Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Stylus: Targus versus Stylus-R-Us Roger iWand

This is a discussion on Stylus: Targus versus Stylus-R-Us Roger iWand within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; thanks, i will check that out....

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stylus: Targus versus Stylus-R-Us Roger iWand

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    thanks, i will check that out.

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Jack, I think what Matt meant by heavy use was using it for a long time at a single sitting, as in taking pages and pages of notes and drawing at one time. I could see in that instance even with a light touch, that the fibers could compress and possibly need fluffing up again.

I can hardly wait for my two styli to arrive! I will add my review here after I play with them a while. Glad to hear you are including Velcro. Having it right along with the stylus will encourage people to use it.

Just as an aside, you might want to consider adding purple/lavender to your color selection. It is a really popular color....I probably wouldvhave bought mine a week ago if you had purple, even without Matt's review. I'm just that nuts about the color!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times

Exactly, LL***W***iPad...

Trying to be light when writing notes on my iPad is difficult. I was on a 30 minute conference call yesterday. It was a lively conversation so I found myself writing notes emotively. Which I would do with a real pen and paper. So I have to unlearn that writing behavior.

I typed this note using the iWand. Tapping keys lightly is really nice. I am also discovering that my iPad screen remains cleaner using this stylus. Look mom! No finger prints!

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Jack - I think we understand your point about heavy - hard - jab - stab - pound - hammer - poke - hit - strike. But I am most interested in long term "normal" use. I use smartnotes on my ipad extensively for work. Just two weeks ago I created a 500-page notebook and another 50 pager at one project in a single week. Just handwritten notes. While I don't heavy - hard - jab - stab - pound - hammer - poke - hit - strike, I don't want to worry about babying a stylus, either. So as one of the previous posters asked, how will it hold up to long term "normal" use as an ipad handwriting tool? I went through several styli, including a number of DIY, and so far am most pleased with the Targus as it performs well and stands up to normal use. But of course a smaller tip size would be great, but not if I have to trade off normal use for it.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I hope I'm not breaking any rules by re-posting my thoughts from a different thread, especially when I have not tried the Targus stylus. If so, I apologize in advance but here is my review of the Stylus R Us styluses.

I have been using my Stylus R Us styluses (stylii?) for a week now. I have been looking primarily for a stylus that I could use with a handwriting recognition program (WritePad) for note taking during meetings on my iPad with a screen protector. I honestly think I have found it with the Stylus R Us.

I actually was trying two different SRU's, the 9" Brass Roger iWand and one of the less expensive 6" ones. The SRU stylus definitely take a light touch to work properly. if you press hard with it, it will not work well at all. I discovered the velcro trick quite by accident when the tip of the 6" became stuck in the velcro on my iPad case. I noticed it worked significantly better once I got it loose from the velcro.

I found the 6" stylus better suited for my use while taking notes as it felt more like a pen in my hand. WritePad recognizes the words more accurately when I use the SRU stylus rather than my finger, which is the only way I've been able to take notes so far. I used the 6" SRU stylus with WritePad consistently during a 90 minute conference call and was able to forward the "typewritten" notes to my boss afterwards rather than typing them up afterwards if I had used a pen and paper.

However, I think the 9" brass iWand may work better for other applications. It seemed to work very well with the few games I have installed on my iPad and for scrolling through pages on my news apps. in fact scrolling takes just a slight flick with the tip of the iWand.

All in all, I am very impressed with the Stylus R Us stylus and actually feel no need to keep looking.

As a disclaimer, I do not work for or have any interest in the company--I work for a midwest law firm. I am merely expressing my findings with the hope that they will help someone else. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to pm me or post your questions here.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times

Thanks Hagisgirl for Your Review

I don't think you have broken any rules reposting your findings. I think this helps us all understand the S-R-U product.

BTW, are you British? "Hagis" is a very special British dish.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MattIM View Post
    BTW, are you British? "Hagis" is a very special British dish.
    To be technical, it is a Scottish dish made from sheep innards; heart, liver and lungs, to be most exact. If you want to say Scotland is part of Britain, this is true, but don't let a Scotsman hear you say that.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    No, I'm not "British" or Scottish, I happen to be of Swiss ancestry. However, I am married to a Scotsman by ancestry. And I really enjoy haggis.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kvizzel View Post
    Anyone know of a good key chain stylus?

I want something I could hook to my keys.
    The targus has a hole in the little post on the non writing end. It looks just like it was make for a keychain. It's a bit, not too much, long for a keychain, and I have NO idea how strong it is. But I thought I would throw that out there.

-Mike

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kvizzel View Post
    Anyone know of a good key chain stylus?

I want something I could hook to my keys.
    The targus has a hole in the little post on the non writing end. It looks just like it was make for a keychain. It's a bit, not too much, long for a keychain, and I have NO idea how strong it is. But I thought I would throw that out there.

-Mike
    Sweet, thanks for info, maybe I'll look into it more!

Links