Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Ipad 2 cases

This is a discussion on Ipad 2 cases within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Got my Switcheasy CANVAS today, ordered on Thursday. Very nice product. Stinks when you take it out of the box. Sleep function works perfect. Closing ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ipad 2 cases

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Got my Switcheasy CANVAS today, ordered on Thursday. Very nice product. Stinks when you take it out of the box. Sleep function works perfect. Closing tab is kind of stiff at first, then gets alot easier. Overall I'm very pleased.

2. Ads

iPad Noob!
    Member #

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mklooster View Post
    Starting a thread to get an idea of what third party cases are out there. Please tell me what kind of case you got, why you got it and if you could please post a link to the website. I am looking for a case that acts like a smart cover and protects the back with multiple angles of viewing. I am looking at the targus 360 degree case but I'm not too keen on the looks so some other options would be great. Thanks in advance.
    This is a great case. Fits perfectly, has the sleep feature and is way less than a case that seemed identical at Best Buy (Best Buy wanted $60, this one is only $30).

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WKQV2A]Amazon.com: iBattery (TM) iPad 2 Leather Case Folio iPad2 Case with 3-in-1 Stand. Luxury case at a discount price! For iPad 2 (2nd generation) tablet (black): Electronics[/ame]

Hope this helps!

iPad Fan
    Member #
    An STM jacket bag for iPad2 just arrived. It's just what I needed. Will give great protection when going for place to place, has three pockets, handle and strap. I use the smart cover and have a Gelaskin so didn't need a folio but something to carry it in - this will fill the bill. It's offered on eBay by eBags for less than they list it on their site.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
    He's a Matipoo

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by NAYo2002
    Nice review! Thanks

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncaissie View Post
    104? No offense but That is just stupid. It doesn't even look as good as the cases posted in this thread. It looks about as good as the $12 I ordered from eBay.
    Looks aside, I don't think there's even a comparison between a genuine fullhide leather product like Saddleback vs a synthetic product costing a tenth of it. Genuine leather has qualities which make it durable, and it seasons with use and age; synthetic (e.g. fake leather) items run down very quickly, as they cannot resist wear or be maintained the way a genuine leather does.
    32GB WiFi

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Received my malware C.E.O.Case today. I'm torn overs weather I like it or not. First I love the feel of the outside of the case it just enough give to well feels great! It has a thatched design that looks very classy not as shinny as the pictures on the web but just enough. It has a hard shell inner and then a soft fabric. Edges are protected by the corner snap in's. it does not add very much thickness to the IPAD and I feel very confident that"ll protect from drops. Access to all ports and switches are fine not perfect but acceptable. The speaker has ample holes to allow clear sound its, not perfect alignment but it" s o.k. The smart feature works great!. In portrait mode there is a hand strap which allows you to safely hold the IPAD tapping around with one hand as the hand strap carries the load. It works better than I expected I love this feature as I spend a lot of time reading. The three position grooves work as any other I can type but if you tap on the very top of the screen it will slide out of the groove, just like any other. When in full typing angle the case does gives due to the flap folded underneath but not really noticeable. When you close the case there are three friction clips two on the upper corner which cover the power and volume and one near the bottom right corner. These hold the flap down but they are not long enough to tightly close the flap. They do not fit perfect however the flap is secure and does not flap open on it's own. I've heard reports on other cases were too tight and could damage the IPAD. Time will tell if after it breaks in and becomes too loose. Over all I like the case it's just that the minor details and I mean they are minor kinda bug me. My son says I'm nut case (pun play on words) and the apple smart case was fine! All-In-all I prefer this over the my leather smart case or any other best buy case out there. So because it feels so good to carry, gives great protection yet thin, has great features and is light and usable for my needs I will guess i''ll keep this case.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    I will be buying the Yoobao recommended on the Youtube review roundup linked a few posts ago.

Looks like PYRUS is rebranding the Yoobao.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pyrus-Electronics-Genuine-Leather-generation/dp/B004RBT9XW/ref=pd_cp_e_1]Amazon.com: Pyrus Electronics (TM) Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 (latest generation) (Black): Electronics[/ame]

I'll report back when I get it with a few photos.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Does the switcheasy canvas case stand up in a portrait position? If so, can anybody take photos of this? Does it fall over when you touch it? Thanks

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    My husband was given a case, as were others, while waiting in line at the Apple store for my ipad2. Didn't get the iPad that day, but got an amazing case that let's me work on my lap and read in bed! Thanks, Targus, you rock! Also, it is very protective without covering the face of the ipad2. It sits in a snap in plastic frame and closes with a thick elastic band.
    Last edited by Kcteacher; 04-18-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Added words

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I got my Marware CEO Hybrid today, and so far I really like it! It seems to offer good protection, and is built well. Time will tell how it holds up!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Links