Just wanted to share my latest project:
When I learned that the iPad 2 utilized embedded magnets for the “magical” smart covers I knew that I wanted to re-engineer the original Duct Tape Folio into a more elegant and refined design.
Although the original iPad Duct Tape Folio worked well it did have a few negatives:
• I based the core out of posterboard (mostly because that’s what I had lying around the house) which worked okay but it was a little too flexible and the duct tape showed off every little dent or crease.
• I never really liked the elastic corners for securing the iPad, they worked well but looked kind of cheesy.
• It lacked a built in stand or prop for easier typing, watching, etc.
Keeping all of the above in mind, here’s the list of features for the new Duct Tape Folio for iPad 2:
• Integrated sleep/wake function
• Easy magnetic insert and removal
• Built in prop/stand
• Durable plywood core
• Stylish magnetic clasp
A short video and more images can be found here.