Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

What is the Best Ipad bluetooth keyboard??

This is a discussion on What is the Best Ipad bluetooth keyboard?? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I just bought the M.I.C aluminum keyboard buddy and I love it. It is is a full qwerty keyboard and even though the small size ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What is the Best Ipad bluetooth keyboard??

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I just bought the M.I.C aluminum keyboard buddy and I love it. It is is a full qwerty keyboard and even though the small size takes some getting used to its great. M.I.C. designed it to look like a MB keyboard and since it doubles as a case it almost looks like a little computer. My favorite thing is the magnetic sleep mode. The iPad may not be a laptop replacement but this little keyboard makes it look a lot like one.

2. Ads

iPad Wizard
    Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    I type OK onscreen, so I figured there was no point getting a keyboard any smaller than the Apple wireless keyboard. I got that (with an origami case) because it's relatively lightweight and sleek. I also like that it's separate from my iPad, because I can take it only when needed. I probably won't use it much.

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    I type OK onscreen, so I figured there was no point getting a keyboard any smaller than the Apple wireless keyboard. I got that (with an origami case) because it's relatively lightweight and sleek. I also like that it's separate from my iPad, because I can take it only when needed. I probably won't use it much.
    Same setup and much the same reasons for getting the OW rather than a dedicated combo case. What I've found interesting is that I almost always take both with me when I'm out and about. I just chuck both the iPad and the OW into my Timbuk2 small messenger bag along with the other stuff I carry.

I've had purse envy for a long, long time.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochoy View Post
    .....the Zagg case-keyboard. Bought mine for 50.00 on eBay without a cable. Cable cost .99.

User friendly. Nearly bulletproof, Good connectivity with the iPad. (I have the iPad 1 Wifi 32 gb.

Tnx,

Doc
    Are all of the Zaggs Blu-tooth or do some have to be plugged in?

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrflik View Post
    I use the apple wireless keyboard and the Origami case for it.
    Are you referring to the 'regular' wireless Apple keyboard? I ask this because, just tonight, I visited Walmart to see what they had in wireless/Bluetooth keyboards. They were very limited in what they had, and the only one that really shined was the Apple keyboard, for $69.99. I was ready to purchase, but the employee who assisted me (though very nice) didn't know if it would actually work with the IPad. Of course, I could have bought it and returned the device if, in fact, it did not work for me, without any issue. But I thought it best to wait until I found out for sure.

I don't care to get into the all-in-one offerings (portfolio case with integrated keyboard), because I already have a nice Yoobao portfolio case that I love. All i need, now, is just a wireless keyboard to pair with my IPad1.
    ~BLESSINGS~
    Nathan

iPad Wizard
    Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NLAlston View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrflik View Post
    I use the apple wireless keyboard and the Origami case for it.
    Are you referring to the 'regular' wireless Apple keyboard? I ask this because, just tonight, I visited Walmart to see what they had in wireless/Bluetooth keyboards. They were very limited in what they had, and the only one that really shined was the Apple keyboard, for $69.99. I was ready to purchase, but the employee who assisted me (though very nice) didn't know if it would actually work with the IPad. Of course, I could have bought it and returned the device if, in fact, it did not work for me, without any issue. But I thought it best to wait until I found out for sure.

I don't care to get into the all-in-one offerings (portfolio case with integrated keyboard), because I already have a nice Yoobao portfolio case that I love. All i need, now, is just a wireless keyboard to pair with my IPad1.
    Apple Wireless Keyboard - Apple Store (U.S.)

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Here is the one I saw on YouTube - http://www.oz3ds.com/product.php?id_product=48 looks pretty nifty. ....it gets all the angles and is comfortable on the lap...

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times

... I visited Walmart to see what they had in wireless/Bluetooth keyboards. They were very limited in what they had, and the only one that really shined was the Apple keyboard, for $69.99. I was ready to purchase, but the employee who assisted me (though very nice) didn't know if it would actually work with the IPad. Of course, I could have bought it and returned the device if, in fact, it did not work for me, without any issue. But I thought it best to wait until I found out for sure...
    As I recall there was some discussion of an older model of the Apple bluetooth keyboard not working with the iPad. However, the model sold by Walmart (and everyone else these days) works quite well.

Another less expensive option is the Microsoft 6000 portable keyboard available from Amazon for $30. It works very well, has slightly larger keys than the AWK, and a curved form factor that is more ergonomic for extensive typing. A bit wider than the AWK which may be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on your point of view. It's still quite portable.

Many folks, myself included, have the Incase Origami Workstation to use in conjunction with the Apple Wireless Keyboard. It's a protective case for the keyboard that "unfolds" into a stand for iPad. There are many references to it on this board.
    Last edited by jsh1120; 08-15-2011 at 08:03 AM.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post

... I visited Walmart to see what they had in wireless/Bluetooth keyboards. They were very limited in what they had, and the only one that really shined was the Apple keyboard, for $69.99. I was ready to purchase, but the employee who assisted me (though very nice) didn't know if it would actually work with the IPad. Of course, I could have bought it and returned the device if, in fact, it did not work for me, without any issue. But I thought it best to wait until I found out for sure...
    As I recall there was some discussion of an older model of the Apple bluetooth keyboard not working with the iPad. However, the model sold by Walmart (and everyone else these days) works quite well.

Another less expensive option is the Microsoft 6000 portable keyboard available from Amazon for $30. It works very well, has slightly larger keys than the AWK, and a curved form factor that is more ergonomic for extensive typing. A bit wider than the AWK which may be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on your point of view. It's still quite portable.

Many folks, myself included, have the Incase Origami Workstation to use in conjunction with the Apple Wireless Keyboard. It's a protective case for the keyboard that "unfolds" into a stand for iPad. There are many references to it on this board.
    Thanks.

Actually, I had hoped that there was an AWK knockoff floating around out there, somewhere. If there was, I am sure that it would have been much cheaper than the Apple original. But I may just have to focus on the AWK, as it is the best constructed keyboard that I have seen, to date.
    ~BLESSINGS~
    Nathan

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    748 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NLAlston

Thanks.

Actually, I had hoped that there was an AWK knockoff floating around out there, somewhere. If there was, I am sure that it would have been much cheaper than the Apple original. But I may just have to focus on the AWK, as it is the best constructed keyboard that I have seen, to date.
    And if you did find one much cheaper don't expect the quality to be anywhere near as good. You could also keep an eye on the Apple Refurb section of their store site, you can generally get a few $ off the price of a new one if they have any.

The Archangel

Links