and case when closed, I wasn't sure if there was this smart feature employed in the case. I didn't see anything on their site to denote of it does/doesn't have this feature, so I am guessing it doesn't but I thought I'd ask!
    yes it puts the New iPad to sleep also!
    Todd M likes this.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaehr

I hope you have better luck with yours than I did with mine. I got the Trooper last Nov, and did not hold up at all. It started with small crack by the head phone jack and eventually spread across the whole top of the case. Currently held together with duct tape. Also the little rubber inserts fell off too. Very disappointed after all the positive reviews. I cannot recommend this product to anyone. Good luck with yours......
    That sucks, you should of reported it under warranty, mine is working great and I love it, no cracks, all rubber padding is still securely in place, maybe they updated the case materials after you purchased it, I have no complaints. Iv'e been using it every day.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SirJosue View Post
    yes it puts the New iPad to sleep also!
    Awesome! Good to know. Saw a review just a little bit ago showing that right before I read this.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SirJosue

That sucks, you should of reported it under warranty, mine is working great and I love it, no cracks, all rubber padding is still securely in place, maybe they updated the case materials after you purchased it, I have no complaints. Iv'e been using it every day.
    I did report it. I was past the 90 day warranty so I am "SOL". Company wouldn't do anything for me. After researching the issue, the case cracking was a known issue in the first production run of the Trooper Case. After so many positive reviews on the product, it is disappointing that the company would warranty a known issue. I would have even settled for paying half on a replacement. Oh well.

I just purchased the Zaggfolio for the new iPad at Best Buy. I like it a lot.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I know Clamcase is the all-in-one keyboard case and stand for apple ipad.

dgnmw.com/clamcasediscountcode/clamcase-discount-code/

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaehr View Post
    I did report it. I was past the 90 day warranty so I am "SOL". Company wouldn't do anything for me. After researching the issue, the case cracking was a known issue in the first production run of the Trooper Case. After so many positive reviews on the product, it is disappointing that the company would warranty a known issue. I would have even settled for paying half on a replacement. Oh well.

I just purchased the Zaggfolio for the new iPad at Best Buy. I like it a lot.
    I too have a cracked ClamCase. Just out of 90 day warranty. Contacted company. No reply. Currently trying JB Weld to keep from traveling across entire unit.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just got my Clamcase today. So far it's great!! I hope the battery life issue has been solved. From what they say, it was a bad batch that caused the earlier issues.
    2 x iPhone 4
    1 x 32 GB iPad 3 w/4G LTE

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I wanted the Trooper sooo bad, but couldn't wait the extra time for it to be delivered. Also, since I use it in corporate meetings, I wanted it to be a little less blingy...LOL So I guess my matte black was the best choice and it arrived pretty quick too...
    2 x iPhone 4
    1 x 32 GB iPad 3 w/4G LTE

Links