Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

OtterBox's iPad 2 Defender Series Case is now available to order!!!

This is a discussion on OtterBox's iPad 2 Defender Series Case is now available to order!!! within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I have OtterBox cases on mine and my wife's iPhones (we have a two year old and are both prone to dropping our phones occasionally). ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    I have OtterBox cases on mine and my wife's iPhones (we have a two year old and are both prone to dropping our phones occasionally). I've been using a Targus leather case, that, no matter what the box says, wasn't made for an iPad 2. The back camera hole doesn't even line up and the power button and orientation switch are quite difficult to access. Besides, like I said we have a two year old. The Targus is going back to Best Buy (It was a gift, I shop almost exclusively online and pay a lot less in most instances BestBuy=WorstBuy in my book).

I got an email at 12:18pm CST that the OtterBox iPad 2 Defender Series Case was available to order. It took a few minutes to set up an account with OtterBox, my order confirmation arrived at 12:38pm! Now. if I can just manage to keep from breaking this thing until it arrives...

32gig iPhone 4 Black/16gig iPad 2 Black
    Last edited by Jarhead; 05-15-2011 at 10:51 PM.

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    I like OtterBox cases there really tough cases, but I think for the iPad 2 its kind of bulky. If they make one thats a bit thinner and can be compatible with the smartcover I would get one for sure.
    iPad 2 64GB 3G Black,
    iPad 1 64GB 3G,
    iPhone 4 32GB Black,
    iPod 3rd Gen. 32 GB White.

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The otter box for iPad is such a heavy clunky thing I can't imagine needing it unless you REALLY ABUSE your unit.
    ~John

Ipad2 3G 64 gig -jailbroken
    Running Air Video from over 4 terabytes of space on my local LAN (6 PC's & a MacBook air)
    Highly customized Verizon Note 2 phone
    AirStash

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
    The otter box for iPad is such a heavy clunky thing I can't imagine needing it unless you REALLY ABUSE your unit.
    I agree. Its such a delicate unit, wouldnt want to man handle it.
    iPad 2 64GB 3G Black,
    iPad 1 64GB 3G,
    iPhone 4 32GB Black,
    iPod 3rd Gen. 32 GB White.

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I don't like the otterbox for the iPad 2 because it doesn't totally cover up the bezel all the way to the screen like the one for my iPad 1.
    There is only one Return, and it's not Of The King, it is Of The Jedi.

Banned
    Member #
    I have otter for my ip4, but I feel if you need one for iPad you probably don't need an iPad, like putting an otter on a net book lol..jmo

iPad Wizard
    Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    Agreed on the OtterBox's weight and bulk. I received one as a gift for iPad 1 and returned it. At the time, there was a big price difference between the Costco price and the price elsewhere, so buyers might want to look for it there if they have memberships. I don't have a membership, but my brother said if I ever want anything, he could have it shipped to me with his membership. Maybe others can do something similar if they know a member.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorton10
    I don't plan to abuse it but I have a two year old, a 3 month old and a somewhat clumsy Wife that might. As far as heavy goes; It can't be any heavier than this Targus portfolio thing I'm using. The idea of a minimalist case just sounds like trouble in my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Munky
    I don't like the otterbox for the iPad 2 because it doesn't totally cover up the bezel all the way to the screen like the one for my iPad 1.
    Actually I like that. The Defender for the iPhone makes it difficult to touch the edges of the screen. My Wife, who has smaller fingers doesn't have that problem. We both recently switched to Commuter cases for our iP4s mostly because the hard plastic is on the outside allowing it to be put in/pulled out of a pocket easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay
    ....big price difference between the Costco price and the price elsewhere...
    NewEgg.com usually has the best price going but I need the thing yesterday and it wasn't listing on NewEgg or Amazon yet when I placed my order, besides there is usually a high demand when a new product comes out so the price drop from retail takes a few days or even weeks.

Last edited by Jarhead; 05-15-2011 at 05:53 PM.

iPad Wizard
    Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay
    ....big price difference between the Costco price and the price elsewhere...
    NewEgg.com usually has the best price going but I need the thing yesterday.

Those who can wait might want to check Costco. It was sell the iPad 1 Otterbox for half retail price, better than NewEgg. That was during Christmas, and it was regular Costco price. I haven't checked since, but I would if I were in the market. Love the Internet for that -- instant comps.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    •Amazon has it for $19.75 off retail and $6.95 shipping charge ($12.80 overall savings) BUT they have it listed as "Usually ships with 3-5 weeks"!

•NewEgg still doesn't have it listed at all.

•I purchased mine from OtterBox's website and have received an order confirmation and a receipt but no tracking info, yet. Of course that's not surprising for an order placed after noon on a Friday. I did pay full retail price but shipping was free.

•It comes with a "free" protective film for the screen but I seriously doubt I'll be able to apply it on such a large screen without bubbles or dust screwing it up. I bought the last ones for our (mine and the Wife's) iPhone 4's at the Apple store and got the guy there to put them on the phones. Customer service is where Apple really shines.

Last edited by Jarhead; 05-15-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links