Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Lack of iPad Accessories?

This is a discussion on Lack of iPad Accessories? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I have been looking at the available accessories on web sites. I noticed that most of that available is attempts to make other devices like ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times

Thumbs down Lack of iPad Accessories?

I have been looking at the available accessories on web sites. I noticed that most of that available is attempts to make other devices like netbook bags, chargers that only put out 5w, etc. Other than Apple, the amount of good devices is actually limited. What I was looking for was a car charger in white, but the only ones that are known to work, are in black. iPhone cables are supposedly different from iPad cables, so I do not have a lot of confidence in most of the ones available. What is really fustrating is an inability to get a case like I want. The one I really wanted was available from Amazon for a very short time, and now is backordered to mid May. My #2 choice is still unavailable. I wonder if the issue is just the sheer number of iPads that is keeping these items from getting out to large scale vendors. It may be a long time before we see what we need at Wal-Mart, Amazon, and others.

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    I think your right. We are quite sometime from being able to hit the local Walmart or Target store to see what's new. The fire is still to hot on the crest of the wave right now...most 3rd party vendors find post production sales quickly feasible by credit card and digital store front. Can't wait to see a bigger selection of adapters,cables etc at a local retailer.

For the record, I'm up to 4 cases, predicated on need for the day or activity. I'm cool with that for now.
    iPhotograph... <APRIL 3RD OWNER> Big Karma & Be Ez

iPad Addict
    Member #

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    I have been looking at the available accessories on web sites. I noticed that most of that available is attempts to make other devices like netbook bags, chargers that only put out 5w, etc. Other than Apple, the amount of good devices is actually limited. What I was looking for was a car charger in white, but the only ones that are known to work, are in black. iPhone cables are supposedly different from iPad cables, so I do not have a lot of confidence in most of the ones available. What is really fustrating is an inability to get a case like I want. The one I really wanted was available from Amazon for a very short time, and now is backordered to mid May. My #2 choice is still unavailable. I wonder if the issue is just the sheer number of iPads that is keeping these items from getting out to large scale vendors. It may be a long time before we see what we need at Wal-Mart, Amazon, and others.
    Hi SeaDog, yet we have more than 20 products all are 100% dedicated to the iPad, we have not launch most of them in the market for the really simple reasons is we want to give the best experience to out customer ..

we will not do like some selling the products saying is one year warranty if it don’t fit well just return it to us (but don’t say delivery charge is at your own), i prefer to took little more time and be sure of what we sell …

that’s our way to work …

the second reasons is as you say most of products yet in the market is not especially made for the iPad like netbook bag, iPhone cable (witch by the way are not exactly the same), this include car and home charger …

but be patient it will not be so long as you think, all serious company are waiting like us for launch their products

PS: i know is pain especially because all my friends want some of my products like: bag ,cover,car and home charger, car headrest support, window clamps, stand … as they see it or my office or in my car

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    when i first got the unit i had order through the companys the products i saw that they have ..i made a few phone calls and did the ordering over the phone on the accessories i wanted ..

the problem is a lot of companys are trying to turn units that where not really design for the ipad out for sale in the market place ..that where the problem is ..

i just got my kensington sling bag this week ..before i was useing a regular sling bag and a padded sleeve case desgin for a mini netbook unit to carry the unit around .i still useing the padded sleeve inside the slingbag for i like the double up system to protect the unit ..

plus a lot of the accessories i bought where saight from the apple store .so i know they would work ..

but i kept it real simple with the accessories items
    -x-hardrubber back cover
    -x-apple dock for connecting to the computer unit ..
    -x-sleeve unit
    -x-screen cleaning cloth
    -x-ear phone unit
    -x-sling bag
    that about it for the access items

i spent more money on applications than anything i really bought for i really went hog wild on the applications for the ipad and the iphone that where a lot of the money went for the unit beside the price of the unit ..
    Last edited by henry2; 05-03-2010 at 02:52 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I know where the problem is, but considering how long some companies had to produce products, it seems that they could have done a better job. My main point is that most products out there are rehashed existing components that were not made specifically for iPad, or the manufacturers have been slow about ramping up their production. The hard cases and sleeves are probably an exception to this, but I have not paid that much attention to them to be sure.

IpadOne, this is not a criticism of your products or availability. My thoughts are about the outfits that have inside information which gives some manufacturers a head start on the competition. And U.S. companies have easier access to iPads for testing.
    Last edited by Seadog; 05-03-2010 at 10:48 AM.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Hello All,

Seidio is developing accessories for the Apple iPad with new selection arriving all the time! Please visit the product page to browse:

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

If you don't see anything you like, you can also make a suggestion by clicking on the "feedback" button to the left of the page to let us know!

Regards,

iPad Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    I know where the problem is, but considering how long some companies had to produce products, it seems that they could have done a better job. My main point is that most products out there are rehashed existing components that were not made specifically for iPad, or the manufacturers have been slow about ramping up their production. The hard cases and sleeves are probably an exception to this, but I have not paid that much attention to them to be sure.

IpadOne, this is not a criticism of your products or availability. My thoughts are about the outfits that have inside information which gives some manufacturers a head start on the competition. And U.S. companies have easier access to iPads for testing.
    You have to take under account that Apple's secrecy clauses don't leave manufacturers much time to invent something. Only the bigger, richest and faster companies can deliver something fast.

I would have liked producing cases for the iPad. I have to wait for my own iPad just to take accurate profiles of the device(end of may). That's two months more before I can deliver anything of quality.
    Not white, not black just passionate shades of grey...

Yuno Wataï Minh

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    I work for a company that produces mobile computers and printers. We typically outsource all accessories mainly because others can make them for less cost than we can.

I'd rather wait 2-3 months for quality accessories than get a bunch of junk right away. I can make do with the available offerings for the time being - the iPad just hasn't been on the market long enough for the accessory market to catch up to it. And there was the potential - small, but there - that iPad wouldn't be as wildly successful as it seems to have become. So there are likely a number of manufacturers who took the "wait and see" approach, and I think we'll see a lot of stuff in Q3-Q4 this year. My two cents...

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    I like the iPad case that sprint is giving out for free when you get a overdrive 4g from them. I think its worth the 2 year commitment. Hahah. I have a wifi only but want constant Internet access. I just couldn't justify paying AT&T more money after I had the iPhone and left it all behind because their service sucked in NYC at the time. It would be very hypercritical.
    Proud owner of a 32gb iPad
    Owned iPhone 3G
    Owned iPhone 3GS

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    The was a report that the case shown was not the case offered. I do not know for certain, tho.

This lack of nice accessories is one of the reasons I rarely get a new item. Especially one as unique as this. But it also shows the subtle appeal of the iPad.

Links