Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Mount for iPad in the kitchen

This is a discussion on Mount for iPad in the kitchen within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Modern kitchens are often minimalist. Tile backsplashes and simple cabinetry line the counters creating an art deco or space-inspired escape. These kitchens have a very ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    Modern kitchens are often minimalist. Tile backsplashes and simple cabinetry line the counters creating an art deco or space-inspired escape. These kitchens have a very cubic structure with a glossy finish to their decor.

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    I'm using the Hedge iPad mount now - Hedgie iPad and tablet computer wall mount & holder hedgie.net

It's essentially just Velcro on a very sticky backing - one half goes on the wall tiles, the other to the back of a thin back protector on the iPad. Works great, very minimal and very secure!

iPad Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by incapete View Post
    I'm using the Hedge iPad mount now - Hedgie iPad and tablet computer wall mount & holder hedgie.net

It's essentially just Velcro on a very sticky backing - one half goes on the wall tiles, the other to the back of a thin back protector on the iPad. Works great, very minimal and very secure!
    Hi Incapete - thanks for the information; however, your link did not work for me (probably left off the need for a www. w/ the .net domain) - for those interested, give this LINK A Try - looks like an inexpensive simple solution - my two concerns would be: 1) damage from the adhesive to the attachment location (e.g. a site w/ wallpaper); and 2) whether a gentle bump on the iPad might cause it crashing to the floor? Just saying -

iPad Fan
    Member #
    I'd say the first point is valid - it's strong adhesive so could damage wallpaper if you removed it later, I'm using it on a tiled wall or on my fridge to avoid this.

But since it's so strong there is no chance of it slipping to the floor! Berried a couple of wall mount solutions (nothing too expensive, I wasn't willing to pay out for the really fancy ones discussed earlier in the thread) and this is rock solid. In fact the only frustrating thing about it is that its a little hard to take off the wall since it sticks so well!

iPad Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    Thanks for the follow-up Incapete - that's what I would do regarding placing the wall 'sticker', i.e. on a durable surface, such as tile or metal. Velcro is pretty strong, especially if the force is a sheering one as in this case, but I can understand the removal issue; yet certainly a simple and inexpensive solution.

Previously I had posted 'my solution', i.e. a removable 'under the counter' acrylic stand - also works well but I was afraid a gentle bump might still knock the iPad from the stand - I just use a LARGE rubber band to place around the stand & iPad - unobtrusive and provides a feeling of reassurance - good luck in your choice!

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Are you talking about the cabinet mount? I have a first gen iPad in the kitchen on that very mount. It is not unstable when in use. Granted, if I were to wobble it myself it will, but it is quite stable and when using the iPad it doesn't wobble one bit.

iPad Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    [QUOTE=MeniaDimaridou;590289]Are you talking about the cabinet mount? I have a first gen iPad in the kitchen on that very mount. It is not unstable when in use. Granted, if I were to wobble it myself it will, but it is quite stable and when using the iPad it doesn't wobble one bit.[/QUO

Hmmm - thought that I had posted a pic of the removable acrylic iPad rack that I now use in my kitchen - Info HERE and photo of mine below - just requires installation of 3 small plastic holders below the cabinet (and hidden by the lower face frame); these hold the removable clear acrylic rack - works well!

Mount for iPad in the kitchen-ipadrecipes.jpg

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by vsstanton View Post
    Remodeling my kitchen and want a mount for my iPad...something that will fold up under a cabinet when Not in use...anyone using anything they love...so hard to look at them in pictures and know what will really work best!
    Thanks
    I'm using a metal-frame plate-stand for mine:

Works great, and can't beat the price

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There is also one made by Belkin. Search for Belkin kitchen mount for ipad. My daughter has one and likes it. They go on sale for $25.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    You can use the breffo Spiderpodium Tablet for this

Links