Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Ipad 2 cases

This is a discussion on Ipad 2 cases within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; When you get through reading on the nice info here check out this link: iPad 2 Smart Cover Is Light & Airy, But Beware Greasy ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ipad 2 cases

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    When you get through reading on the nice info here check out this link:

iPad 2 Smart Cover Is Light & Airy, But Beware Greasy Streaks [In-Depth Review] | Cult of Mac

2. Ads

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Well I was at best buy today and I saw a smart cover that had an open box so i got it for 20$ I would've never gotten it had it not been on sale.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blessed View Post
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my smart cover THAT'S why I'm having such difficulty finding a case that's compatible with it. I want something Sleek and Chic!! I love the Dodo books. However, I received a response from a forum member who stated that might not be in my best interest to make that purchase mainly due to it's like of protection. So in the meantime, I went to Brookstone and purchased what looks JUST LIKE a "dayrunner" (remember those calendar/planners?) to temporarily keep my iPad safe. My ideal case would be:

COMPATIBLE with the smart cover
    Encased in a "binder/book"
    camera slots

Anyone know if this one exists???
    Have you checked out Protenza, Pad and Quill and Treegloo? Very nice!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    nickb67 likes this.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by duc996 View Post
    As far as I know it hasn't shipped yet

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blessed
    My ideal case would be:

COMPATIBLE with the smart cover
    Encased in a "binder/book"
    camera slots

Anyone know if this one exists???
    There are a couple already out there, and as a very satisfied owner, I'd recommend Treegloo. Key features include: magnetic activation comes standard on all iPad 2 cases; camera port optional; have the most versatile customization options available, including having your own photos/pictures on inner liner; they have also made a number of design and material improvements with their Series 2 cases recently.

As for the other vendors, these were my reasons I ruled them out:

Portenzo -- has been having delivery problems recently, but also the only vendor actually offering genuine leather (cowhide and other exotics like stingray, etc) if that's what strikes your fancy. I emailed them with questions and no response, which nudged me to Treegloo. They were a close second choice.

Pad and Quill -- the only case so far which comes with stylus holder; but their material is 'bonded leather' which is a type of low-cost quasi-synthetic leather, which to me is inferior to the vinyl cover material used on Treegloo.

DodoCase -- probably best known brand, but also notoriously plagued with durability problems with frame and rubber pads (Google ’iPad falls out DodoCase' for YouTube videos) for months now; and their iPad 2 case has no rear camera port (epic design fail).
    32GB WiFi

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter61 View Post
    When you get through reading on the nice info here check out this link:

iPad 2 Smart Cover Is Light & Airy, But Beware Greasy Streaks [In-Depth Review] | Cult of Mac
    Thanks for posting this link. I'm very meticulous with my iPad and screen and, so far, haven't noticed any streaking issues related to my use of the smart cover. I've always used a microfiber cloth on the screen, daily, and use a stylus instead of my finger to reduce oil residue on the screen. This seems to work for me, however after seeing the video I will pay more attention to the inside of my smart cover as well. I'll probably clean that as well.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mklooster View Post
    Well I was at best buy today and I saw a smart cover that had an open box so i got it for 20$ I would've never gotten it had it not been on sale.
    You did well! I would have jumped on that too! I already have the green smart cover but at that price I wouldn't mind having a second, different color of course, cover

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I am seriously considering Waterfield Designs IPad2 case. It has optional shoulder strap and accessory pouch. SFBags - WaterField Designs - iPad Ultimate SleeveCase - iPad Sleeve - iPad 2 with Smart Cover - TSA Checkpoint Friendly
    Anyone tried this case yet?
    The road to enlightenment is long and difficult ~
    bring snacks and your IPad 2

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    I have the Targus VHS ape which I love. Very protective and great viewing angles. I have been looking into the zaggmate for the iPad 2 once it is launched. It looks really sweet.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    I got one of these from the UK Apple Store - it's awesome and saves me having to carry around a separate stand

Origami Sleeve for iPad : Products By Incase

Links