Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

AppStore screen glitch

This is a discussion on AppStore screen glitch within the iPad 4 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hello, I'm new to Apple products. I just got my iPad 4 last week and it's great. Just one little thing that I'm just checking ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    262983
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    56

    Question AppStore screen glitch

    Hello, I'm new to Apple products. I just got my iPad 4 last week and it's great. Just one little thing that I'm just checking if its normal. When I'm in the AppStore searching for apps, when the images are loading and I'm scrolling down the page,suddenly the whole screen will do this weird glitch something pops up for a millisecond and then it goes back and continues loading. I thought it was just a little weird. But everything else is great and it's definitely probably a software glitch. Anyone notice this? Thanks.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Fid
    Fid is offline
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    116331
    Liked
    32 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hinterlands of Northern California
    Posts
    492
    I have an iPad 1 and have noticed this also. Sometimes when the example pictures are loading they won't scroll properly until all of the pictures are loaded. I was thinking that this was because my connection is very slow. I am on a dialup connection, but still have wifi with it.
    That upon which you dwell in the mind you become. - Lao Tsu
    iPad4 64GB, iPhone 4 - 32GB, iPhone 3GS 32GB (using as iPod)


  4. #3
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    2888
    Liked
    53 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,230
    I have noticed this as well. It happens when I first start an app or go to another page within the app. If I blink when this happens I could miss it. I thought it was because my iPad 1 had such limited resources that this section was the last screen to complete. But then it happened in my iPad 2. So I checked out my iPad (3rd generation), it happened on this device as well. It is not annoying but noticeable, its like a camera shutter going off.

    I'm glad you both noticed this because I now know, it wasn't my imagination!! LOL

  5. #4
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    246633
    Liked
    27 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    I have an iPad 1 and have noticed this also. Sometimes when the example pictures are loading they won't scroll properly until all of the pictures are loaded. I was thinking that this was because my connection is very slow. I am on a dialup connection, but still have wifi with it.
    Wow....dialup WiFi connection?
    Can't say I ever heard of that before.

    I feel for you......if I only had dialup as an option I wouldn't have a computer in the house. Just to painful, especially with all the graphics intensive websites now days.
    iPad 4 - 64GB Black Wi-FI
    ZAG-Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case

  6. #5
    Fid
    Fid is offline
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    116331
    Liked
    32 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hinterlands of Northern California
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by buerkletucson

    Wow....dialup WiFi connection?
    Can't say I ever heard of that before.

    I feel for you......if I only had dialup as an option I wouldn't have a computer in the house. Just to painful, especially with all the graphics intensive websites now days.
    It's not so bad any more. There used to be three college students here as well. For large things they would have to go six miles to the local library or the same distance to a friend's house. Satellite Internet is available, but I would have to cut down two nice sixty feet tall oak trees. My wife and I deal with the slow internet connection. Web pages take a long time to load.
    For me not having a computer in the house would be difficult. I started learning programming in 1982, over half my life ago. I am still programming on the computer and now on the iPad.
    That upon which you dwell in the mind you become. - Lao Tsu
    iPad4 64GB, iPhone 4 - 32GB, iPhone 3GS 32GB (using as iPod)


  7. #6
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    262983
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    I have an iPad 1 and have noticed this also. Sometimes when the example pictures are loading they won't scroll properly until all of the pictures are loaded. I was thinking that this was because my connection is very slow. I am on a dialup connection, but still have wifi with it.
    Yeah I was thinking it could have been my internet connection also, but it also did it at my old college Wifi that's super fast.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattIM View Post
    I have noticed this as well. It happens when I first start an app or go to another page within the app. If I blink when this happens I could miss it. I thought it was because my iPad 1 had such limited resources that this section was the last screen to complete. But then it happened in my iPad 2. So I checked out my iPad (3rd generation), it happened on this device as well. It is not annoying but noticeable, its like a camera shutter going off.

    I'm glad you both noticed this because I now know, it wasn't my imagination!! LOL
    Yeah I'm glad to hear it's not a defect, I wonder what causes it tho and if Apple is ever going to fix it, most likely not since it was on your iPad 1 as well. It really doesn't bother me I guess but it was a little ugly to see. I may email Applecare and see what they say about this, but I'm not worried about it really. Thanks for the responses


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. App glitch
    By NicoleAR in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 09:40 PM
  2. Weird iPad screen glitch
    By pandarock32 in forum iPad 3 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 05:27 AM
  3. AppStore Glitch?
    By Uuglypher in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 06:10 AM
  4. Screen Glitch After Reboot
    By Mipp34 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
  5. dragonvale glitch
    By wavedenzo101 in forum iPad Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 06:17 PM

Search tags for this page

how to glitch an ipad 4
,

ipad 4 glitches

,

ipad 4 screen glitch

,
ipad screen glitch
,
ipad screen glitches
,
screen glitch in app store on ipad
,
sometimes screen glitches when scrolling ipad 4
,
weird glitches on the ipad 4
Click on a term to search for related topics.