Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Retina screen - only on iPad

This is a discussion on Retina screen - only on iPad within the iPad 3 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by augustya Pls explain me how was it specific that you were talking about weren't u talking about Amoled screens in general.Did u ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Retina screen - only on iPad

  1. #21
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by augustya View Post
    Pls explain me how was it specific that you were talking about weren't u talking about Amoled screens in general.Did u mention in specific that u were talking about the Amoled screens on your Samsung Note nope, I don't think so...



    The whole idea of a community forum like this is u exchange ideas, share thoughts and inform people if there is any problem with anything. So if u r not doing that, I don't know what else r u doing .



    Lol ! Did someone giving a reality check, hurt your ego !
    You're good for laughs. I'll give you that.

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Banned
    Member #
    107365
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    You're good for laughs. I'll give you that.
    I was right it indeed hurt your Ego !

  4. #23
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    144217
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    I have retina screen on iPhone and iPod touch, and Super AMOLED on Samsung Galaxy Note (a 5" phablet).

    Head to head, I see differences in color saturation, but the screen quality seems otherwise comparable. On my devices, the skin tones are much better on the AMOLED screen; on the iDevices, they look washed out and unhealthy by comparison. The pinks and reds are a bit too bright on AMOLED, but they look washed out on my iDevices by comparison.
    A lot of it is subjective and depends on what you're used to. Displaymate tested the iPad screen and said the colour reproduction was extremely accurate and close to that of a calibrated reference display. I'm inclined to think that the iPad screen, providing you don't have one of the duff ones with a yellow cast to it, is more accurately displaying colours, just perhaps that some of us find screens which aren't technically as accurate are more pleasing to the eye?

    Does anyone have a direct link to the article mentioned by the OP btw?

  5. #24
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    A lot of it is subjective and depends on what you're used to. Displaymate tested the iPad screen and said the colour reproduction was extremely accurate and close to that of a calibrated reference display. I'm inclined to think that the iPad screen, providing you don't have one of the duff ones with a yellow cast to it, is more accurately displaying colours, just perhaps that some of us find screens which aren't technically as accurate are more pleasing to the eye?

    Does anyone have a direct link to the article mentioned by the OP btw?
    Agreed on subjectivity. Also have to take into account that individual devices vary, even among the same models.

    For me, screen quality is not a priority at this point, because the devices I'd consider buying have hit a high enough standard in general. I rank battery life, storage capacity and weight higher when it comes to mobile devices. My Galaxy Note has shorter battery life than my iPhone and less storage, for instance, but the Note allows the user to replace the battery and use SD cards. (Of course, those are my priorities and various users will have different ones.)

    I'd like to see iPads lighten up in weight, but the diffs among iPads 1, 2 and 3 don't strike me as significant, and I don't expect lightening without advances in battery technology.
    Last edited by Kaykaykay; 04-05-2012 at 10:01 AM.

  6. #25
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    175844
    Liked
    14 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    Agreed on subjectivity. Also have to take into account that individual devices vary, even among the same models.
    I've compared several of the new iPads and I really don't see much variance - at least not as noticeable as the difference from devices with far less precise displays. I'm very sensitive to display accuracy and calibrate all my displays, so to me the iPad is a breath of fresh air... hey a display that comes from the manufacturer that is not turned up to a awful eye catching setting that needs to be calibrated to give you anything natural. I go into peoples homes and they leave their TV's at the showroom eyebleed settings... kills me a little bit... arghhh...

    Edit. Note - I specified new Ipad because the iPad 1 and 2's tended toward a more 'eye pleasing' but far less accurate, red shifted, catch your eye at the store setting...
    Last edited by zphone; 04-05-2012 at 10:47 AM.

  7. #26
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by zphone View Post
    I've compared several of the new iPads and I really don't see much variance - at least not as noticeable as the difference from devices with far less precise displays. I'm very sensitive to display accuracy and calibrate all my displays, so to me the iPad is a breath of fresh air... hey a display that comes from the manufacturer that is not turned up to a awful eye catching setting that needs to be calibrated to give you anything natural. I go into peoples homes and they leave their TV's at the showroom eyebleed settings... kills me a little bit... arghhh...

    Edit. Note - I specified new Ipad because the iPad 1 and 2's tended toward a more 'eye pleasing' but far less accurate, red shifted, catch your eye at the store setting...
    I've not compared new iPads, so can't say.

    It'd be nice if mobile devices allowed users to set display preferences, like on a TV set. That would give everyone the optimal display for preferences and circumstances of use.

    I'm not at all into TV sets, but my husband is, and he's always upgrading. The funny thing is the lag: Screens are getting better faster than a lot of the content.

  8. #27
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    179012
    Liked
    5 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    229
    I am seeing a common theme in threads in which August posts.


    Anyway, losing 50 percent of their brightness in 5 years really destroys resale value.

  9. #28
    Banned
    Member #
    107365
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    I am seeing a common theme in threads in which August posts.
    And I have noticed this in all my posts and threads u, as a good for nothing come as a judge and start poking your nose and then say sorry ! Why don't u just mind your business without poking in someone else's Business !

  10. #29
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    179012
    Liked
    5 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by augustya

    And I have noticed this in all my posts and threads u, as a good for nothing come as a judge and start poking your nose and then say sorry ! Why don't u just mind your business without poking in someone else's Business !
    Before this thread gets closed... Sorry if my attempts to help you have come across that way.

  11. #30
    Banned
    Member #
    107365
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    Before this thread gets closed... Sorry if my attempts to help you have come across that way.
    No infact u have never tried to help me u have in all my posts tried to insult me by making nasty comments and I have stayed calm all this while, u have been also advised by moderators to be decent with your language still u don't wanna change and still have a dig at me ! Don't worry with 88 posts it is not your job nor your skill to comment on if this thread gets closed or not. So stop worrying about it and having a go at me ! Yeah !


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Post your impressions on the Retina Screen!
    By Mikekan in forum iPad 3 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 03:47 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 09:55 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 04:25 PM
  4. Retina Display iPad 3 Looking Unlikely for 2011
    By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
  5. No Retina Display For iPad 2?
    By PhilSynowiec in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 10:31 PM

Search tags for this page

amoled too bright
,
amoled vs ipad retina
,
does youtube look better on the new ipad
,
ipad 3 screen life expectancy
,

ipad screen life expectancy

,
life expectancy of super amoled plus
,
pls display life expectancy
,
retina screen
,
retina web design
,
screen life ipad
,
super amoled plus vs retina
,
will youtube look better on ipad3
Click on a term to search for related topics.