Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

What is the Best Ipad bluetooth keyboard??

This is a discussion on What is the Best Ipad bluetooth keyboard?? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Which bluetooth keyboard is the best for Ipad? And, can it be used for other devices, such as laptop, android devices??...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What is the Best Ipad bluetooth keyboard??

iPad Noob!
    Member #

What is the Best Ipad bluetooth keyboard??

Which bluetooth keyboard is the best for Ipad?
    And, can it be used for other devices, such as laptop, android devices??

2. Ads

iPF Legend
    Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    I use two - the iGo (not made any more but some still around) and the iConnex - available on Amazon - with dedicated iPad keys..

Both are great...so compact and easy to carry with the iPad

Tim

iPF Novice
    Member #

iPad Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1021yohan View Post
    Depends? What size do you want, do you prefer one that folds, what features do you desire, do you want it integrated into a case, and other questions, such as price?

As a result, you will be getting a lot of different recommendations, so to continue the ones already suggested, I own the Apple keyboard (does not fold but bought a nice compact case and can carry 'on the road') - wife & I really like the 'feel' and size of that keyboard.

If possible and before your purchase, you may want to visit an Apple store and check out a number of different options - this is somewhat a question of personal preferences; also do some searching on the forum, plenty of threads & posts are already available - good luck in your choice(s) -

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    I use the apple wireless keyboard and the Origami case for it. puts the iPad at the perfect viewing angle and the keyboard is suitable for lots of typing.

If I need to go really light I picked up a foldable wireless keyboard from Brookstones for the iPad which is also good but wouldnt recommend it when your in an office or need to do extensive typing work as it doesnt hold the iPad in any position. The only gripe i have about it is that it disconnects after a minute to save battery and takes a second to connect again. really long battery life though

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by giradman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1021yohan View Post
    Depends? What size do you want, do you prefer one that folds, what features do you desire, do you want it integrated into a case, and other questions, such as price?

As a result, you will be getting a lot of different recommendations, so to continue the ones already suggested, I own the Apple keyboard (does not fold but bought a nice compact case and can carry 'on the road') - wife & I really like the 'feel' and size of that keyboard.

If possible and before your purchase, you may want to visit an Apple store and check out a number of different options - this is somewhat a question of personal preferences; also do some searching on the forum, plenty of threads & posts are already available - good luck in your choice(s) -

well. I am looking for apple bluetooth keyboard size. I considered to buy apple keyboard, but I just wanted to know what any kinds of other keyboards are popluar besides apple one. And, that's why I didn't put specific description.
    But, I am really appreciated for your advice.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I just got an Aluminum Keyboard Buddy Case for iPad2 from the store at micgadget.com It is really nice, looks great and works very well.

iPad Fan!
    Member #

Well I like....

.....the Zagg case-keyboard. Bought mine for 50.00 on eBay without a cable. Cable cost .99.

User friendly. Nearly bulletproof, Good connectivity with the iPad. (I have the iPad 1 Wifi 32 gb.

Tnx,

Doc

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Any of the combination keyboard/iPad cases will mean a significantly smaller keyboard than the Apple Wireless Keyboard because of the need to make a keyboard no wider than the iPad in its landscape mode.

The AWK is a very good keyboard and works well with the Incase Origami Workstation keyboard case/iPad stand as another poster noted.

Another option is the Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth keyboard. It's less expensive than the AWK ($30 on Amazon) and actually has a better "feel" and a more ergonomic (curved) shape. It's slightly wider than the AWK and doesn't work with the Origami Workstation. However, it's not as thick as the AWK and depending on your travel bag may be a bit more portable because of that.

It also has a separate numeric keypad useful for spreadsheet work. Unfortunately, the iPad doesn't support the keypad. The model with the keypad is about $45.

I use both keyboards; the AWK with the iPad most of the time and the Microsoft keyboard with my larger laptop (though it works quite well with the iPad.) Each has its advantages and drawbacks. Both have very good keyboards if you're picky about key action, placement, and you use a full size keyboard at least some of the time and don't want to adjust to the cramped keyboards of the combination iPad/keyboard cases.

iPad Fan!
    Member #

Jsh

You are correct about the small size of the keyboard case combos. I have gotten used to the fact that my Zagg is at best a compromise.

I am struggling with getting documents composes in "Pages" out of the iPad and moved to MS Word on my desktop.

The long and short of it is that I don't use the iPad as much for documents or streadsheets as I could. I need to put my mind to it.

Tnx,

Doc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links