Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Belkin transparent rear cover ...

This is a discussion on Belkin transparent rear cover ... within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Rocks! Fits like a glove and isn't all that easy to get off (thought I was going to break it). Thought I'd share in my ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Fan
    Member #

Belkin transparent rear cover ...

Rocks!
    Fits like a glove and isn't all that easy to get off (thought I was going to break it).
    Thought I'd share in my joy. It's nice not having those little plastic feet stuck to the back anymore.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I've just been looking at this. Its got great reviews. However, I worry that in time, it will cause wear at the contact points: i.e; the corners of the iPad.

Then again- plastic v alloy. Alloy should win every time!

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noddy
    I've just been looking at this. Its got great reviews. However, I worry that in time, it will cause wear at the contact points: i.e; the corners of the iPad.

Then again- plastic v alloy. Alloy should win every time!
    It's the dirt, sand and grit that gets into cases that cause the real wear. That's why I prefer stuck-on skins or no case at all.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by the_john
    Rocks!
    Fits like a glove and isn't all that easy to get off (thought I was going to break it).
    Thought I'd share in my joy. It's nice not having those little plastic feet stuck to the back anymore.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF
    Mine did crack on one corner. I removed it only once and that is the only reason I can think of for the chip in the corner. Bummer!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    I like the cover, but like Markbnh1, I already have cracks on three of the corners. I've never removed it. i guess i wont remove it until it falls off now. Though the edges give some way now, not a tight fit anymore, but still doing its job.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    If you guys are talking about the Belkin Snap Shield mine cracked as well. I got the smoked one and after two weeks of use it started to develop hairline cracks on the edges. I took it back to Target and returned it for a full refund. Several people on reviews mentioned that theirs developed cracks as well. I'm going to wait until Belkin rereleases a better version or something better.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I got mine installed this afternoon. Fits perfectly with the iPad Smart Cover. I had the Belkin folio folder before but it has started to leave a brown discoloration around the edges of the iPad. I am still looking for something safe to remove the brownish discoloration.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    I purchased the Belkin back cover and was happy with it until I noticed cracks in the corners. So I exchanged it and the new cracked too! For the record, i am extremely gentle with my ipad and only use it mounted while teaching, so it wasn't from wear and tear. For the price I thought that it would hold up better. I'm not happy now without reliable coverage on the back. Any other suggestions?

iPF Novice
    Member #
    "Belkin transparent Cover" do you have a link to the item? Thx

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am using a cover similar to the Belkin that I purchased on eBay. I've been using it for approximately 2 months. It hasn't cracked and shows no sign of deterioration other than normal wear. I have a second one in reserve for when this one gets scratched up enough that I want to replace it for the sake of appearance. The best thing is, this one can be had for 1/3 the cost of the Belkin, including shipping.

iPad2 Clear Smart Cover MATE Hard PC Case for ipad 2 - eBay (item 270738611841 end time Jun-19-11 19:32:16 PDT)

Links