Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Screen Protector or Naked?

This is a discussion on Screen Protector or Naked? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I recently bought my iPad2 and I'm contemplating if I'm going to put a screen protector. I do have a Belkin Slim Folio case for ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I recently bought my iPad2 and I'm contemplating if I'm going to put a screen protector. I do have a Belkin Slim Folio case for it and a soft wiping cloth (came from a dslr lens cleaning kit) with it all the time to wipe the screen clean. I have an iPhone 3G that I've used for more than 2 years with no screen protector and it has a very little scratch -- I dropped it out of bed by the way....

So now, I'm thinking... a cover or not... hmmmm...

2. Ads

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Hi,

I'm a long-time iPad v1 user and because we have 14 month old twins (that love playing various baby / toddler games on the iPad) I long ago did a careful comparison of Amazon reviews of various screen protectors and choose Splash Masque. I've not used any other brand so don't have a reference but I can say that after six months of use (and lots of abuse from the twins) I am impressed with the product. The screen looks terrific (Chrystal clear, except for our kids finger-smudges, which wipe off easy), has retained it's "glass" like feel (I had worried about that), and I have been unable to detect any difference in the screen tactile feel (including when typing fast on the virtual keyboard, which I do a lot of writing on in Pages).

Splash Masque is not cheap, it takes a near-hermetically pure dust-free environment in order to install the protector properly (I.e., w/o bubbles, etc), and the instructions were a bit dodgy so I trashed one protector installing it incorrectly. But once installed the protector has worked like a charm.

I hope this data point helps — Good luck!

- bjl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Links