Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Case for iPad and apple keyboard

This is a discussion on Case for iPad and apple keyboard within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I use a messenger bag by Pelle, works very nice, although I would like to get just a small shell of something to protect the ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I use a messenger bag by Pelle, works very nice, although I would like to get just a small
    shell of something to protect the keys of the BT keyboard, otherwise, it's a dandy carrier;

Got mine from a Wilson leather outlet store in Orlando a few months ago;

Pelle messenger bag

In the photo above, I have the iPad pulled out slightly, when it's in the bag, the iPad
    is even with the top of the bag, the keyboard is a little longer, but it fits and works fine.

G2

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    What's the link to that Amazon el-cheapo bag? I'm quite interested in a cheap neoprene-type bag that could hold charger/cable/headphones/keys in a mini pocket and then a main pocket or two for ipad, keyboard and perhaps a paper magazine.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    I personally couldn't recommend more highly the Case Logic E-Sling in Large. Plenty of compartments in the bag and enough space for the iPad and the keyboard plus loads of extras. I ordered mine from eBay for £8.99 and it's going to be my new work bag once it arrives.

I think it was originally intended for net books but it more an accommodates the iPad and accessories.

Sent from my iPad using the iPF App!

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    here are also a good wireless keyboard for ipad and mac

Mini Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Windows

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Also use the Pelle day bag. The iPad fits perfectly. The Apple Bluetooth keyboard in the Origami work station case is a bit tall for it so the magnets don't make contact but it fits and bag still looks good. Have received some compliments. About $65 including tax at my local Wilsons Leather outlet.
    Early-2011 MacBook Pro 13" i7 | 2011 iPhone 4S 32GB| 2011 iPad 2 64GB 3G| 2012 iPad 3rd Gen 64GB 4G LTE

iPF Noob
    Member #

Cool Another option for keyboard and iPad

This thread was exactly what I was looking for when I signed onto the forum. By looking at all the options suggested, I realized that a carrying bag, and not a hard case, would be the best solution for me. I really liked the Travler's Express and Wallet, but not the price. (do all Apple prducts have to be so expensive?) I found a Roo case, made for the iPad. I will let you know how it is when I receive it.

Thanks everyone! Forums rock!

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Madreliz View Post
    This thread was exactly what I was looking for when I signed onto the forum. By looking at all the options suggested, I realized that a carrying bag, and not a hard case, would be the best solution for me. I really liked the Travler's Express and Wallet, but not the price. (do all Apple prducts have to be so expensive?) I found a Roo case, made for the iPad. I will let you know how it is when I receive it.

Thanks everyone! Forums rock!
    Waterfield Designs (the company that makes the Travel Express and iPad wallet) always makes expensive products, whether designed for Apple products, or not. On the other hand, their products wear like iron and (in my experience) typically last about twice as long as the competition while retaining a "like new" appearance.

No one deserves to be criticized for staying within their budget but Waterfield Design products are not expensive because of markup. They're expensive because they're quality products.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I'm a fan of timbuk2. They are a little pricey but if you do some searching (I scoured google shopping) you can probably find their stuff a lil cheaper. I have the xs messenger back and the plush iPad sleeve from them. The sleeve holds my iPad and mic aluminum keyboard buddy perfectly. It also adds some extra protection. The messenger bag is built to last and it has a million pockets for it's small size. I use it for commuting to and from school. If I carry my iPad then I can fit everything I need for the day in it. The messenger comes in different sizes so you can pick the one that's right for you.

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    As noted on another thread, there is a new folio case that holds both the iPad (gen 1 or gen 2) and the Apple Wireless Keyboard. It's from a company called iSound and is available in black, brown, or red leather.

It's available from B&H Photo ($56) or directly from iSound ($80). I have no affiliation with the company and haven't even seen the case in person, but it looks like it might be an ideal solution for many folks who want to use the AWK with the iPad and carry both in a compact package.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I thought the Pelican i1075 was pretty nice. Did not come out yet though. Will hold the iPad, Apple Keyboard, Charger, and wires.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Links