Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Wireless Keyboard Help

This is a discussion on Wireless Keyboard Help within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hi Guys! I was wondering if anyone knows of a wireless (bluetooth) keyboard with iPad specific keys. Sort of like the iPad dock keyboard's home, ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Fan!
    Member #

Wireless Keyboard Help

Hi Guys!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a wireless (bluetooth) keyboard with iPad specific keys. Sort of like the iPad dock keyboard's home, brightness, lock keys, but on a bluetooth keyboard. I've searched far and wide but only seem to find either keyboard/case combos or sketchy Chinese made keyboards.

Any help? As a college student this would be a huge asset to my iPad 2

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Check out the Apple B/T keyboard.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    I've considered it, but I was wondering if there is a keyboard out there with dedicated iPad functions, unlike the Apple BT keyboard. Any ideas?

iPad Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    Hello and welcome to the forum -

What's wrong w/ the Apple BT offering shown below - it's the one that I own; does not fold if that is an option for you? Keep in mind that there are NOT a lot of special key options or combinations w/ this keyboard (nor w/ others) - BUT if you plan to do a LOT of typing on the iPad this is likely one of your best choices - good luck in your selection!

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by giradman View Post

What's wrong w/ the Apple BT offering shown below - it's the one that I own; does not fold if that is an option for you? Keep in mind that there are NOT a lot of special key options or combinations w/ this keyboard (nor w/ others) - BUT if you plan to do a LOT of typing on the iPad this is likely one of your best choices - good luck in your selection!
    What keys replicate iPad functions? Does adjusting brightness, sound, music on the keyboard work on the iPad? Does any key replicate the home/lock button?

Also, how do you keep the keyboard from getting damaged in travel?

Thanks so much for the help! I love this forum

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1447 times
    You might want to take a look at the Zaggmate Bluetooth keyboard. It has special function keys that duplicate the home button, allow access to Spotlight (search), turn on the slideshow, use the onscreen keyboard and turn on/off the iPad. In addition, it has media buttons for play/pause music, previous/next tracks, mute and volume up/down. And, there's the button to activate the international keyboard, should you have that enabled.

I have both the Apple and the Zaggmate keyboards. As far as function keys go, the Zaggmate has more buttons to make using it the same as pressing buttons on the iPad.

Good luck in your decision.

Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    You might want to take a look at the Zaggmate Bluetooth keyboard. It has special function keys that duplicate the home button, allow access to Spotlight (search), turn on the slideshow, use the onscreen keyboard and turn on/off the iPad. In addition, it has media buttons for play/pause music, previous/next tracks, mute and volume up/down. And, there's the button to activate the international keyboard, should you have that enabled.

I have both the Apple and the Zaggmate keyboards. As far as function keys go, the Zaggmate has more buttons to make using it the same as pressing buttons on the iPad.

Good luck in your decision.

Marilyn
    Is this a BT/Case combo? Or just a keyboard?

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If you're going to be doing a lot of keyboard work, size is as important as "dedicated keys" IMO. The smaller keyboards may look neat but they can be a PIA to work on for any length of time.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    @Plains

I definitely see that. What do you recommend?

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aenti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by giradman View Post

What keys replicate iPad functions? Does adjusting brightness, sound, music on the keyboard work on the iPad? Does any key replicate the home/lock button?

Also, how do you keep the keyboard from getting damaged in travel?

Thanks so much for the help! I love this forum
    The Apple Wireless Keyboard does, in fact, allow you to adjust the iPad's brightness and sound (beautifully), the home button... no. You can protect the keyboard with the excellent Origami Workstation which has been discussed on several other threads.

Links