Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Need an Anti-Glare screen protector

This is a discussion on Need an Anti-Glare screen protector within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I had a Power Support Anti Glare, and it worked well, but I really suck at installing them, and I had lots of dust under ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #

Need an Anti-Glare screen protector

I had a Power Support Anti Glare, and it worked well, but I really suck at installing them, and I had lots of dust under it. I got fed up with it today, and removed it. It just won't come clean, so I'm thinking about getting one professionally installed.

I was thinking of the Zagg Anti Glare, and having the cronies at Best Buy install it. My dad did that, and it worked well.

Or, should I go Power Support and try my hand at installing it again? I really can't keep spending loads of cash to keep getting protectors.

Any advice will help. Thanks.

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    My local Best Buy installed my Power Support screen for a nominal fee

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Really? I may do that as I love PS films

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I recently applied a Brando anti-glare protector. It was easy to apply and works like a charm - no problems at all with bubbles. Made me wish I had discovered this sooner.
    32GB WiFi

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    I have had Zagg's antiglare on for a few weeks now. It is by far the best screen protector, but you do give up some screen quality as friends have noticed. I did the install myself and if you follow the directions it's easy, but if you have any hesitation, just pay someone to do it, although I question if a best buy geek could do it better.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Do yourself a favor and check out the Moshi protectors. I know I sound like a company rep, but in reality I am just a very happy customer. The Moshi protectors are made differently than the rest and you literally just lay it on the device and you are finished. There are no bubbles ... ever, no application solutions or bubble removal tools.. The screen still feels and looks great and you can simply remove the protector and wash it under the faucet if it gets dirty.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSt View Post
    Do yourself a favor and check out the Moshi protectors. I know I sound like a company rep, but in reality I am just a very happy customer. The Moshi protectors are made differently than the rest and you literally just lay it on the device and you are finished. There are no bubbles ... ever, no application solutions or bubble removal tools.. The screen still feels and looks great and you can simply remove the protector and wash it under the faucet if it gets dirty.
    This is an interesting one. Kinda same principle as the otterbox defender built in screen protector for iphone4. My only complaint is it gives the screen a more plastic feel rather than glass because of the air between it.
    Everything is Bigger in TEXAS!!
    iPad 16GB WiFi
    iPhone4 32GB

Be sure and check out iphone4forum.net! For anything iPhone..
    Me over on the other side...

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
    This is an interesting one. Kinda same principle as the otterbox defender built in screen protector for iphone4. My only complaint is it gives the screen a more plastic feel rather than glass because of the air between it.
    I have been happy with the feel of it but I do have to confess that I never used my iPad without the screen protector precisely for that reason! i figured if I never knew what it felt like without the protector I would always be happy with it.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    it's pretty simple to install it yourself. try using water to clean off everything from the sticky side (you shouldn't lose the stickiness... at least i didn't and i think i even used a little bar soap) and then apply it to your cleaned ipad while the film is still a little wet. squeegee out the bubbles and you're set. (just make sure to use some tape to lift up corners instead of your fingers to prevent annoying folds in the film which may cause permanent bubbles.

as for the film, i think i bought this one which came with a clear case for 10 bucks altogether:
    HHI iPad PadShell Crystal Clear Polycarbonate Case - Clear

I use neither right now because, for me, i prefer the screen without the loss of quality and a case with adjustable heights (i use the a-case now).

iPad Fan!
    Member #

No bubbles installation.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty_hoodie View Post
    I had a Power Support Anti Glare, and it worked well, but I really suck at installing them, and I had lots of dust under it. I got fed up with it today, and removed it. It just won't come clean, so I'm thinking about getting ...
    I'd try installing it yourself again, but this time if your worried about the dust just install it in a steamy bathroom. I know that sounds extreme, but it seriously works!

Psjeong has it pretty much summed up, but really take your time aligning the protector making sure you don't touch the underside with your fingers. There's no rush.

And if you somehow do find dust under your protector at the end of applying it just try this:

Get some good quality sticky tape, stick it to the corner (nearest to the bubble) and use that to raise the SP as to not damage the edge. Then once the offending dust is exposed you can use another piece of tape to carefully dab off the dust being careful not to touch the underside with your fingers. Then just lay it back down and the air bubbles should be gone.

That technique should work on most good screen protectors, and if you mess it up totally you should be able to wash it.

Hope that all makes sense and is help to some of you.

Thanks,
    Ed

Links