Mine switches from 3G(O2) to WiFi and back again, with no issues.
Mine switches from 3G(O2) to WiFi and back again, with no issues.
Went through another round of wifi/4g/wifi this morning and no issues to report.
I went to my iPad ISP Singtel branch today again. Again the service girl the best helps she could offer me was, the 3rd and complete new SIM card for my iPad plan line, abd she will help to escalate the problem to higher management to discuss with Apple. Unfortunately thought, she could not get any higher senior management person to call me for any result they discuss with Apple.
The Singtel service girl said, if problem like this new iPad happened, and in many country across 3 continents it must be the Apple new iPad hardware issue. She also mentioned, maybe the next iOS release will help to rectify the problem.
10 hours passed, sad to informed everyone, even with the 3rd and brand new SIM card provided by Singtel ISP service girl today 04/02, the problem still persist. Better still it happened even I performed a complete "Erase All Contents and Settings" still does not help to improve any situation everyone is encountering since the "New iPad Day-1 03/16 Launch Day".
I am very very upset & frustrate with this problem. You see, I can ignore many flaw of the iOS like photos sync, display heat-up, overheat when extensive 3D game play, longer charging time concerns. But even the basic of native iPad usage are at risk?
Common this got to be a joke & ridiculous. Just like a cellphone, if the basic of making a phone call are also in trouble, whatelse does it good for? If the basic function not working properly, it doesn't matter anymore even if it able to outperform all the Android, Blackberry, Windows tablets in our Planet Earth by 2x, 4x, or even 100x.
This Apple new iPad has rotten, at least for me. Think "The POST-iPAD Era" has arrived,
It is almost time for me & everyone in this trouble to move on to Android or other systems now.
I suspect this issue is country / Network specific, as I've not seen any issue either regarding this problem at least not with my 3G network in the UK. Though I believe Apple have acknowledged the issue on some models which they hope to fix in the next iOS upgrade.
I've not seen any undue warming on my iPad either, if I had I would say so. Though I suspect Singapore is much warmer than here, so ambient temperature may have some bearing too. TBH I would expect it to get warmer and would'nt be too alarmed if it did get warmer, but I've not noticed anything out of the normal... it's seems as cool as my iPad 1 to me. Though my brightness is always under 50%, at least while inside the home.
Regarding the comments from the last poster in Singapore regarding the competition, though I do like Apple products, I must do.. as we have 2 iPads, an iphone, and also Apple Air laptop..:-)
I am inclined to agree with your comments to some degree suggesting Apple have reached their peak, and may start to see falling sales in the future. They have much more credible competition now, as I know from my own experience that some of the better Andoid products are indeed getting quite good.
My wifes Samsung Galaxy S2 phone which uses a super olded screen actually looks slightly better than my iphone4 IMO, even though the SS-S2 phone has slightly less resolution. I do like the idea of getting rid of the backlit LCD panels, and think that super oled or a derivitive of it will be the future for all sreens eventually, including larger tablets. I certainly think the days when people will pay a premium merely to get the Apple name on their product will reduce with time, unless they come out with something really spectacular which I don't think will happen. Plus the fact that other manufacturers are catching up very quickly, can only serve to put pressure on Apple in the future. However, for now.. I'm enjoying my new iPad 3.
I like to think my opinions are honest, and not clouded by product loyalty which we know is common and widespread, and no more so than with Apple enthusiasts.
For me the reason I bought the iPad 3 was genuinely because we needed a second one, however, having used my wifes new Android phone, which I might add was awarded the 'Mobile Phone of the year award', beating my iPhone4s into second place..lol and I've also played with my brothers Android tablet plus a few of them in the stores, I'm pretty sure future purchases of this nature may not be so cut n dried as in the past. Indeed I was very undecided on this occasion...but I had enjoyed my iPad 1 so much, and with the iPad3 having a improved screen.. I suppose I just had to go with another.
Put that overheating iPad to good use:Attachment 12671
Currently there's a serious 3G cellular data connection problem in the new iPad 3/4G WiFi. I've strongly believed there's a bug in iOS 5.1 or Qualcomm radio chipset & it driver having bug for the new iPad.
Since Day 1 03/16 new iPad launch day, the day I've purchased my new iPad 32GB + 3/4G + WiFi, it has been plaguing with 3G cellular data not connected, no activated problem. A daily of 3~5 power cycles was needed in order to get the 3G data working again. All fixes like below from many sides was just help to fix the problem temporary. The fixes like,
1. Reset all settings, useless & only temp fix.
2. Erase all contents and settings, useless & only temp fix.
3. Reset network setting, useless & only temp fix.
4. ISP replaced a complete SIM card, useless & only temp fix.
5. ISP reset iPad celllular data line in their network system, useless & only temp fix.
6. Single iPad sim or multi-sim line, same headache.
7. Apple swapped for 1 new (refurbished?) unit, stil the same problem.
Hopefully Apple next iOS 5.2 release really solve this big problem for all the users, worldwide. Until then, my advice to all potential new iPad owner especially most of the countries still using 3G network, to be seriously take this issue into consideration before forking out your money. I am not speculating this big problem. There's already plenty of users who are suffering this issue since the new iPad Day-1 Launch 03/16 across many country, worldwide.
All bro & sis who're suffering cellular data not connected problem, please help to stand forward, do not be afraid and start pouring in your status in this sequence, Victim's name, ISP/Network, Conutry. Many thanks first!
All listed in "Victim's name, ISP/Network, Conutry" sequece :
Victims from my thread (before post deleted by Apple Support Communities host),
"Issues with new iPad 3/4G WiFi cellular data not connected, worldwide!" Link, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3857050?tstart=0
01. NewForce, Singtel 3G, Singapore
02. Kenny Go, M1 3G, Singapore?
03. 170790, T-Mobile, Austria
04. Red Tees, Verizon 3/4G, Wisconsin USA
05. guhans, Telstra, Australia
06. gene_wellborn Singtel 3G, Singapore
07. zephyrhatz, 3/4G, Western USA
08. musicsound, O2 + Vodafine 3G, Germany
09. RyanL77, ?, ?
10. RonniePf, ? 3G, Switzerland
11. sir_kw, Rogers LTE, Canada
12. CalvinBaank, 2-3g + 1-non 3g = 3 providers, Suriname Sounth America
13. daniregg, ? 3G, Italy
14. Silmarie Rodriguez, Verizon 3/4G, Wisconsin USA
15. AgentMax81, Telekom 3G, Germany
16. WalfgS, Telekom 3G, Germany
17. FunnyPaul, Telekom 3G, Germany
18. -Hotti-, Telekom 3G, Germany
19. Vitalic66, Telekom 3G, Germany
20. Alterbandit, Telekom 3G, Germany
21. tim2002, Telekom 3G, Germany
22. Koibag, T-Mobile 3G, UK
23. Mibra, T-Mobile 3G, Stuttgart Germany
24. berndfromstuttgart, T-Mobile 3G, Stuttgart Germany
25. Mastermaik22, T-Mobile 3G, Cologne Germany
26. jensw, T-Mobile 3G, Mannheim Germany
27. roland17, O2 3G, Germany
28. Parasek, Telekom 3G, Germany
29. Nebumuk, T-Mobile 3G, Stuttgart Germany
30. addyfromsingapore, Singtel 3G, Singapore
31. andyskywalker, Telekom 3G, Germany
32. tom76cgn, Telekom 3G, Deutsche Germany
33. user1111, Telekom 3G, Germany
34. Lalafrosch, T-Mobile 3G, Karlsruhe Germany
35. uslex, T-Mobile 3G, Dresden Germany
36. barereitz, AT&T 3/4G, Michigan USA
37. zavors, Singtel 3G, Singapore
38. G-S-R, Singtel 3G, Singapore
39. bra76ndy, T-Mobile, Potsdam Germany
40. Almata, 1uns1 Vodafone 3G, Bavaria Germany
41. DerBeginner, Telekom/T-mobile 3G, Germany
42. BigTKR, Telekom 3G, Germany
43. Nick Harvey1, T-Mobile 3G, UK
44. iMarcel74, 1und1 Vodafone, Germany
45. Quertreiber, Telekom 3G, Frankfurt Germany
46. nutu1968, Vodafone 3G, Romania
47. Protolan, Vodafone 3G, Hamburg Germany
48. BonneSource, T-Mobile 3G, Heidelberg Germany
49. jok4711, Telekom, Germany
50. Sharkit, O2 3G, ?
51. Kidon0, Singtel 3G, Singapore
52. MartinPL, T-Mobile 3G, Poland
53. brnbor, AT&T 3/4G, USA
54. ongmk168, Singtel 3G, Singapore
55. elliatedm, O2/Proximus 3G, Czech republic/Belgium
56. iSumi, T-Mobile 3G, Germany
57. Angry_Lyrad, Orang/T-Mobile 3G, UK
58. Lesorub, Megafon 3G, Russia
Victims from this thread, "My iPad 3 says 3G but data stops working"
01. Antonylewis, Singtel 3G, Singapore
02. FazerWizm, ?, ?
03. Burkow, Plus GSM, Europe, Poland
04. Lewpirate, ?, ?
05. Torqen, ? 3G, Norway
06. lando55, T-Mobile/Telekom 3G, Germany
07. GranvilleDB, ? 3G, ?
08. Cafesitter, T-Mobile, Slovakia
09. Bertieuk, giffgaff 3G, UK
10. pgreen27, Orange 3G, UK
Victims from this thread, "Cellular reconnectivity issues with 3rd Gen iPad 3G/4G/LTE"
01. Calistograph, AT&T 4G, Alexandria, Virginia USA
02. hadtomakeupaname, AT&T 3/4G, Houston, USA
03. scholarwilliams, AT&T 3/4G, USA
04. metallica fan, Verizon 3/4G, USA
05. Dr Phill Fo Sho, AT&T 3/4G, USA
06. AndrewB7, AT&T 3/4G, USA
07. Thomas Maletz, ? 3G, Germany
08. ammkost, Verizon 4G LTE, USA
Victims from this thread, "The new iPad constantly losing cellular data connnection"
01. scholarwilliams, AT&T 3/4G, Michigan USA
02. MLadd, ?, ?
03. Edward Sopanan, ? 3g, Surabaya Indonesia
04. BigDaddyQB, Verizon? 3/4G, USA
05. DColvett, AT&T 3/4G, USA
06. sebless, AT&T 3/4G, USA
07. Meli0823, AT&T 3/4G, St Louis MO USA
08. Lewpirate, Rogers, Canada
09. Lewpirate mom, Verizon 3/4G, USA
10. engelray, Eplus, Germany
11, slaguru, O2/Vodafone/3, UK
12. CyrilleM, ?, Belgium
13. Miles Cortez, ?, USA
14. manoskap, Vodafone 3G, Greece
15. jdenmead, ?, ?
16. fsousa, TMN 3G, Portugal
17. jodyfanning, DNA 3G, Finland
18. tomton, TIM 3G, Italy
19. chiefmastafunk,)2 3G, Germany
20. davidm_uk, O2/GiffGaff 3G, UK
21. rjpv, Singtel 3G, Singapore
Victims from this thread,
Link, Anyone having a problem with iPad 3 and Singtel - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
01. Deavenger, Singtel 3G, Singapore
02. MoneyWise, Singtel 3G, Singapore
03. Lucky123, Singtel 3G, Singapore
04. dreamer_toons, Singtel 3G, Singapore
05. gardiboy, Singtel 3G, Singapore
06. numez123, Singtel 3G, Singapore
07. weehwa, Singtel 3G, Singapore
08. chins, M1 3G, Singapore
09. raliart_ray, Singtel 3G, Singapore
10. keltong, Singtel 3G, Singapore
11. Nights, M1 3G, Singapore
12. NightRaven, M1 3G, Singapore
13. porcu, M1 3G, Singapore
14. maumu, Singtel 3G, Singapore
15. uzzikie, Singtel 3G, Singapore
16. CrossXing, Singtel 3G, Singapore
17. tankee531, , Singtel 3G, Singapore
18. citrix, Singtel 3G, Singapore
19. badsector, M1 3G, Singapore
20. Lorraine08, Starhub 3G, Singapore
21. lxlxlxl, Singtel 3G, Singapore
22. firstname.lastname@example.org, Singtel 3G, Singapore
23. killashot, Singtel 3G, Singapore
24. binbon, Singtel 3G?, Singapore
25. yddang, Singtel 3G, Singapore
26. tm.chen, Singtel 3G?, Singapore
27. starch1990, M1 3G, Singapore
28. khoooktd, Singtel 3G, Singapore
29. PetPet, Singtel 3G, Singapore
30. KMJ3943, Singtel 3G, Singapore
31. parchiao, Singtel 3G, Singapore
32. alphakid, Singtel 3G, Singapore
33. Windowlover, Singtel 3G, Singapore
34. yif3ng, Singtel 3G, Singapore
35. fozzie3ear, Singtel 3G, Singapore
36. cisconet, Singtel 3G, Singapore
37. roylim85, Singtel 3G, Singapore
38. franguy, Singtel 3G, Singapore
39. Mercury, Singtel 3G, Singapore
40. VickyToh, Singtel 3G, Singapore
41. jorenz, Singtel 3G, Singapore
42. SNAG, Singtel 3G, Singapore
43. henryjjl, M1 3G, Singapore
44. alvino, Singtel 3G, Singapore
45. psx_999, Singtel 3G, Singapore
46. JasminBalloons, Singtel 3G, Singapore
47. *aiBOY friend, Singtel 3G, Singapore
48. orion_lc, Singtel 3G, Singapore
49. m00nman26, Singtel 3G, Singapore
50. kunlky, Singtel 3G, Singapore
51. chips, Singtel 3G, Singapore
52. smsmeok, Singtel 3G, Singapore
53. Conan1986, M1 3G, Singapore
54. davidktw, M1 3G, Singapore
55. Noobtopro, M1 3G, Singapore
56. henryjjl, M1 3G, Singapore
57. Jack_Chen, Singtel 3G, Singapore
58. korry, Singtel 3G, Singapore
59. normantantj, Singtel 3G, Singapore
60. falseflush,, Singtel 3G, Singapore
Victims from this German MacUser.de forum thread, "Problems with 3G connection when "new iPad"
Link, Probleme mit 3g Verbindung beim "new iPad"
(Over 100 pages, too many victims to be listed here)
Total = 157, excluding MacUser.de victims, updated on 04/06/2012 10:56am Singapore Time.
New iPad victims across "4 CONTINENTS" with 3/4G cellular data not connected problem.
I like thank you all for your strong supports. I am strongly believed if we keep this thread rolling like a snow ball, eventually it will catched Apple Higher Managemment eyeballs. Btw, putting this thread up, I have no mean of anyone in Apple of this problem regards to get his or her head roll.
Remember we are people who like to use iPad. We just wanted Apple to fix our problem, nothing else.
And yet, after all this time, my 64 GB 4G Verizon iPad has no issue like this. I've checked it everyday since I have started reading your reports, but you still maintain that it's a problem with all iPads.
So, let us see. 157 / 3,000,000 = 0.005 %. And that's just based on the first 3 day of sales.
I am willing to believe that all these folks are having issues, though, but I think the likely problem is that these are defective iPads. I don't think this is a universal problem. If so, I'd have surely encountered it by now, as I have been actively looking for it.
Also, I think the problem is hardware related, not software.
While there may be a few defective units, issues like this are almost always software related. Lab testing cannot duplicate all situations that people encounter. I expect that this is a switching issue.
So are you saying that this can be cleared up with an update.
Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF
It is almost certainly a bug in the baseband which can be fixed in a future update... :)Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayles66