Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Messenger bags for ipad2

This is a discussion on Messenger bags for ipad2 within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I've searched online for some messenger bags, but I couldn't really decide what would be best for my new i-device. Anyone have or is using ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Messenger bags for ipad2

I've searched online for some messenger bags, but I couldn't really decide what would be best for my new i-device.
    Anyone have or is using one that they would like to recommend me?

These were some i found:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...messenger-bag/

The Ristretto for iPad and iPad 2 Messenger Bag by: TOM BIHN

SGP iPad 2 Dresden Klaus9i Messenger Bag [Black]

2. Ads

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    I use a Timbukto messenger bag. I bought from amazon. Holds my iPad in one section and has second section with pockets etc for things lick pens, keys stuff like that, it is also light and weatherproof as well. Cost $60.00 and comes in lots of colors. Would not leave home with out it.
    Bdullea

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdullea View Post
    I use a Timbukto messenger bag. I bought from amazon. Holds my iPad in one section and has second section with pockets etc for things lick pens, keys stuff like that, it is also light and weatherproof as well. Cost $60.00 and comes in lots of colors. Would not leave home with out it.
    Another vote for the Timbuk2 messenger bag, especially for the money. I originally purchased one for my 11" netbook on sale (about $35 as I recall.) Found, like others, that my netbook wouldn't quite fit in the dedicated compartment. Held onto it and found that it was perfect for the iPad 2.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003386GAE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d3_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf _rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=18AS53QP0P83NBEVXJJ5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Timbuk2 Freestyle iPad/iPad2 Messenger Bag: Clothing[/ame]

More elegant (and more expensive) alternatives are available from Waterfield Designs. I have the iPad Travel Express. (Or I will have on Father's Day. ) The iPad Wallet is similar and has a dedicated compartment for the Apple Wireless Keyboard. (Won't work with the Origami Workstation cover for the keyboard, though.) And if you're into leather, their Muzetto bag ($200 for the iPad size) is very good looking.

BTW, Waterfield Designs makes extremely durable bags. I have a laptop bag that I've used/abused for years that looks as good as the day I bought it. And unlike almost every other manufacturer, their bags usually have bright interior colors that enable you to SEE what's in the d**n bag!

All in all, I'd recommend Waterfield Designs bags without reservation. You pay a bit more but you'll understand why if you own one.

Need a case or bag for your laptop, tablet, mobile device, or gadget? We've got you covered - WaterField Design - Made in USA

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Cocoon - Cocoon

They have a nice selection of bags at a great price.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have a mobileedge scanfast that I bought for my netbook: ScanFast Ultra Portable / Netbook Messenger Bag - TSA Approved / Compliant - Airport Security Checkpoint Friendly | Mobile Edge For some reason they don't show the second zipped compartment where the netbook goes. I have my ipad in a soft zipped case and it fits in the netbook compartment perfectly... like it was made for it. The bag is pretty small, plenty of space to store accessores and power cords, fits my needs great.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I found this brand as I was searching. The multiple section pockets caught my attention. I'm still on the search comparing between products. Thanks for the suggestion.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Another vote for the Timbuk2 messenger bag, especially for the money. I originally purchased one for my 11" netbook on sale (about $35 as I recall.) Found, like others, that my netbook wouldn't quite fit in the dedicated compartment. Held onto it and found that it was perfect for the iPad 2.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003386GAE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d3_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf _rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=18AS53QP0P83NBEVXJJ5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Timbuk2 Freestyle iPad/iPad2 Messenger Bag: Clothing[/ame]

More elegant (and more expensive) alternatives are available from Waterfield Designs. I have the iPad Travel Express. (Or I will have on Father's Day. ) The iPad Wallet is similar and has a dedicated compartment for the Apple Wireless Keyboard. (Won't work with the Origami Workstation cover for the keyboard, though.) And if you're into leather, their Muzetto bag ($200 for the iPad size) is very good looking.

BTW, Waterfield Designs makes extremely durable bags. I have a laptop bag that I've used/abused for years that looks as good as the day I bought it. And unlike almost every other manufacturer, their bags usually have bright interior colors that enable you to SEE what's in the d**n bag!

All in all, I'd recommend Waterfield Designs bags without reservation. You pay a bit more but you'll understand why if you own one.

Need a case or bag for your laptop, tablet, mobile device, or gadget? We've got you covered - WaterField Design - Made in USA
    The Muzetto bag is a little too pricey, but the WaterField Design product seems more reasonable for purchase. Are you getting the iPad Travel Express bag as a gift from your children?
    I'm considering one between the iPad Travel Express and the SGP Dressen messenger bag. Thank you for your input! Much appreciated.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trctex View Post
    Cocoon - Cocoon

They have a nice selection of bags at a great price.
    I've checked the site you have linked. Are you using one by any chance? I would like to hear a feedback for this brand product. Thanks.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee2cu View Post
    I have a mobileedge scanfast that I bought for my netbook: ScanFast Ultra Portable / Netbook Messenger Bag - TSA Approved / Compliant - Airport Security Checkpoint Friendly | Mobile Edge For some reason they don't show the second zipped compartment where the netbook goes. I have my ipad in a soft zipped case and it fits in the netbook compartment perfectly... like it was made for it. The bag is pretty small, plenty of space to store accessores and power cords, fits my needs great.
    This case looks very convenient when traveling. It looks very firm and have sturdy resistance for good protection. Thank you for sharing.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    I found this great bag at REI.
    It's the Osprey Warp vertical bag. Plenty of room for everything!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Messenger bags for ipad2-image-495260433.png  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links