I'll tell you what would get me to upgrade from the iPad3.
- OLED display at the new iPad resolution - would cut power usage and produce better contrast/daytime readability.
- Less screen power usage means smaller battery - half the weight hopefully.
- processor speed - more cores not likely needed - as there is only so much you can do with cores in a single tasking environment.
- the iPhone 4s camera on back and front.
- thunderbolt connection
- 128/256 GB of flash - though this would have to be very cost effective.
Here is what I would not buy.
- bezel-less screen - I have a difficult enough time holding it as it is. However, if you reduce the size of the tablet then a bezel-less screen may work if you can hold it in one hand in portrait mode. I do this with my 7" android tablet - which makes it easy to hold.
- Thinner is not going to mean much either - I don't need thinner than iPad3 but weight reduction would go a long way.
- G5 data - there are no good plans to cover data usage in north america - and in Canada it's total crap.
- Siri on a tablet - why?
- more resolution - would be pointless for human eyes.
Of course there are tons of software improvements that I can think of, but those would apply equally to iPad3 so did not mention.
True multitasking, side to side apps, stereo speakers, ports, drag and drop, file manager, widgets, faster processor + graphics, facetime over 3g, gorilla glass, gps, siri.
Bezelless screen would be beneficial for times where you are not holding it, and when you have to hold it there could always be some feature to disable touch for certain portions of the screen.
I would like to have voice cell phone service on my iPad. Most of the time I have my cell phone on speaker mode anyway. One less device to carry around and manage.
Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
Not going to happen...
Originally Posted by McTablet_T2C
It did say Fantasy at the top :-), HDMI ? haha
Originally Posted by grouchomarx
How about a non smudge screen glare reduction make it even faster make it more customizable like almost it's jailbroken yea longer battery there is a lot soooooo I didn't get the the new iPad but a have a iPad 2 I will wait for the fourth and let's see what happens! Who know what people at apple are thinking of they probley have a huge list and they do what they can there are some smart people there well I hope so!
Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net
You can do that now, you just need a VOIP app.
Originally Posted by retexan599