Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Stylus: Targus versus Stylus-R-Us Roger iWand

This is a discussion on Stylus: Targus versus Stylus-R-Us Roger iWand within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I just lost the tip for my Targus stylus. Any hopes of getting a replacement ?...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 122
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stylus: Targus versus Stylus-R-Us Roger iWand

  1. #31
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    21590
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    8
    I just lost the tip for my Targus stylus. Any hopes of getting a replacement ?

  2. Ads


  3. #32
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    29467
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Posts
    6

    Stylus R Us

    I bought the 9" stylus from Stylus R Us. I am really pleased with it. I also bought a 4" stylus from them but it is too short for use with my phone. Since I live a few blocks away, I'm meeting the owner at Burger King and going to exchange it for a longer one or one of the retractable stylus.

    The also, have a raised button to put on the home button which makes it easier to use my IPad. That's $15.99 so I'm buying that also.
    Phyllis

  4. #33
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    2888
    Liked
    53 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by phylliskb View Post
    I bought the 9" stylus from Stylus R Us. I am really pleased with it. I also bought a 4" stylus from them but it is too short for use with my phone. Since I live a few blocks away, I'm meeting the owner at Burger King and going to exchange it for a longer one or one of the retractable stylus.

    The also, have a raised button to put on the home button which makes it easier to use my IPad. That's $15.99 so I'm buying that also.
    Phyllis
    Hi Phylliskb, welcome to the forum! You are going to meet the famous Jack at a Burger King??? Surely you all can find a better establishment to equal the high quality product you are exchanging (LOL). Please tell Jack that I absolutely enjoy the Masserati Stylus, it is incredible!

  5. #34
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    7739
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    123
    So aim reading with interest about how everyone loves the SRU stylus. However, how does it work for taking lots of notes? I currently use pen and paper, and am used to a nice smooth feel, but there is definitely a certain amount of friction to know the pen is on the paper.

    Before finding this site, I looked at a number of stylii at Amazon, and got the Boxwave which has a tip similar to the targus. Using this with penultimate, notes plus, etc it feels much like writing with a pen on a piece of paper.

    There is such emphasis of no pressure with the SRU that I wonder how people can make rapid strokes and keep the touch so light. The videos show mostly mundane tasks such as app selection, scrolling, etc. I don't mind using my finger for any of that, i need a stylus for speed - writing notes, drawings, etc rapidly.

    Does the SRU stylus do that? If so, what sizes do people use? My favorite pen size is the Mont Blanc Classic Ballpoint pen. The SRU wands look very thin. I am falling into the category of "looks and sounds too god to be true" and since there seems to be no way to try other than buy, I am just looking for some people with use expectations similar to mine.

  6. #35
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    29583
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11

    Penultimate

    Quote Originally Posted by photocat View Post
    how does one write on the pad? I tried using Notes, but that was a typing feature.

    Is it a different app?
    The app shown is called Penultimate and is available for $0.99.

  7. #36
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    17746
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    177
    I don't have any problems writing extensive notes with the Roger iWand or my latest addition, the Red Corvette from SRU. Flows really well and I like the feel of not having to press hard to write. I also have a 4" SRU and love it for quick notes when I am using my iPad in bed at night. I might poke my eye out with the Roger in that situation!
    iPad 1 16GB WiFi
    13" MacBook Pro (2011) 2.7 GHz, Intel Core i7, 4GB Memory

  8. #37
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    2888
    Liked
    53 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
    So aim reading with interest about how everyone loves the SRU stylus. However, how does it work for taking lots of notes? I currently use pen and paper, and am used to a nice smooth feel, but there is definitely a certain amount of friction to know the pen is on the paper.

    Before finding this site, I looked at a number of stylii at Amazon, and got the Boxwave which has a tip similar to the targus. Using this with penultimate, notes plus, etc it feels much like writing with a pen on a piece of paper.

    There is such emphasis of no pressure with the SRU that I wonder how people can make rapid strokes and keep the touch so light. The videos show mostly mundane tasks such as app selection, scrolling, etc. I don't mind using my finger for any of that, i need a stylus for speed - writing notes, drawings, etc rapidly.

    Does the SRU stylus do that? If so, what sizes do people use? My favorite pen size is the Mont Blanc Classic Ballpoint pen. The SRU wands look very thin. I am falling into the category of "looks and sounds too god to be true" and since there seems to be no way to try other than buy, I am just looking for some people with use expectations similar to mine.
    The Boxwave and the Targus are both the same product. I own that product, it was my first stylus and now it is a backup. I don't really need a back up for my Stylus R Us products. I'm keeping the Boxwave to remind me to always do some research before spending hard earned money on useless or inadequate products.

    I have two styli from Stylus R Us, the first one I bought was the Roger iWand that Lavender**Lady mentioned. It is a long, thin, lightweight, aluminum stylus. If you look further up in this thread, I posted a picture of the Targus/Boxwave and this Roger iWand. About three weeks after I started using the Roger iWand, I decided I needed a more pen like stylus as the length of the Roger iWand was hard to carry around.

    That is when I bought the Masserati, which has the same heft and weight of a Montblanc ball point pen. The stylus come in different colors, materials, styles. I think they use cars to name their styli because the company is probably trying to avoid trademark or copywrite laws of pen name brands.

    Because the tips are fabric, regular use sometimes matts the fiber so the company includes a small velcro strip to refluff it. I find I refluff about every 3 weeks.

    Using this stylus is very easy and less fatiguing than the Targus. The Targus is rubber like, so it squeaks as I use it across the screen protector clad iPad. Taking notes is amazingly easy with the Masserati. I document on a daily basis meetings I attend throughout my workday. People were impressed when I first pulled it out and they thought I was going to use a pen on my iPad.

    This is one product that relies, not so much on try before you buy it, but by word of mouth and forums like this one. I'm assuming that Stylus R Us is such a small company and a single product manufacturer that it doesn't have the kind of funds to send copies of their product to other companies like Engadget to try them out and review. They also don't seem to have the kind of manufacturing line that allows them to send their products to retail companies to sell in stores like Best Buy.

    You may see a poster on this forum named JackBauer, he is the company founder and head stylus maker (I believe) and he is very passionate about his product. I might appear to be a company shill, I am not. I have spent $29 on the Roger iWand and another $39 on the Masserati stylus. I do not anticipate buying another stylus from Stylus R Us because this product does not need to be replaced. It is more than adequate and it does what I bought it for. Yup, too good to be true!

  9. #38
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    7739
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    123
    Matt -

    I read the whole thread, and have been following it for a little while. I know that you are not a shill. just passionate about a product. I respect that, I do the same thing myself.

    I currently don't have any problems with the boxwave squeaking, and it seems to work OK, but it is relatively thin and a bit short, and if the Maserati is the weight, and feel of a Mont Blanc, I would be pretty happy with that. Thanks for the input. I will continue to use my boxwave for a little while, but at the first sign of issues, I will purchase one of the SRUs...

    Update - I just bought the Jobs and Trump combo. I'm a sucker for passion, small businesses, and quality. I'll report back after receiving and using them.
    Last edited by pluto6; 01-16-2011 at 10:48 PM.

  10. #39
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    23223
    Liked
    6 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    507
    I feel the same way with my Targus. Would I mind some length, no, but it works for me. I'm also not too keen on the idea of needing to re-fluff the fabric tip, but people do seem to love the SRU products, so it's whatever works. The Targus one does what I need.
    iPad 1,2 &3
    iPhone 4S

  11. #40
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    2888
    Liked
    53 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,230

    What???

    Quote Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post

    Update - I just bought the Jobs and Trump combo. I'm a sucker for passion, small businesses, and quality. I'll report back after receiving and using them.
    Okay, I wasn't TWISTING your arm to buy a stylus!! But if you don't like the two you got from Stylus R Us and want to go back to Targus, please PM and I'll send you my Targus


+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone use a stylus?
    By Sviatapolk in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
  2. Targus iPad Stylus Review
    By EpiciPad in forum iPad Reviews
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 01:45 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 03:30 PM
  4. This works! Targus Stylus for Apple® iPad™
    By Nightstar in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
  5. Targus Stylus
    By earlyadopter in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 05:36 AM

Search tags for this page

cape cod stylus
,
cape cod stylus for ipad
,
roger iwand
,

stylus r us

,
stylus r us amazon
,
stylus r us review
,

stylus-r-us

,
stylus-r-us amazon
Click on a term to search for related topics.