Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Are zagg screen protectors scratch-proof?

This is a discussion on Are zagg screen protectors scratch-proof? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I am currently using a Steinheil screen protector on my ipad 2 and yesterday it got some scratch marks on it when I was playing ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Are zagg screen protectors scratch-proof?

I am currently using a Steinheil screen protector on my ipad 2 and yesterday it got some scratch marks on it when I was playing a game with my Flick joystick.

At first I thought my screen got scratched, but it turned out to be the screen protector that got scratched.

Now I'm looking for a new screen protector that is completely scratch proof and I always see people recommend zagg brand. Are they scratch proof? If not, is there one that is?

2. Ads

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    I use Ghost Armour. They are usually located across from Apple stores at most malls. It is great. Covers the entire Ipad. Alittle costly. about 53 bucks for an entire cover but well worth it in my eyes. Have it on my Ipad2 and wifes Ipad. Check it out.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I've always had good luck with zagg. I've used their shields on all my devices for years without any scratches.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J. R. R. Tolkien

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    While Zagg is good for protecting the rear of the ipad, I personally hate the feel of Zagg for the screen. It has that orange peel look and doesn't feel smooth.

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatboy
    While Zagg is good for protecting the rear of the ipad, I personally hate the feel of Zagg for the screen. It has that orange peel look and doesn't feel smooth.
    Great on the back to protect it and to make it less slick.

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMESHARQ
    I'm looking for a new screen protector that is completely scratch proof and I always see people recommend zagg brand. Are they scratch proof? If not, is there one that is?
    Zagg markets their screen protectors as military-grade and they can withstand some pretty rough treatment, but completely scratch-proof is a pretty tall order. On the other hand, they do offer a lifetime replacement guarantee on their InvisibleShield screens. (I have used Zagg and invoked their warranty once, and they were happy to oblige.)
    32GB WiFi

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tzimisce View Post
    Zagg markets their screen protectors as military-grade and they can withstand some pretty rough treatment, but completely scratch-proof is a pretty tall order. On the other hand, they do offer a lifetime replacement guarantee on their InvisibleShield screens. (I have used Zagg and invoked their warranty once, and they were happy to oblige.)
    I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Well, I'm using Zagg and extremely happy with it. Yes it was scratch proof until my niece used some sort of sharp toy and accidentally scratched it. I went back to the shop i purchased from, and the workers there said there's no such thing for screen protector warranty, only Apple screen(my iPad2 screen is not scratched at all). I need advice to where should i lounge my report for the claim?

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I personally like Amazon's ArmorSuit protectors just because they don't have that orange peel affect. How's the Zagg compared to the ArmorSuit's?

iPad Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eikozai View Post
    I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Well, I'm using Zagg and extremely happy with it. Yes it was scratch proof until my niece used some sort of sharp toy and accidentally scratched it. I went back to the shop i purchased from, and the workers there said there's no such thing for screen protector warranty, only Apple screen(my iPad2 screen is not scratched at all). I need advice to where should i lounge my report for the claim?
    Www.zag.com

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Life begins, and spirits rise,
    and they become memories that vaporize,
    and the vapor becomes the dreams we devise,
    and while we are dreaming...
    Time flies...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    858 times
    I don't have the zagg on my iPad, but do on my phone and I can say that it does protect from scratches. It fell from a disney dumbo ride that I was stepping off of when it happened last year and fortunately the screen was fine, but the sides sure did get banged up some.

iPad 2 ~ Wi-Fi ~ 32 GB | MacBook Air 13-inch 4 GB RAM/128 GB | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | iPod Classic 80 GB | iPod Touch 32 GB (4th Gen)

Links