Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

First Reactions to the Adonit Jot Touch

This is a discussion on First Reactions to the Adonit Jot Touch within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I just received my Jot Touch 4 and thus far I am really pleased. The precision seems to beat the standard Jot, which is pretty ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: First Reactions to the Adonit Jot Touch

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    First Reactions to the Adonit Jot Touch-image-3528729331.jpg

I just received my Jot Touch 4 and thus far I am really pleased. The precision seems to beat the standard Jot, which is pretty good. The touch is longer and somewhat heavier, which makes it more comfortable in the hand. The plastic disc on the nib is slightly smaller and the accuracy seems to be improved.

I primarily use it with Goodnotes for handwriting. I'm not sure that the "shortcut buttons" on the side are anything to get excited about, and I have not tried it out on drawing. But---my first reaction is that it is a winner. I will add to this report later after I acquire some experience with it.
    Gabriel1, Mickey330 and skimonkey like this.

2. Ads

iPF Legend
    Member #
    Liked
    1526 times
    Thanks for the review. I'm really wanting one of these. I'm just waiting for some spare cash to ripen on the money tree. Or I might have to give up a couple weeks of chai lattes.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    Did you try the older version? I ask because this one is supposed to be quieter. The old one made loud, plastic on glass (obviously) clicking every time I touched the screen. It got to be rather annoying, TBH.

I'd heard this one was quieter - just wondering if you have found it so. Thanks.

Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    Did you try the older version? I ask because this one is supposed to be quieter. The old one made loud, plastic on glass (obviously) clicking every time I touched the screen. It got to be rather annoying, TBH.

I'd heard this one was quieter - just wondering if you have found it so. Thanks.

Marilyn
    Hi Marilyn,

Was there an earlier Jot Touch? Or were you referring to the "non touch" Jot? If the latter, I can respond that the Touch 4 is a great deal quieter than the conventional jot. Maybe the smaller disc has something to do with it. Don't know. I am using a screen protector, and this quietens both versions quite a bit.

I am still feeling good about the purchase. As Twerpoet is doing, I hung fire a long time because of the price. (Those lattees are hard to give up!) But when I found out that Good Notes supports it, I couldn't hang tough any longer---.

BTW, the precision on the Touch is significantly better.
    Mickey330 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    172 times
    Whew,i would have to give up more than coffee to get that,very pricey.
    Poisonivy
    iPadforums Moderator
    iPhoneforums Administrator

If you can stay calm while all around you is chaos then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    Thanks for the reply - though I see I am w-a-y behind the times with the Jot! I didn't really read up on the Touch - thought it was "just" another stylus. But I see how this one is very different from the original I was thinking of (and had used). Thanks for clearing that up ... my bad.

However, now that I've read about it - I think I am going to have to start saving MY pennies. I like this!

Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
    Whew,i would have to give up more than coffee to get that,very pricey.
    Yeah, I agree. It seemed kinda' obscene for them to ask that much, but being a handwriting-stylus junky I finally decided to spring for it. As of yet, I don't regret doing so---and I have made some splurges in the past that I IMMEDIATELY regretted!

By the way, a latte a day can keep the stylus away! Just check the price on that little goody! Might require a two or three week abstention, though. Probably Twerppoet drinks more than one a day! 8).
    Last edited by Tuttle; 06-03-2013 at 11:28 AM.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I just got my Jot Touch 4 about 2 weeks ago. Overall, I think it was a great purchase! The pressure sensitivity compared to the old one is insane.

What app does everybody use and like? I have been playing around with a couple of them.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    It is pricey but it oozes quality. If you want an alternative to think about then think about the Hex3 JaJa

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welllll----after using the Jot Touch 4 for some time, I am forced to admit it was a disastrous purchase.

Be aware that I do not use it for drawing, so the pressure sensitivity is not a big thing for me. I do appreciate its high quality construction and the way it feels in the hand, BUT---.

It does not work well at all with Good Notes, my favored writing app. Sometimes the stroke is simply not recognized, while at other times (when I am touching the screen lightly) the last stroke appears and then immediately erases itself. Though I haven't tested it extensively on Noteshelf, Notability, and other writing apps which I also like, the same issues seem to crop up.

But the worst thing is the action of the touch nib. There is apparently an internal shaft attached to the point which ratchets up and down as you press and release, emitting a funny "cricking" sound in the process. Both the erratic and the sound are annoying.

Bottom line: I reach over for my conventional Jot or fiber tipped stylus and get better performance. The Jot Touch 4 is a lousy product from Adonit that is way overpriced.

That said, I have preordered their new 1.9 millimeter point stylus in the hope that it will be better than the Touch.

Just wanted to update, well actually reverse, my earlier enthusiasm for the Touch. Hope it helps you in your search for a great stylus.

Links