Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Best iPad 2 case with keyboard

This is a discussion on Best iPad 2 case with keyboard within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Does the Zaggmate work with the ipad 2 or just the original version? That Crux360 is pretty sweet looking, but $150??? Isn't there anywhere to ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Does the Zaggmate work with the ipad 2 or just the original version?

That Crux360 is pretty sweet looking, but $150??? Isn't there anywhere to buy it cheaper?
    Last edited by GAMESHARQ; 05-14-2011 at 08:50 AM.

2. Ads

iPad Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMESHARQ
    Does the Zaggmate work with the ipad 2 or just the original version?
    The zaggmate for ipad 1 works with the iPad 1 and the zaggmate for iPad 2 works with the iPad 2. Though technically the keyboard connects via Bluetooth, so you could place either iPad on the zaggmate to type, but only the correct iPad will actually fit inside the zaggmate and hold tight durijg transportation.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Yeah, a friend of mine has a zaggmate and loves it. The crux360 looks amazing though. If I could afford the Crux I would definitely pick it based on sleekness.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Zaggmate keyboard/case for iPad 2 is out and I am typing this on mine. LOVE IT. Types easily and protects my iPad 2 very well. They do have a Zaggmate for the original iPad, also.
    iPhone 4, iMac, iPad 2 WiFi, Zaggmate keyboard case, Jambox by Jawbone, Apple Camera Connection kit, Apple Magic Mouse, Apple wireless keyboard, Apple Airport Express

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I thought the Zaggmate was available at Best Buy but not in Canada, I guess. I'd rather buy at a store than online, but that's my next option. Does anyone know where I can get one of these at a store in Canada?

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
    I thought the Zaggmate was available at Best Buy but not in Canada, I guess. I'd rather buy at a store than online, but that's my next option. Does anyone know where I can get one of these at a store in Canada?
    On the Zagg mate review thread there is an employee of Zagg, screen name Zagg, that posts regularly in it and they could probably help a ton with the timing of them showing up in stores in Canada. They have been a tremendous help to posters from all over the world asking questions.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

iPad Noob!
    Member #

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by bettafan View Post
    Zaggmate keyboard/case for iPad 2 is out and I am typing this on mine. LOVE IT. Types easily and protects my iPad 2 very well. They do have a Zaggmate for the original iPad, also.
    As I said earlier, I personally found my iPad2 case to be QUITE tight compared to the first one, and have real difficulty getting the iPad out, especially since all I can use is my fingernails -- is it very tight on yours, or only enough to keep the iPad in? And for anyone questioning the need for a keyboard -- the beauty of the Zagg is that it's a great, protective case (for the iPad1 anyhow) AND has the added bonus of letting you type long emails when you need to. I don't want a laptop, but I DO want to be able to respond to emails (at length if necessary), which is a PAIN on the on-screen keyboard.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Size of the keyboard - what do you think? I have a netbook and hate it because of the smaller keyboard. I looked at the Logitech/Zaggmate keyboard and it looks small but can't find any information as to how much smaller than a full size. I understand the Apple wireless keyboard is full size.
    I was all set to buy the Logitech/Zaggmate Saturday and now am rethinking this.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by zipur View Post
    This is my last c.e.o. Post as I spend way to much time defending this case . In short I thinks it's the best balance between weight thinness and protection. It is much lighter and almost any other comparable case. Lots of features and looks wonderful. I am perplexed that you think it is too heavy? It's not perfect but it'll beat anything at BB ot the apple store.
    Fair enough... to be honest I've never seen a CEO case in the flesh. I love how it looks and all its features but I have been thinking of steering away from any case of that type because they all seem to weigh a third as much as the iPad 2. Part of me feels that there's little point in spending a lot of money on something that's small and light, only to put a case on it that makes it heavier and (a bit) bigger.

So I was going to go with just a Smart Cover, a Best Skins Ever rear skin and a Waterfield case to hold the iPad, bluetooth keyboard and other bits & bobs.

Your post however has made be reconsider. Again. (I seem to be going round in circles with this!!) I love the idea of a stand that'll work on surfaces that aren't completely stable, like my lap (the smart cover needs a flat surface) and the hand strap.

I know you said no more posts on this subject so I don't mind if you don't answer this, but do you read on your iPad? I read quite a lot on my iPad 1 which my girlfriend will get sole use of soon, so that is the only reason I'm concerned about weight as this is the one situation where a few hundred grams can make a big difference.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Will it be good for you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds29uiN4b-4]YouTube - IMP38B un-box[/ame]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links