Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Saddleback Leather Case

This is a discussion on Saddleback Leather Case within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Anyone have one of these. They're expensive but look great and smell better Thoughts? Sent from my iPad using iPF...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Saddleback Leather Case

Anyone have one of these. They're expensive but look great and smell better Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

2. Ads

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No, but can you post a picture or website link, please.
    iPhone 4, iMac, iPad 2 WiFi, Zaggmate keyboard case, Jambox by Jawbone, Apple Camera Connection kit, Apple Magic Mouse, Apple wireless keyboard, Apple Airport Express

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Sounds like one I would like. Where can you get it?

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    There only available at Saddleback Leather Co. : Leather Bags, Leather Briefcases, & Luggage.

I have one and really like it. It is expensive though, but the leather is thick and sturdy. I did have the Yoobao leather case from amazon.com, but didn't like the smell so I returned it and got the Saddleback case.
    White 32GB Wifi iPad2
    Black 32GB iPhone 4
    2.0 GHz C2D MacBook

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    "All of our products are fully warranted against all defects in materials and workmanship for 100 years. If you or one of your descendants should have a problem, send it back to me or one of my descendants"

*lol* I love that...would buy one this instantly if they gave me a 100 year warranty on my iPad 2 too (or at least on the form factor).
    Last edited by Kukulcan; 05-11-2011 at 02:47 AM.
    Cheers! Martin aka Kukulcan

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have one and like it more and more every day. I was worried that it might be too thick or too heavy. It's not. It's a great case with a lot of protection. I recommend it to all. I liked it so much I bought a matching brief case.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyleo View Post
    I have one and like it more and more every day. I was worried that it might be too thick or too heavy. It's not. It's a great case with a lot of protection. I recommend it to all. I liked it so much I bought a matching brief case.
    So I have the Sena Florence now and I like the leather (even if no comparison to the saddleback).

If I decide to send it back (for other reasons) and go for the saddleback I need some questions answered, because I dont want to return another case:

- The case is pure leather? No cardboard to stabilize front cover I assume and same material on both sides!
    - Important: The website shows the standing position, which is fine. But how about a typing position? Are the straps hard enough to support that position?
    - How much do you need to fiddle to get the thing open? I usually woulndt even care about a means of "locking" the case.
    - How about the screen? The case looks like it is very close to the visible area, doesnt it hinder view or finger movement?
    - Does the leather sit tight on the front? For the Sena, it doesnt (yet) and dirt goes under it (and to remove you either need to take the ipad out all the time or lift and thus bend up the leather again.
    - With no magnetic on/off feature and the button covered, how responsive is the button through the leather?

Thanks!

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukulcan
    The case is pure leather? No cardboard to stabilize front cover I assume and same material on both sides!
    Not sure what you mean by 'pure leather', but I know that Saddleback use the best grade leather commercially available for their products. Read this page -- http://www.saddlebackleather.com/18-...ther-is-better

Inserts and liners don't infer anything: for example, Oberon Design also use the same high-grade hide for their iPad leather folios, but they also include inserts in their liner pockets to give the cover more rigidity. (Many users, including myself, actually remove them.)
    32GB WiFi

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tzimisce View Post
    The case is pure leather? No cardboard to stabilize front cover I assume and same material on both sides!
    Not sure what you mean by 'pure leather', but I know that Saddleback use the best grade leather commercially available for their products. Read this page -- Why Saddleback Leather Is Better - Guide to Buying Leather
    I do not question the quality of their leather, I just assumed they dont use any cardboard if they give 100yrs warranty. I am no native speaker, so what I meant was "made only of leather".

I asked for the inside of the front cover because if used in typing position most non leather materials on the inside are a dirt magnet. I dont care if my stuff get's dirty and looked used over time, but this dirt gets transferred to the screen everytime the case is closed.

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I do not question the quality of their leather, I just assumed they dont use any cardboard if they give 100yrs warranty. I am no native speaker, so what I meant was "made only of leather".
    Sure - I wanted to clarify your question. As the link shows, there are many kinds of leather from top-grade hides to el cheapo leather-synthetic composites which barely qualify as 'leather'. Even a product made with 90% polyurethane leather and 10% full-grain hide can be described, legally, as 'made with genuine leather'... which unsuspecting buyers can and do get ripped off.

I'm not a user of Saddleback (just don't like their designs) - but as a longtime leather user, they do make quality products and are worth the cost, if you like their stuff.
    32GB WiFi

Links