Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

FREE video converters

This is a discussion on FREE video converters within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; For those of you thats not familiar with video conversion for the old trusty iPod or iPhone these free apps for Mac and PC will ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: FREE video converters

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times

FREE video converters

For those of you thats not familiar with video conversion for the old trusty iPod or iPhone these free apps for Mac and PC will help you out in a snap to convert your fav videos to iPad.

Yes, I know that iTunes will do it aswell but in order for this to happen it needs to be in mp4, mov format already! These apps will convert anything you throw at it (maybe not flash, but Apple Quicktime will take care of that for a price!)

iSquint (Mac only)
    DOWNLOAD HERE!

Thank you MacUpdate for the screenie!

Handbrake (available for Mac & Windows)
    DOWNLOAD HERE!

Thank you Handbrake project 2010 for this screenie!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Max; 04-02-2010 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the damn pad again...LOL
    http://www.ipadforums.net/signaturepics/sigpic455_4.gif

2. Ads

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Max thank for share you're knowledge

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Great post. Maybe it will prevent some of the spammers from posting about there video converters.

For me I recommend Handbrake. It does a great job. It has an AppleTV preset that should work for the iPad so you don't have to mess the individual settings unless you want to.
    Parrori1 likes this.
    64GB Wifi iPad Owner

iPF Novice
    Member #
    There is also a hardware device -- a usb-stick called Turbo.264.HD from Elgato. It is just about the fastest conversion method there is. On my older Intel iMac Handbrake will take about three hours to convert a movie from avi to mp4. Turbo will do it in an hour or so. One caveat is that Handbrake's conversion is better, depends on your use. For a screen the size of the iPad's the Turbo.264 is great. Even for Apple TV on a normal TV. But if you are going to be hooked up to a 1080p 52" HDTV you may want to spend the extra hours with Handbrake.

iPad Addict
    Member #

Smile iPad video converter

Quote Originally Posted by NeilShapiro View Post
    There is also a hardware device -- a usb-stick called Turbo.264.HD from Elgato. It is just about the fastest conversion method there is. On my older Intel iMac Handbrake will take about three hours to convert a movie from avi to mp4. Turbo will do it in an hour or so. One caveat is that Handbrake's conversion is better, depends on your use. For a screen the size of the iPad's the Turbo.264 is great. Even for Apple TV on a normal TV. But if you are going to be hooked up to a 1080p 52" HDTV you may want to spend the extra hours with Handbrake.
    Neil Handbrake in my MacBook just took at least 20 minutes for 1h30 movie ...

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Realplayer can be downloaded for free. Anything that can be played in Realplayer can be converted by the program to itunes format.

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    Any news if Handbrake will be available for the IPad? or is it a mute point.........

I think it would be cool if they would allow at least storage of the offending non-apple supported file format until Hanbrake could convert it on the IPad directly and then delete the original.

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    I just checked the Hbrake site and they have been working on an IPad preset since May '09, but nothing like what I posted.
    Last edited by Ghuda; 04-03-2010 at 11:14 AM.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #

Ideal/Optimal Video Format for IPAD?

Anyone found the optimal conversion to get max quality at min size?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    In for the subscription, great post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links