Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

iPad Skins vs iPad Cases

This is a discussion on iPad Skins vs iPad Cases within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; We wanted to take a poll on what everyone prefers. Would you rather use a case for your iPad or put a skin on it. ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Noob!
    Member #

Post iPad Skins vs iPad Cases

We wanted to take a poll on what everyone prefers. Would you rather use a case for your iPad or put a skin on it.

Possible aspects to consider:
    • Weight and mobility
    • Looks and feel
    • Color coordination
    • Protective abilities

Let me know your thoughts.

2. Ads

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    I have tried both and my opinion is:

Weight: a skin is obviously better than a cover in terms of weight but some covers hardly weigh anything (Incipio Feather)
    Coordination: a skin can be any design and colour so is more flexible for those showing off their individuality...
    Fitting: make a mess of the install and a skin just looks awful!!!! With a cover you get a perfect fit every time, and it can be removed for cleaning.
    Protection: a skin offers no protection except for scratches. A cover offers much more...

Just my 2 cents worth....

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    Since the iPad2 is pretty darn fragile I can’t see myself using anything but a case. It doesn’t have to be the kind you can throw down a hill or against an office wall, but it does have to protect my investment. I favor the garden-variety notebook style myself with either an edged sleeve border or an effective clip edged border. Either way, it should be thin and fit tighter than a cats meow. Also, make no mistake, as many iPad owners would likely pay through the nose for quality. Then again, what do I know.
    Last edited by SaberOne; 06-21-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Dan

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    With 6 boy grandchildren 5 and under using the iPad (even the one year old can turn it on and get his favorite books started), I need a case. The case that works on the battlefield would be best but I have settled for a targus and glasses wipes from lens crafters.

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    I bought a silicon cover and a leather case..silicone for bump and fall resistance...leather cover for the sun and weather..when u adopt an elephant u got to pay to keep it health...just a saying here in india
    Sent from my White iPad 2.

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    I bought a silicon cover and a leather case..silicone for bump and fall resistance...leather cover for the sun and weather..when u adopt an elephant u got to pay to keep it healthy...just a saying here in india
    Sent from my White iPad 2.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberOne
    Since the iPad2 is pretty darn fragile I can’t see myself using anything but a case. It doesn’t have to be the kind you can throw down a hill or against an office wall, but it does have to protect my investment. I favor the garden-variety notebook style myself with either an edged sleeve border or an effective clip edged border. Either way, it should be thin and fit tighter than a cats meow. Also, make no mistake, as many iPad owners would likely pay through the nose for quality. Then again, what do I know.
    What version of notebook case have you settled on? Having broken the glass screen on mine, I am trying to choose the best option.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Ipad case much better, used both case +++++

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Caew...!

Otterbox Defender because at the time it was the toughest available.....
    iPad Air 64GB WiFi, IPad rMini 64GB 4G, iPod Touch 5th Gen

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    Hello 'mcduct'

I’m far too new to recommend anything. I simply read, write and review product pages on the web. Following the lead of news correspondent’s in the field, the notebook style seems to be popular. Also, I tend to lean towards the quality cases that may or may not fit better. In the end, I think it’s a crapshoot and I’ve learned to nail the return process (RMA) to a science. If I were buying today, here is one that caught my eye. Click on the small pics to see the nice detail.

Beyza Tan Executive II Leather Slim Case for Apple iPad 2

BTW: I’m too embarrassed to post the one I opted for since its head n’ shoulders over the top.
    Regards,
    Last edited by SaberOne; 06-21-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Dan

Links