Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Blue lines on edge of screen?

This is a discussion on Blue lines on edge of screen? within the iPad 4 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by The OB Oh come on guys. Seriously? Do you really think that the colour of the plastic edging around your iPads is ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    270209
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by The OB
    Oh come on guys. Seriously? Do you really think that the colour of the plastic edging around your iPads is going to affect or produce any kind of light bleeding near those edges. The mind boggles to think what would happen if your iPads had red surrounds! Sheesh.

    With respect, may I suggest you stop worrying about all this light bleeding, stop reading about all those anally retentive articles that all feed upon themselves about bleeding edges (noticeable only when you turn the lights off at night) and just concentrate on enjoying your iPads.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure if this post was partially directed towards me, but I noticed the blue lines within my first hour of use, not by reading about them. Yes, I'm a bit OCD about my devices, but I don't look for defects. I notice them when they are really there.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    49720
    Liked
    418 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,343
    I've never seen backlight bleed that was any color other than a dingy yellowish color.

    If you have hue, the first thing I would do is ask others if they see it too. And try to capture a photo of it. Some people are able to see things others don't see. And remember that all displays have a color temperuate, some are warm and others are colder in nature and these tend to shift away from a pure white display.

    Sorry if this has been posted before. I searched and didn't see anything. On the edges of my screen there seems to be a blue hue. It's very faint but noticeable when in dark rooms or reading text that is around the area. I don't think this is normal but I have thought that it may be just the backlight from the LED. I bought my iPad yesterday, so I can exchange it if this is a defect. Thank you!
    The problem I fear here is that you may need up in a cycle looking for perfection when for you there may be none. For me, I worry when I can see things in the display when in a room with normal lighting, not in dark rooms. If you have to go to a dark room to notice it, then you may be setting yourself up for some pain. Another issue too is that the replacement may be worse than what you have....so I would get as many pairs of eyes on that display as possible to be sure you are not just supersensitive. If you are, then you may find it hard to be happy with any display. None of them are truly perfect -- it is a question of degree.
    Last edited by AQ_OC; 01-03-2013 at 09:34 AM.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  4. #13
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    270209
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC View Post
    I've never seen backlight bleed that was any color other than a dingy yellowish color.

    If you have hue, the first thing I would do is ask others if they see it too. And try to capture a photo of it. Some people are able to see things others don't see. And remember that all displays have a color temperuate, some are warm and others are colder in nature and these tend to shift away from a pure white display.



    The problem I fear here is that you may need up in a cycle looking for perfection when for you there may be none. For me, I worry when I can see things in the display when in a room with normal lighting, not in dark rooms. If you have to go to a dark room to notice it, then you may be setting yourself up for some pain. Another issue too is that the replacement may be worse than what you have....so I would get as many pairs of eyes on that display as possible to be sure you are not just supersensitive. If you are, then you may find it hard to be happy with any display. None of them are truly perfect -- it is a question of degree.
    I've asked others and they see it, too. It's definitely there. I wouldn't make up a screen defect. I have a laptop, phone, 7-inch tablet, and TV, none of which have real (that I can see) or imaginary screen defects. I sort of am looking for perfection, to be honest. If I spend over $500 on a device, I really don't want it to have a manufacturing defect. From what I've read, defects in Apple devices that aren't first batch are rare, so I would hope that my replacement would be better. This is Apple after all. They supposedly make the best devices available.

  5. #14
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    49720
    Liked
    418 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc276 View Post
    I've asked others and they see it, too. It's definitely there. I wouldn't make up a screen defect. I have a laptop, phone, 7-inch tablet, and TV, none of which have real (that I can see) or imaginary screen defects. I sort of am looking for perfection, to be honest. If I spend over $500 on a device, I really don't want it to have a manufacturing defect. From what I've read, defects in Apple devices that aren't first batch are rare, so I would hope that my replacement would be better. This is Apple after all. They supposedly make the best devices available.
    I wasn't suggesting you were making anything up...and said that some people have eyesight that is more sensitive than others and hence they see things that others don't perceive. I suggest you exchange it for another one.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  6. #15
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    270209
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC

    I wasn't suggesting you were making anything up...and said that some people have eyesight that is more sensitive than others and hence they see things that others don't perceive. I suggest you exchange it for another one.
    That's true, and I appreciate your help. Thank you!

  7. #16
    Moderator
    Member #
    235421
    Liked
    616 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc276 View Post
    I've asked others and they see it, too. It's definitely there. I wouldn't make up a screen defect. I have a laptop, phone, 7-inch tablet, and TV, none of which have real (that I can see) or imaginary screen defects. I sort of am looking for perfection, to be honest. If I spend over $500 on a device, I really don't want it to have a manufacturing defect. From what I've read, defects in Apple devices that aren't first batch are rare, so I would hope that my replacement would be better. This is Apple after all. They supposedly make the best devices available.
    Hi jtc276 and, I assure you, my post was not meant to question what you are seeing or cause discomfort in any way, and if it did I do regret that. I first read that you noticed that blueness only as very faint and in dark rooms. But now I understand more clearly that you and others see it as a problem when reading text as well. Now that does not seem right and there is no reason IMHO why you should not ask to have it exchanged.

    I hope that new iPad comes through for you quickly so you can enjoy it in the new year, which I wish will be a great one for you.
    Regards, Andrew
    Please come back to say whether a member's assistance solved a problem. Others may be helped by that.
    Check out the rules~ http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
    iPad3 64gig black, much unused PC Win 8.1 Pro, Samsung Galaxy mobile phone, Electrolux refrigerator (cool version)

  8. #17
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    270209
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by The OB

    Hi jtc276 and, I assure you, my post was not meant to question what you are seeing or cause discomfort in any way, and if it did I do regret that. I first read that you noticed that blueness only as very faint and in dark rooms. But now I understand more clearly that you and others see it as a problem when reading text as well. Now that does not seem right and there is no reason IMHO why you should not ask to have it exchanged.

    I hope that new iPad comes through for you quickly so you can enjoy it in the new year, which I wish will be a great one for you.
    Regards, Andrew
    Looking back at my OP, I realize that I made it seem like it's only visible in dark rooms, when actually it's visible all the time. I'm really not sure why I put that and if there was any misunderstanding it was my fault. I'm hoping that my local Walmart will finally restock tomorrow. I'm definitely anxiously waiting. Thank you for your help!

  9. #18
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    281595
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1
    Hello, I was searching the net for an answer regarding my ipad and found your thread about a blue edge. I've just noticed this on mine while editing pictures of snowy scenery...I was wondering if you resolved your issue or is this just the way they are? It's driving me nuts now that I've noticed it!


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Bricked iPad 1 - Blue screen or black screen
    By javajesus in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 03:35 AM
  2. ipad screen red and blue lines
    By Cotters007 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 05:50 AM
  3. Colored lines across my screen
    By steve21 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 08:45 PM
  4. screen black lines bars
    By federicom03 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 03:15 AM
  5. Why matte screen protector have vague lines
    By mason123 in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:44 AM

Search tags for this page

7his.com porn video search engine

,
apple ipad screen producing blue lines
,
blue line ipad 4 screen
,
blue line on my ipad screen
,

blue lines on ipad screen

,
bluish lines in ipad
,
how to fix red blue lines on ipad
,

ipad 4 blue edge

,
ipad 4 blue hue around the screen edges
,
ipad 4 blue screen edge
,
ipad 4 screen problems blue edge
,
lines on the edge of my ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.