I received an iPad for Christmas and have been searching for a case. here are my criteria:
- Padded leather, preferably smooth (gotta be stylish and feel nice in the hand)
- Stand capabilities (I watch movies on my lunch break)
- Holds the iPad securely on all 4 sides
- Does not block any buttons, ports, grills, etc.
Given my criteria and what I think of the cases I mentioned above, can anyone make recommendations of what cases I should look at?
- If the Apple case was a little heavier and came in padded leather I would buy it.
- I have a case from Merkury Innovations (not shown on their web site) that my wife got at Radio Shack that is great except it doesn't meet criteria 2 or 4 (4 being the worst offender).
- I almost bought a ZooGue case but wasn't sure about the velcro.
- The Griffin Elan Folio is close but it's not padded (not a deal breaker, really) and the dual tabs on the back seem more trouble than they're worth
- I can deal with the shininess of the Cygnett Glam but the left side is open so there is potential for the iPad to slide out. The Attache' has the same issue.
- The Cygnett Lavish was fantastic but didn't operate as a stand
Joe (16GB iPad WiFi/3G)