Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Screen protector

This is a discussion on Screen protector within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by RudyL90 Last week I purchased a iPad 2 screenprotector on eBay. Today I found it in my mailbox. I have tried to ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    DQ
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyL90
    Last week I purchased a iPad 2 screenprotector on eBay. Today I found it in my mailbox. I have tried to place the protector on the screen several times, but it seems impossible to do this without creating air bubbles. Is someone familiar with this problem? How to avoid these air bubbles?

Can anyone tell me where to get a GOOD screen protector, which doesn't have this problem when putting it on the screen?
    Screen protectors can be put on flawlessly if you start at the top and use a credit card to smooth the surface as it unrolls the protective film. You have to take it slow and work from the center, but it will produce perfect results. Make sure you clean the screen with a magnetic wipe to remove small particles. Should you get a bubble, it can be smoothed over by repeated swipes until it hits the edge and smoothest out. I put them on my iPads the second I opened the box and the screens are perfectly protected.

2. Ads

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DontUnderstandMyIpad View Post

True, but haven't you looked at the image in the first post?

Those bubbles won't go away by itself.
    just looked at the picture now. He didn't do something right

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybones

just looked at the picture now. He didn't do something right
    I messed up, I know. I should have searched for information how to attach it, but I did not and failed.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyL90 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybones
    I install zagg on all my electronic devices and always have a few bubbles on my screen after installation. They go away after a few days.
    They just dissappear?

Just go to best buy they can install them for you instead of wasting money on a bunch of protectors.
    I agree ! I ruined the first one and went back to Best Buy - they installed it in minutes without any bubbles for $19.99.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Well, I succesfully installed a screenprotector on my iPad 2 screen. No air bubbles.
    Just one problem, fingerprints and smudges are still there.
    Is there a screenprotector that stays clean?

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's not an easy task sometimes to install a screen protector. Those YouTube videos help, but it doesn't work out the same way I wanted to. I kind of rub it out using the squeegee provided in the package.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by farmboy
    It's not an easy task sometimes to install a screen protector. Those YouTube videos help, but it doesn't work out the same way I wanted to. I kind of rub it out using the squeegee provided in the package.
    I already succeded in installing one. I installed it in a with steam filled bathroom, worked great.
    Only problem still is that this cheap one does not prevent smudges or fingerprints to appear.
    Does anyone know a good screenprotector that stays clean?

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Hello...I have ipad and the screen of the device get scratches and it looks bad, so i am here looking for screen protector.

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyL90 View Post
    Only problem still is that this cheap one does not prevent smudges or fingerprints to appear. Does anyone know a good screenprotector that stays clean?
    It depends on the type of screen protector you're using. I have installed and used both glossy and matte screen protectors on iPad -- and the glossy ones tend to retain fingerprints and oily smudges a lot more than a matte surface. (In fact, I can't find fingerprints and smudges on it at all.)

Also, the screen protector I have is a rigid sheet and does *not* use an adhesive or bonding agent, so it was quite easy to install - I could peel it off and retry as many times as I needed to seat it right over the screen. (It wasn't one of those "once it's on, it's stuck on for good" sheets.)
    32GB WiFi

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tzimisce

It depends on the type of screen protector you're using. I have installed and used both glossy and matte screen protectors on iPad -- and the glossy ones tend to retain fingerprints and oily smudges a lot more than a matte surface. (In fact, I can't find fingerprints and smudges on it at all.)

Also, the screen protector I have is a rigid sheet and does *not* use an adhesive or bonding agent, so it was quite easy to install - I could peel it off and retry as many times as I needed to seat it right over the screen. (It wasn't one of those "once it's on, it's stuck on for good" sheets.)
    So I should buy a rigid matte one. Do you know where I could order such a screenprotector?

Links