Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

This is a discussion on [Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case) within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I use my thumb. That should make no difference at all. I'm going to email you and see if we can get to the bottom ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    I use my thumb. That should make no difference at all. I'm going to email you and see if we can get to the bottom of this. Something seems odd.

2. Ads

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EthnicHipster
    I do have the latest iOS. And yeap, I do the spacebar with my thumb. I'll try to use my index finger from now but having to "slow down" my typing kind of makes my zaggmate useless. It is supposed to help me be more productive.
    I agree. I hated the idea of slowing down from my normal 70-80 wpm, But in practice I found I didn't have to slow down too much. Just became a little bit more deliberate with my spacebar hits. BTW I only use the Zagg keyboard when I am mobile. In the office I use the Apple bluetooth keyboard. It is really good, but the Zagg ipad combo makes a better mobile proposition.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAGG
    I use my thumb. That should make no difference at all. I'm going to email you and see if we can get to the bottom of this. Something seems odd.
    I don't think it is the thumb us per se that is the issue Zagg. I think it is the speed. When I slow down and become more deliberate with my spacebar taps I don't get the problem. A mobile keyboard was never made for high speed typing. For one thing it is slightly too small. Horses for courses...

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    Interesting. It's safe to say we've sold tens of thousands of units and this is the first I've heard of this particular issue. I'm going to try to get to the bottom of it and keep you all updated. Thanks.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAGG
    Interesting. It's safe to say we've sold tens of thousands of units and this is the first I've heard of this particular issue. I'm going to try to get to the bottom of it and keep you all updated. Thanks.
    Well if you want to fly someone over to the States for a week or two of intensive user testing Zagg, let me know. I will accept business class and a little spending money

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    I'll have to think about that one for a moment....

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Thanks Zagg for the reply. It's not an issue that renders the zaggmate useless, but it does take a toll on your productivity and enjoyment of the product. Having to go back and check for double spacing between words when you're writing a school or work paper is tedious to say the least. And thanks AlunReynolds for reassuring I'm not imagining this issue!

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    I want you to try another one for my testing purposes if you don't mind. Please reply to my email so I can get your details.

iPad Noob!
    Member #

Still not a laptop!

We got a ZAGGmate for Christmas! They are pretty cool, but fall short a bit in use I'd say!

We wrote a review and posted it on our Bau Outdoors site blog.

Maybe better-off with an Apple wireless keyboard!

iPF Novice
    Member #

Escape Key

As mentioned in earlier posting, I use my Zaggmate keyboard for both iPad and home computer. Works great with both. There is an issue though:

My escape key works as a home key on my iPad as expected. But .. It doesn't act as an escape key on my home computer .. for instance it won't minimize YouTube displays .. and .. even more disconcerting .. it won't back me out of Excel spreadsheet formula bar or cell formula edits (this is the ESC key's job in Excel).

Question: Is there an alternative classical Esc key function on the Zaggmate keyboard (maybe using one of the function keys for instance)?

Or .. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links