Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

No fine pointed styluses?

This is a discussion on No fine pointed styluses? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I also would love to see a fine tipped one, would make drawing and or writing a whole lot easier, granted the programs for drawing ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I also would love to see a fine tipped one, would make drawing and or writing a whole lot easier, granted the programs for drawing have line thickness, but a fine tip stylus would just be easier IMO.
    Ipod 32 GB

Not everyone has to agree with your point of views, but at some point they need to accept Them!

2. Ads

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I have a BoxWave stylus and my wife just got the A case stylus. Both look the same just that hers is a black and
    mines is crimson red. I would have liked a fine tip one but I couldn't find any. So for now I'm happy with my stylus.
    I'm a proud F.A.R.M member. You can't choose F.A.R.M. F.A.R.M chooses you!

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well honestly the video post above is the only way to make a fine tip stylus however the one I made is more fine tipped than another and feels like your writing with a pen. I'm working on getting more parts now to make a prototype that is actually sellable.

I'm also looking for a few people to test out my end product. Depending on cost I would hopefully be able to provide these people with the prototype for free, maybe jus shipping. Anybody want to be apart? Moderators?

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I think that is a great idea, and we all wish you the best of luck! That would be awesome!
    Ipod 32 GB

Not everyone has to agree with your point of views, but at some point they need to accept Them!

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fmmrz5
    Well honestly the video post above is the only way to make a fine tip stylus however the one I made is more fine tipped than another and feels like your writing with a pen. I'm working on getting more parts now to make a prototype that is actually sellable.

I'm also looking for a few people to test out my end product. Depending on cost I would hopefully be able to provide these people with the prototype for free, maybe jus shipping. Anybody want to be apart? Moderators?
    You mean if I covered shipping, you'd send me a prototype to try out?

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah totally. I'm waiting on some more parts and having trouble finding a supplier for the telescoping shaft and I am a nursing student so it's not my only project but pm me your information and I'll let you know when I'm ready to send it out. We can just use paypal to cover the small shipping cost.

iPad Master!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Based in your proto-type do you think it would survive contact with elementary age school kids (5-10). I've already commented about the custom pen linked above that it (or something like it) would go on my list of out fitting a classroom set of iPads.

The telescoping shaft worries me a bit for elementary school use. The more parts, the more things they can break... I know from experiance.

1.) How good is your advertisement
    2.) How good is your quality
    3.) What's your priece

Those IMO are what will make or break you. If your first out the gate with a quality fine point capacitive stylus (remember not just iPads but android tablets) with good brand name you can try creating brand loyalty.

FYI even at Kindergarten and 1st grade level we have been instructed to stop using the fat pencils in an attempt to improve general handwriting. So yes I'm kind of looking for fine point styluses for kids as young as 5.
    Add 202 to my user number and call me an Airplane.

--iPad 2 64 GB Black WiFi "Dynabook 2011. With know-how and integrity"

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What is e difference btw the I pad and xoom as far as styli go?

I must say that it should withstand abuse but I haven't put it through punish testing or anything

Also I'm working on a better way to make it more of a fine point stylus. Right now it's more about feeling like writing with a pen and the tip is still a bit thick, but it combines the sensitive touch while able to apply pressure

It's hard to describe without giving away too much. A soon as I get some more work done I'll be able to post more and pictures. Still looking for more people for the test run too

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I would like a test model in the UK Please.
    Thanks,
    Peter

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I would love to be a tester...Just let me know

Links