Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

matte or Glossy screen protector?

This is a discussion on matte or Glossy screen protector? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I wanted to buy a screen protector for my ipad so I went to Future shop and the only thing they had in stock was ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #

matte or Glossy screen protector?

I wanted to buy a screen protector for my ipad so I went to Future shop and the only thing they had in stock was a package of 2 screen protectors one glossy and one matte. I can't remember the brand name. I am not sure which one to attempt to put on the ipad, which ones do you guys prefer, the matte or the glossy? and why?

2. Ads

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    I like the glossy ,look clearly

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I have had several conversations with many apple store employees and they all suggested not to use the screen protector as it may reduce the screen's sensitivity. I have also seen some horrible application of these products with bubble and shadows. I will never place a piece of plastic on my ipad screen.
    My grand parents covered their furniture in clear plastic to protect the fabric and it look and felt awful l but hay they had clean furniture..what a concept.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    I first put a Zagg Invisible Shield matte protector on but it distorted the video too much for my liking. This weekend, I replaced it with a clear protector. The video is much better but you do see the smudges from fingerprints a little more. I have not been out in bright sunlight since the change. Hope this helps.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    I am just afraid of scratching the screen

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
    I wanted to buy a screen protector for my ipad so I went to Future shop and the only thing they had in stock was a package of 2 screen protectors one glossy and one matte. I can't remember the brand name. I am not sure which one to attempt to put on the ipad, which ones do you guys prefer, the matte or the glossy? and why?
    I've always used a Zagg InvisiShield on my iPods/iPhones. Never had issues with sensitivity or distortions or fingerprints under them, etc. On my iPad, I haven't bought a screen protector/film, but I recently ordered a "matte" finish one from Power Support. The discussions on the iPad section of the Apple Support forums said some good stuff about them in some instances. The application of it seems to be easier than the Zagg film and it seems to do what I really want it for-- to reduce the glare from the screen since I use it in an office building most of the time. I think the iPad screen is excellent, but the glare in an office environment w/ florescent lighting is horrible.

Protection...I'm not as concerned about since it stays in the Apple case at all times. With this anti-glare film, it'll offer enough protection from scratches also...so hopefully this won't be a $30 mistake!

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    I'm using a RadTech Anti Glare. I would go without, but the glare makes it really hard to see sometimes

iPF Novice
    Member #
    If you plan to take your iPad outside I would recommend the NuShield DayVue film. It is very easy to install and will not leave bubbles. It is the only film that cuts the glare without distorting the image. This page shows a comparison of the DayVue versus antiglare or no film at all when you go outdoors. Nushield

iPF Super Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbelt View Post
    I have had several conversations with many apple store employees and they all suggested not to use the screen protector as it may reduce the screen's sensitivity.
    Apparently no one at the Apple store has ever actually used a Zagg Invisible Shield. I have had one on my iPad since Day One with absolutely no issues. You have to take your time putting it on and use plenty of the supplied liquid. It can take a day or so for all the bubbles to disappear, but eventually they do since the material actually "breathes".

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Screen protector

One I certainly wouldn't recommend is a mirror finish one. Having had one on my htc hd2 I thought it would look good on my iPad and it did. That is until I switched the iPad on. Still only my reflection staring up at me. Unless I turned the screen brightness right up

Links