Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

iPad clothing ?

This is a discussion on iPad clothing ? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Somewhere recently, I saw a jacket that had an inside pocket made specifically for an iPad. Does anybody know where I can find it?...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPad clothing ?

iPad Fan!
    Member #

iPad clothing ?

Somewhere recently, I saw a jacket that had an inside pocket made specifically for an iPad. Does anybody know where I can find it?

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Google is your friend.

SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Designed to Carry the iPad - Best iPad Accessory - Carry iPad in Style - Cool iPad Case

That the one?

Surprised it's not called iJacket, lol

S.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I have personally owned several ScottEVest products and they are well made and designed. Just got a new Scott Revolution Plus jacket after my previous one wore out after many years of travel. While the big inside pocket wasn't initially intended for an IPad or Tablet, it easily fits one. I carry my IPad in there all the time and when I bring it out folks are amazed I had in there. The ultimate urban disguise when you don't have to carry any external bag.

ScottEVest owner Scott Jordan touts his jackets as the the "third" carry on bag and he ain't kidding. My jacket alone can weigh 10+ pounds with all the gear I carry in the 20+ pockets. Fom headphones, snacks and an IPad, you won't go wrong with one of these jackets. I also wear their pants when traveling.

Watch for their daily sales where they offer 20% off or more on one item. I got my latest jacket during a 30% sale. If you join their Facebook page you will see sales notices.

R,
    A Cheng
    Last edited by TXCheng; 01-06-2011 at 12:26 AM.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    This sounds like a great idea and a brilliant way to prevent getting erm... mugged. But surely it's incredibly uncomfortable having a slab of metal resting against your chest? Good body armour but not so great for portability?

If what you say is true TX, I might have to invest in one of these! Anyone got any further input on it?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    How comfortable is it when sitting in a car or any other seat? Seems like it would get bunched up and the iPad would press against your ribs.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    You are right that the IPad does get bunched up a bit when you are buckled into a seatbelt, butI just adjust it around of pull it out when driving. When I board a plane I take it out and put it in the seat pocket. But really, people can't tell I have one on me until I pull it out. In any case, when I started buying the ScottEVest jackets years ago before the IPad, I was using these jackets to carry a lot of other things. Being able to carry an IPad like it can is a major bonus. I appreciate the jackets even more now.

R,
    A. Cheng

iPad Master!
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Great thread! This gives me ideas.

I went to ScottEVest's website, and lo and behold, there was a pic of Steve Wozniak, sporting a ScottEVest with an ipad poking out of one it's pockets!

Good enough for Woz.. Good enough for me!
    iPad wifi + 3G w/Clear 4G iSpot
    iPad 2 wifi black w/Tan Smart Cover
    Next up.. iPhone 5!

Mac user.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    I've got several ScottEVest products. Being a Type 1 diabetic it gives me all sorts of pockets to carry my supplies I need. Now I have the iPad, I have someplace to carry that also. The design of the products does distribute the weight quite well.

Links