Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

not supported for ipad

This is a discussion on not supported for ipad within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; i have been facing a big problem, i have bought a keyboard dock for about 1 month only and now every time i plug the ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    iPad Noob!
    Member #

not supported for ipad

i have been facing a big problem, i have bought a keyboard dock for about 1 month only and now every time i plug the the ipad to the dock a msg appear says "This accessory is not supported for ipad" however i am doing the charge and the sync through the dock normally ........ plz help

2. Ads

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Do a full reboot of the iPad.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by deckyon
    Do a full reboot of the iPad.
    what u mean by A full reboot ??? and did u face this problem before becauze i need to get easy as i dont know what to do at all

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hold the Sleep button and Home button down until a Slider shows up on the screen and then move the slider over to turn off the iPad. Then, hold the sleep button again to turn it back on.

haven't had this problem, I don't have a dock w/ keyboard.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    A reboot fixes most problems, let us know if it starts working again.
    Ipod 32 GB

Not everyone has to agree with your point of views, but at some point they need to accept Them!

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    i would try but not now as am not having the dock right now but guys i think i have try do restart before, but i would try the things u said.
    again i am still using the same keyboard for doing charge and sync with the same ipad, however there is another strange thing that the same keyboard which have the problem when i plug my iphone 3g into it is fully functioning. so confused
    additionlly i am not at a place where there is apple store because i got my ipad+keyboard from canada and am so far now
    am trying solve this problem anyway without being having replacement

iPF Legend
    Member #
    Liked
    1523 times
    That was not a full reboot, or whatever. If you use the power off slider you are only turing the iPad off.

To do a soft reset you hold the home and power/sleep buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release. It takes about 10 seconds. The iPad will then restart. The restart will take quite a bit longer than a normal power up. This resets considerably more than the normal power down and is recommended when powering the iPad down does not fix the problem.

Also, to get the power slider to shut the iPad off, you do not need to hold the home button. Holding just the power/sleep button will do the same. Takes about 3 seconds.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I sent him a pm yesterday with those steps, but i guess it didnt work he never responded
    Ipod 32 GB

Not everyone has to agree with your point of views, but at some point they need to accept Them!

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by David79 View Post
    I sent him a pm yesterday with those steps, but i guess it didnt work he never responded
    He probably doesn't have Internet access right now if he's currently in Egypt

Links