Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Which iPad Case Do You Have? Rate It Out Of 10!

This is a discussion on Which iPad Case Do You Have? Rate It Out Of 10! within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I have the chinao case. Same size as apple case but way sturdier. It works wonders. 10...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Which iPad Case Do You Have? Rate It Out Of 10!

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    I have the chinao case. Same size as apple case but way sturdier. It works wonders. 10

2. Ads

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky

I will say that I was concerned about the "build quality" of the ZaggMate at first, but it hasn't been an issue for me. I was worried that the foam going around the inside of the case would come off or end up tearing, but I have not had a single issue.

It sure does sound like there a quite a few defective units from the factory, but it you manage to get a good one, it does work great. It is by far my most-used iPad accessory and it has held up well (again, other than the little rubber feet, which almost appear to be an after-thought).

I'd be interested to hear what the poster meant by "literally falling apart"...
    Foam detaching from the edges. Which is pretty fundamental to function. Surplus glue oozing onto iPad edge, gap starting to appear between the front edge of the keyboard and the case itself. Don't get me wrong, I think it is an excellent concept and Zagg are good at customer service. But I have gone back to my original iPad case and I use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard for high text input rather than persevere with the Zagg.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas

Yeah, I definitely think the iPad 2's new cover is more about aesthetic than durability. Sometimes, you can take "simplicity" a little too far.
    I totally agree!! It looks half finished in the pics.

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I use the Hard Candy Streetskin. Wife uses the apple case. I like the Hard Candy as it protects well, and easy to keep clean. I usually keep the screen protector off.

2 - 16GB WiFi iPads
    32GB iPad Mini

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Interesting look...Kind of like an Otterbox'ish style. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 x iPhone 4
    1 x 32 GB iPad 3 w/4G LTE

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Using the Speck Candyshell.

9/10

Case is great, fits like it's Apple OEM. not bulky, easy access to ports and connectors, with a design to allow easy docking without removing the case. While it doesnt cover the screen part (I simply applied a screen protector on that side). Soft rubber on the inside with a hard outer shell. Absorbs drops and bumps nicely.

The only shortfall is that it doesn't have a built-in stand/prop.
    iPad Air | iPhone 5 | 13" MacBook Air | 15" MacBook Pro Retina | 27" iMac | MacPro | Apple TV 3

Retired: iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad Mini (1st Gen), iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 13" MacBook Pro, 17" MacBook Pro, Apple TV 2

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    In all honesty it's got that piano glossy finish and it does succumb to scratches and scuffs. Something has gotta give I guess. I've had my case on for 6 months and it's looking a little worn on the back side.. But that just let's people know I put mine to use.

So yes, cosmetically it may not look as 'new' as the first few days but it does protect the product as advertised. That's good enough for me.
    iPad Air | iPhone 5 | 13" MacBook Air | 15" MacBook Pro Retina | 27" iMac | MacPro | Apple TV 3

Retired: iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad Mini (1st Gen), iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 13" MacBook Pro, 17" MacBook Pro, Apple TV 2

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Jack Spade canvas folio:
    Jack Spade Folio for iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)

Definitely a 10!

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tzimisce
    I have both an Oberon Design "Roof of Heaven" leather case (http://www.oberondesign.com) and a customized Treegloo Moleskine-style case (http://www.treegloo.com):
    Just received a new 'second generation' Treegloo Moleskine-style case a few days ago. They've made a number of design improvements to it over their original design which makes it a 12.7 out of 10.
    32GB WiFi

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Brookstone, case and keyboard combo. I've had it since Christmas. I give it 7 out of 10. Functionally the keyboard is fantastic, and the case feels sturdy enought to provide the iPad with cushioning should it fall. However, the reason for a 7 instead of a 10, is that the edges of the case are wearing down. I would have expected the case to go close to a year before something like that would happen.

Links