Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Waterproof case

This is a discussion on Waterproof case within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I just looked at that site again, and there's another model for $80 which looks pretty good. Has most of the functionality by the look ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Waterproof case

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I just looked at that site again, and there's another model for $80 which looks pretty good. Has most of the functionality by the look of it. Worth a look if it's what you need.

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVB
    Presumably if you own a boat, price is no object to you and you might find purchasing a waterproof "case" at between $20 and $100 not unattractive. But frankly if you think out of the box a little, there's a solution you could use -- mount included -- that not only costs pennies, but is amazingly efficient and is something you probably already possess in your home: A full-sized Ziploc freezer bag and some Velcro strips.

Ziploc freezer bags not only offer plenty of room to fit your IPad inside, but, unlike some other cases with internal snaps or locks, installing or removing your device takes only a few seconds; also, the screen is easily viewable inside, facilitates finger manipulation (CAREful...), and the plastic is of sufficient thickness to alleviate casual tearing (remember, these are the freezer bags and not the generic sandwich bags). I use one myself when I take my IPad to my hot tub! I wouldn't recommend submersing it but for anything short of a fire hose blast of water, it laughs at all drips and drops.

As for the Velcro, just obtain two sets of matching 3" strips, place one set on your hopefully angled boat dashboard, on any other convenient surface, and the matching set on the bag and voila! There's your mount!

Here's somebody else's pic I just found on the internet of one in use for this purpose (although I turn mine 45 degrees). Hell, there's still room for a half-dozen Oreo cookies!!

Pretty cool...I have a zip lock in my golf bag in case of sudden rainstorm on the golf course, but had not realized that the iPad touch screen works through the plastic! Thanks!
    John Hanley
    Houston, TX
    iPad 2 user since 4-7-2011

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I use a zip lock. Perfect landscape width match. I have to collect data in a wet environment once in a while. Beats a paper pad getting all wet. I use a spread sheet in Numbers and move to Excel for heavy number crunching and then to Minitab for statistical analysis.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig / using iPF

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I actually have used a ziplock, but want something to add a little more protection when I am using it outdoors coaching soccer. The macer looks ok but wondering if the cover is the same silicone cover like the idry or aquabox that may be Mfg by the same group.

If so it works great when wet but not so good when dry.

I am #75 preorder for the life proof version for the iPhone and preordered for the iPad too, but given the delays in getting the iPhone version out I am not sure when the iPad case will see the light of day.

Got the griffin survival case for now, but not crazy about the rubber plugs they use to cover the ports, etc. Worry that they will not be closed right as rain starts And bam I am out of luck.

Will consider the Macer.

Dndisibution can you tell us what the cover is made of?

Thanks

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dnoiseux
    The material of the cover (transparent film) is ATBC, it is environment friendly material and high transparency. So the material of the transparent film is not silicone.

Dan
    www.ipad-waterproof-case.com
    Do you mean PVC containing the ATBC plasticizer?

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig / using iPF

iPF Novice
    Member #
    There are many possiblilties for this but the best solution I found is one offered by Moxiware which provides a good ipad waterproof case that you can mount pretty much anywhere you want. I mounted mine on a rail. The mount is compatible with ram mounts so if you already have these you can just buy the case.

Here is the link to the case I bought.
    Moxiware

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

One more waterproof case

Another quite nice Waterproof case to consider.

high quality, Vacuum-sealed to give 100% waterproof protection while still keeping full functionality.

I guess you will have to get a bit creative with mounting this one, still miles away from a zip lock though.

Here is a full review:
    http://www.tablet2cases.com/reviews/...f-tablet-case/

Any thoughts?

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Hi,

i'm also use my iPad as chartplotter, i'm using the WaterGuard case for several months

iPad waterproof case (Trendy Digital) test-2

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Some more options from the Joy Factory, they kinda look nice, not sure about their functionality though, i bought one to write a review about, anyone has one?

Products | The Joy Factory

iPF Noob
    Member #

Lifedge

There is a new case due to be launched which looks pretty good for the sailing market. It is waterproof and shockproof!

Seems there is some mounting options available, similar to the Ram mount. Its called Lifedge, but they only have a holding page at the moment which you have to sign up for!

Links