Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Screen protector preference?

This is a discussion on Screen protector preference? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Is the moshi ivisor any good for reading iBooks outside in the sunlight...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Is the moshi ivisor any good for reading iBooks outside in the sunlight

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Just fitted the Moshi ivisor, it is really good, doesn't adhere to screen but only to the bezzle so no bubbles, easily removed, found it better to have screen on home to line up otherwise it is squint when lined up to the outside rim.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi all. I was thinking of getting a screen protector for my ipad 2. I was looking at the PowerSupport Crystal Film for $30 + shipping.

Some people seem to think it's worth it, but other people have said that they use their ipad 2 a lot and have had no scratches or damage at all.

Do you think it's worth the $30 investment?

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMESHARQ
    Some people seem to think it's worth it, but other people have said that they use their ipad 2 a lot and have had no scratches or damage at all. Do you think it's worth the $30 investment?
    As I've mentioned in another thread, not having incurred damage in the past is no indicator of what will happen in the future, as accidents are, by definition, unpredictable. On the other hand, $30 is on the high end of pricing for a screen protector - if you are just looking to put a screen to protect the glass, there's lots of lower priced options available.

There are various kinds of screens for different users. A matte screen, for example, greatly reduces glare and reflection from the glass, which makes it ideal if you use it outdoors a lot. A privacy filter will prevent people sitting beside you from reading your screen. A mirrored screen cover turns your screen into a highly-reflective mirror-like effect when it's off, but allows the display to appear when turned on.
    32GB WiFi

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    My iPad 2's screen is nekkid but I do have covers that I keep it in.
    I do have the ummm.... either the Bestskinever or the Zagg shield on my iPhone 4 though since it would likely be more susceptible to scratching.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tzimisce View Post
    Some people seem to think it's worth it, but other people have said that they use their ipad 2 a lot and have had no scratches or damage at all. Do you think it's worth the $30 investment?
    As I've mentioned in another thread, not having incurred damage in the past is no indicator of what will happen in the future, as accidents are, by definition, unpredictable. On the other hand, $30 is on the high end of pricing for a screen protector - if you are just looking to put a screen to protect the glass, there's lots of lower priced options available.

There are various kinds of screens for different users. A matte screen, for example, greatly reduces glare and reflection from the glass, which makes it ideal if you use it outdoors a lot. A privacy filter will prevent people sitting beside you from reading your screen. A mirrored screen cover turns your screen into a highly-reflective mirror-like effect when it's off, but allows the display to appear when turned on.
    I don't want anything of poor quality. I want something that will not negatively effect the display of the screen or the response to touch. I'd also like something that will make it easy to read in sunlight. I don't really care about the privacy factor.

Banned
    Member #
    That's what I got. Poor quality. Need something better, those rip off and replace ones are rubbish!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't know what the difference is between the PowerSupport Anti-Glare and the PowerSupport Crystal Film.

Are there any down sides to having an anti-glare protector? Does it diminish the color quality or anything?

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't want anything of poor quality. I want something that will not negatively effect the display of the screen or the response to touch. I'd also like something that will make it easy to read in sunlight. I don't really care about the privacy factor.
    Then you'd want to consider a matte protector. I put a matte filter from Brando on my device because I use my iPad outdoors a lot, which removes most of the harsh ambient glare and reflection from naked glass. A great side effect of the matte protector is that it also virtually eliminates smudges and 'squeaks' from fingers, which makes for a smooth tactile experience.

The downside of a matte protector is that it creates a 'pixellation effect', but to me that's a non-issue (for the Brando at least) because that's exactly how they're designed to reduce glare and reflection, and unless you use the iPad with your eyes two inches from the screen, there's no perceptible degradation in picture quality.
    32GB WiFi

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Martlet View Post
    I love my ghost armor.
    I do too! I got the front done after walking by the kiosk all the time. Im really happy with how it turned out, just dont know if I should get that back done or not. I dont want the whole glossy finish and thats all they have. They said there going to get the carbon fiber one soon so I might be interested in that one since I got the black smart cover.
    iPad 2 64GB 3G Black,
    iPad 1 64GB 3G,
    iPhone 4 32GB Black,
    iPod 3rd Gen. 32 GB White.

Links