Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Best Bluetooth iPad Keyboard for the iPad 2?

This is a discussion on Best Bluetooth iPad Keyboard for the iPad 2? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I'm starting to see a few of these hit the preorder list, but are there any in particular to keep an eye out for? I've ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned
    Member #

Best Bluetooth iPad Keyboard for the iPad 2?

I'm starting to see a few of these hit the preorder list, but are there any in particular to keep an eye out for?

I've seen this [shill links deleted - DM51]
    Last edited by DM51; 08-06-2011 at 04:31 AM.

2. Ads

iPF Legend
    Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    You might also want to consider a 'folding' Bluetooth keyboard - I have the iGo Stowaway, which is no longer made, but there are several others. Once folded they have a neat faux leather pouch into which the keyboard fits - not much larger than a box of 'kitchen matches'. Very convenient. The problem with some of the larger keyboards - such as the Apple one - is that, while they are probably more robust and potentially nicer to use and have dedicated iPad-specific keys, they are just slightly too large and you end up say 'OK - won't bother to take it with me now' and then you end up really wishing you had taken it with you when your boss 'phones and tells you he needs a couple of pages on your latest project....

Tim
    Scotland

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Preorder for Zaggmate already in. A thread around here has the details on the improvements. Got a Gelaskin to protect the back and will probably get an invisibleshield to protect the bottom of the Zaggmate.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN
    You might also want to consider a 'folding' Bluetooth keyboard - I have the iGo Stowaway, which is no longer made, but there are several others. Once folded they have a neat faux leather pouch into which the keyboard fits - not much larger than a box of 'kitchen matches'. Very convenient. The problem with some of the larger keyboards - such as the Apple one - is that, while they are probably more robust and potentially nicer to use and have dedicated iPad-specific keys, they are just slightly too large and you end up say 'OK - won't bother to take it with me now' and then you end up really wishing you had taken it with you when your boss 'phones and tells you he needs a couple of pages on your latest project....

Tim
    Scotland
    Another great folding one is the Verbatim Mobile Wireless Keyboard. $79 but I'm sure that price will come down quickly. I did an extensive review of it on Amazon and linked it in another thread in the forums here. Great keyboard, a little funny to get accustomed to in the beginning as some keys are smaller than others, but lots of great features. Basically a full-sized keyboard in a small package. Even has TWO "home" keys that works the same way as the "home" button on the iPad. Connects well and is made for iOS devices. What's really cool is it has a little stand that you pull out from the keyboard shell and that stand supports an iPhone or iPod Touch! iPad too heavy, unfortunately. I use it as my "on the go" keyboard and leave my nice Apple wireless keyboard at home (because it doesn't fold up).

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I have the Zaggmate on pre-order, but am second-guessing myself. I will not need the keyboard often but when I do, (e.g., when traveling), I would use the Zaggmate. On the other hand, I'm thinking that maybe the keyboard with the Incase Origami is the way to go. It would give a lot of flexibility, but I'm worried it is too cumbersome. Any advice?

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The stand is my biggest use for my Zagg mate. Laying it on a slight angle via the hinge is fantastic. It makes a very nice looking cover as well.
    When not using the keyboard it's still very useful. Rarely do I just put it to the side and that's only when using the iPad for star gazing or when my toddler and I are playing games.
    I use the keyboard about 50-60% of the time but it gets used as a stand about 99% of the time it's not being used as a keyboard.
    I charged it yesterday just because it had been out of the box for 3 weeks and I hadn't charged it yet and it only took about an hour to charge.
    hope that helps. mine is on an iPad 1

Support Our Troops!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    Sent from my iPad

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikermark View Post
    The stand is my biggest use for my Zagg mate. Laying it on a slight angle via the hinge is fantastic. It makes a very nice looking cover as well.
    Thanks for the suggestion, Mountainbikermark! I hadn't thought about its value as a stand. I am keeping my Zaggmate on order and will see how I like it when it gets here.

Betty

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Right now I'm using the stock keyboard and the Zagg mate as a stand while typing with the iPad on my lap. It does as well using the Zagg keyboard but it's very comfortable sitting beyond my big belly as is and I'm in a place where I can easily set it aside quickly should my toddler daughter(3) decide to do something I need to jump up from the couch and stop. At their age you have about 1.5 seconds to act when they get quiet and .5 seconds when they decide to write on something other than a piece of paper or unlock the front door and run outside right now she is watching Dinasour train but that could change at any moment
    Glad it made you feel more at ease.

Support Our Troops!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    Sent from my iPad

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Sounds as if you have your work cut out for you!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    This is the first time I try my new Apple bluetooth keyboard. So far so good! I also purchased the INCASE Origami keyboard holder and stand to go with it. Kind of pricey but it works very well with the Apple keyboard and provides a nice holder for the keyboard when not in use. I looked at the Ipad 1 Zagmate keyboard and case at Best Buy but decided not to wait for their new model (seemed kind of cheaply made and I didn't like the touch of the keyboard either.) I guess I'll stick with the Apple keyboard. Wonder how long the batteries last?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Links