Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

iPad and travel external HD

This is a discussion on iPad and travel external HD within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by iVan This drive might be as interesting to you as it is to me. HyperDrive Unfortunately it's not available yet...But the ones ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan
    This drive might be as interesting to you as it is to me.

HyperDrive

Unfortunately it's not available yet...But the ones with a screen and card slots are.
    Now, that's very nice!

2. Ads

iPad Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    There's one thing nagging me though. How come these guys have managed to make the iPad see the drive and no one has in almost a year? Is what they say it can do legitimate? Does it need an app to run?...
    Not white, not black just passionate shades of grey...

Yuno Wataï Minh

iPF Novice
    Member #
    By coincidence I just purchased a 250 Gig HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA from Amazon.com to do exactly the same thing you suggest. There's a special 120 Gig version design specifically to transfer photos to your iPad. I have scheduled a 9 day Green Tortoise bus tour of the Canyons of the West for July. The hyperdrive is the fastest backup device on the market, is rechargeable & will allow you to copy the full 250 Gigs on a single charge. It has the two most common memory card readers onboard. Another alternative I have coming in an Eye-Fi memory card with built-in wi-fi that uploads your photos to your computer or online storage site when you are within range of a wi-fi hotspot, ie, Starbucks, McDonalds, any motel, etc.
    Last edited by bobmielke; 03-24-2011 at 08:30 PM.
    Bob

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    There's one thing nagging me though. How come these guys have managed to make the iPad see the drive and no one has in almost a year? Is what they say it can do legitimate? Does it need an app to run?...
    Yea I agree with you there, makes no sense

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by doogle510 View Post
    Yea I agree with you there, makes no sense
    Hey, there are free phone apps now (Whistle) and a GPS unit that plugs into the iPad. There's an Eye-Fi SD memory card with a built in wi-fi network transmitter that uploads a camera's photos to your computer or online storage site. Stuff has come a long way to a point where you have to start questioning the need for a laptop anymore.
    Last edited by bobmielke; 03-25-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    Bob

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    ...or, just buy more memory cards, they are the cheapest storage. We dumped 4500 pics ( mostly 8 to 15 MP jpg's ) on our 32 last year. Along with a few movies and a bunch of books. No prob. In fact still have the images on the cards. Plus if you are vacationing in civilization, you can always get them burned to a disc at a Walgreens!

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Hi why don't you use an online back up service like dropbox iDisk or even piccassa to upload your pictures on to. That's what I do when I'm away. From my dslr to my iPad keep some that I like on the iPad and upload the rest to dropbox and then when I get home they are automatically synced to my desktop.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    What type of phone do you have? It turns out I already have a solution for myself and I didn't even realize it

I have a Nokia N8 phone. It has USB host capabilities. I can connect USB hubs, thumb drives, card reader or an external HD with included cables.

Links