Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Red Leather Smart Cover

This is a discussion on Red Leather Smart Cover within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; My red leather case is cream on the inside. Purchased on amazon. Did I get a knock off? Inside it says designed by apple in ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Xrg
    iPad Noob!
    Member #

Red leather case

My red leather case is cream on the inside. Purchased on amazon. Did I get a knock off?

Inside it says designed by apple in California. Assembled in china

2. Ads

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrg
    My red leather case is cream on the inside. Purchased on amazon. Did I get a knock off?

I have red leather one, red on the inside not cream. Got mine from apple store

Mine say the same thing plus (product) red

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Mine is red on inside but mine was purchased at near launch date...ive never seen the cream inside before but they could have different variants now. Something doesnt seem rightabout that tho

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    I've bought two in the past month, direct from Apple. Both are red on the inside.

Xrg
    iPad Noob!
    Member #

Angry Beware knock-offs on amazon!!

I sent it back. There is no easy way to alert Amazon that there are merchants advertising the leather case and selling imitations! If the merchant refunds my money, then apparently they have not violated any rules of amazon.

That doesn't seem right!

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I sent it back. There is no easy way to alert Amazon that there are merchants advertising the leather case and selling imitations! If the merchant refunds my money, then apparently they have not violated any rules of amazon.

That doesn't seem right!
    How much did you pay for it, if u dont mind me asking

iPad Fan
    Member #
    I personally like it, i think its a nice touch. I use it only when im going somewhere special not an every day use smart cover.
    iPad 2 64GB 3G Black,
    iPad 1 64GB 3G,
    iPhone 4 32GB Black,
    iPod 3rd Gen. 32 GB White.

iPad Noob!
    Member #

Red smart cover and white iPad don't mix

Red cover has stained my iPad. But I have a plastic protector so it has only stained the plastic. It is very stained and ugly. Any ideas about ridding the red stains from the plastic?

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I ordered my red leather smart cover from the Apple store when I ordered my iPad2. (The smart cover is red, front and back.) I've had them for three months now, and the red has never bled on to anything, even on the occasion of a few drops of water falling on to the cover and being wiped up.

I don't understand how the dye is bleeding on to your plastic screen protector unless there was a whole lot of moisture involved, or unless (as others have suspected of covers they have purchased) you've somehow obtained a knock-off.

At any rate, I love the red leather. I expect over time it will get better looking, as leather tends to do.

The smart cover doesn't provide full protection in itself, it is the convenience of its ability to put your iPad to sleep and that it can fold to provide angled support, etc. that makes it desirable.

I use a clear snap-on protector on the back of my iPad and transport it in a Cocoon case (Cocoon NoLita II CNS343 - Cocoon), so it is well protected.

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by debsylvania
    I don't understand how the dye is bleeding on to your plastic screen protector unless there was a whole lot of moisture involved, or unless (as others have suspected of covers they have purchased) you've somehow obtained a knock-off.
    It is entirely possible that the aniline dye used for the smartcover will leach onto a polymer by direct diffusion. The problem lies in the quality of the specific dye used, and I believe Apple sells its leather smartcovers with a small-print warning that the dyes aren't fast. As a longtime leather owner, Apple's leather smartcovers are about low to middle-grade leather, and quite poor value for their cost.
    32GB WiFi

Links