Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Otterbox... Thought opinions???

This is a discussion on Otterbox... Thought opinions??? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hello I'm new to the forum.. Wife brought me a Ipad for Christmas and the apple case... Not real happy with the apple case.. And ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    iPad Noob!
    Member #

Otterbox... Thought opinions???

Hello I'm new to the forum.. Wife brought me a Ipad for Christmas and the apple case... Not real happy with the apple case.. And see that most here prefer the Otterbox defender.. But wondering what protects the screen if its bumped or falls... If the back bone cover(The part with the hing to hold the ipad up) supposed to pop on the front when not in use???... Does the mechanism to prop up the ipad touch the screen???...

I want something to give it good protection.. As the ipad will be traveling with me... And really want some protection for the screen

Thank you

2. Ads

iPad Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Very rugged but bulky.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It's awsome!! Also includes a snap cover to protect the screen and stand! Totally worth the money but as said before it is a bit bulky and takes a good 10min to remove from the case.
    Everything is Bigger in TEXAS!!
    iPad 16GB WiFi
    iPhone4 32GB

Be sure and check out iphone4forum.net! For anything iPhone..
    Me over on the other side...

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Yes, the part that can be used as a stand can be snapped on the front to protect the screen while not in use. The part that rises to hold up the iPad will snap down and latch, so no it's not touching the screen. Yes, it's bulky but the silicone rubber of the case gives you a very secure hold on it while in use. The iPad and many of the other cases are very slick and I always feel like it's going too slip out of my hand. I also found that with the naked iPad or with one of the other slick cases, if I was using it in bed and laid it down beside me to get up, it would try to slide off the bed. Not with the Otter Box case, it stayed put.

Cons: The only bad things are, it's heavy and collects cat hair for a hobby.
    iPad 1 64gb 3g, iPad 3 64gb LTE, iPhone4 32gb, iPod Touch 32gb, Classic iPod 30gb, AppleTV 1g and 2g, MBP 13", MAC Mini

Here's where you can download the iPad manual.

http://support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

Good Luck

Pocobear

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedjester View Post
    Hello I'm new to the forum.. Wife brought me a Ipad for Christmas and the apple case... Not real happy with the apple case.. And see that most here prefer the Otterbox defender.. But wondering what protects the screen if its bumped or falls...
    I think it depends on the style of case which suits you. Personally I wouldn't go for something so bulky and a bit of an eyesore, but I know many Otterbox users have a lot of brand loyalty to it.

I've used a leather compendium-style cover from Oberon Design and it is more than adequate protection for day-to-day use (and my iPad goes with me practically everywhere). For added protection I also have a neoprene case, which I had customized from Etsy.
    32GB WiFi

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Too bulky for my taste

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    It is the best for protection and usefullness.

Links