Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Steinheil AF Antiglare shield

This is a discussion on Steinheil AF Antiglare shield within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Just got my Steinheil antiglare sheet in the mail today and took it out to the Apple store for them to install (trust me, I ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Fan!
    Member #

Thumbs up Steinheil AF Antiglare shield

Just got my Steinheil antiglare sheet in the mail today and took it out to the Apple store for them to install (trust me, I suck at putting these things on.)

Not only did they do an awesome job, but they were pretty amazed at the lack of glare, while the colors on screen still popped out. Ive had one of these on my iPhone since day one, so I knew how good the quality would be.

No more having to wipe off fingerprints every other minute, and I'm writing this (quite easily, I must say) on my iPad under what would be considerably harsh lighting on a normal glossy iPad screen. Now I see some indistinct blotches of light, but they aren't bothersome

Pick up a Steinheil AF if you hate glare as much as I do!
    16gb Wifi iPad 2 |16 gb iPhone 4|8 core Mac Pro

2. Ads

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Though I haven't had much use for screen protectors in the past, I haven't had as much screen to protect either.
    Time will tell if the glare becomes an issue for me or not.

Thanks for heads-up.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    got a link?
    When you’ve seen beyond yourself -
    Then you may find peace of mind, is waiting there -
    And the time will come when you see we’re all one,
    And life flows on within you and without you.

there's a God shaped hole in all of us...

iPad Master!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the info-it is temporarily out of stock. I have not decided about a screen cover-I am tired of the finger prints. I have two Weimaraners and have noticed their tiny little hairs have found their way to my Ipad.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jizmo View Post
    got a link?
    Link was already in the original post

iPad Master!
    Member #
    Looks good. I'll probably get it. Does it feel as smooth as the screen without it? Does it look clear?

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlex View Post
    Looks good. I'll probably get it. Does it feel as smooth as the screen without it? Does it look clear?
    It doesn't feel 100% like the glass, but it's pretty close. It's extremely smooth gliding and scrolling - you can kinda feel a little "plasticy" feel under your fingers, but that's really not an issue.

Yes, it's VERY clear, the colors still pop nicely, and I don't notice any kind of color shifts with it on.

iPad Addict
    Member #

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Edlex View Post
    Even we have a top material from japan, i really dislike the film, i have try several film supplier, even 3M (considered as the best) the screen is really not the same. if i have to choose i prefer to clean my screen time to time … maybe is stupid (especially for a supplier) , but i consider is not the most necessary accessory for the iPad

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by IpadOne View Post

Even we have a top material from japan, i really dislike the film, i have try several film supplier, even 3M (considered as the best) the screen is really not the same. if i have to choose i prefer to clean my screen time to time … maybe is stupid (especially for a supplier) , but i consider is not the most necessary accessory for the iPad
    While I bought the shield primarily for the antiglare feature, it certainly does cut down significantly on fingerprints as well.

I would have to say that WITH the shield, you may only have to clean it from "time to time" - without it, you'll be cleaning it every few minutes, and that's no exaggeration. The bare glass is a fingerprint and dust magnet…

iPad Addict
    Member #

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BuayaGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IpadOne View Post

While I bought the shield primarily for the antiglare feature, it certainly does cut down significantly on fingerprints as well.

I would have to say that WITH the shield, you may only have to clean it from "time to time" - without it, you'll be cleaning it every few minutes, and that's no exaggeration. The bare glass is a fingerprint and dust magnet…
    I will not deny some good film can cut the finger print, but you just see the finger print when the device is closed .. so it’s not a big cake (in my eyes).

this is purely a personal opinion, we currently are working on better solution than the film … let see if we find better way

Links