Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

So I'm returning my iPad 3...

This is a discussion on So I'm returning my iPad 3... within the iPad 3 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Glad I waited till people started reporting problems, time will tell if the new iPad will keep working right....

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Banned
    Member #
    129445
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    255
    Glad I waited till people started reporting problems, time will tell if the new iPad will keep working right.

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    38205
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by ipadder474
    Glad I waited till people started reporting problems, time will tell if the new iPad will keep working right.
    I don't think you really need to worry that much mate. Out of the millions sold only a handful are complaining. And to be fair it happens with most products. I think because it's apple people and the media feel the need to voice it.

  4. #23
    Banned
    Member #
    129445
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyvalver View Post
    I don't think you really need to worry that much mate. Out of the millions sold only a handful are complaining. And to be fair it happens with most products. I think because it's apple people and the media feel the need to voice it.
    I waited till last November to buy my iPad2 and my Mac. Pro Notebook. Both have been great with zero problems. I just feel better not being the first to buy.

  5. #24
    Lunar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyvalver View Post
    I don't think you really need to worry that much mate. Out of the millions sold only a handful are complaining. And to be fair it happens with most products. I think because it's apple people and the media feel the need to voice it.
    I fully agree, When there is a build up prior to it's release, it's inevitable the media will will try and turn something trivial into a major drama, (it sells papers) Yes there's been a few screen issues, but anything assembled by human beings will likely have the odd problem, so there's bound to be the odd faulty unit, but when you consider over 3.5 million have been sold, only a few dozen have been reported on forums like this, and sometimes the owners will make numerious posts on the issue, which can make the numbers look worse than they really are. Nothing wrong with that, but something we should take into account.
    Also you have to take out of the equation the number of immature troll posts which one also gets when new products get released, by people who for whatever reason have a dislike for certain companies, and lastly you have iPad3 owners who were completely satisfied, in that they did'nt even know they had a issue... such as..say.. light bleed is until they came on here..lol. Indeed some people had never noticed anything wrong until they read about it on forums and then went away to check their own iPad. The fact is... some of us are more fussy than others. At least with Apple, if any product has a issue they will usually sort it out quite quickly, and everyone has 2 weeks to claim their cash back... can't really be much fairer than that.

    It's early days but mines been working fine for the last 2 weeks, I hope I can still say that in 2 months time, or longer
    Last edited by Lunar; 04-02-2012 at 01:07 PM.

  6. #25
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    179468
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18
    I agree with you ^
    ..

    If you think about it.. I highly doubt even 1 percent of people who own an iPad 3 are registered to any apple related forum.

    But, on the other hand, I am one of those who expect a lot from a product that claims to be the one of best (apple especially); and puts themselves in a spot where a few of their consumers will critique every inch of their purchased product.

    Mostly all iPad 3 owners are more than satisfied with there iPads, even with the few annoyances it may have.
    And most won't even notice a problem.

    But like you said you can't expect perfection with 3.5m of these things floating around. And apple did a great job accommodating me and eventually asked no questions when I finally returned it for a gift card.

    I'm just waiting now for maybe a LG screen to hit the stores to see if they're any better. I still want my iPad. I just don't want to exchange it 5 times to try to get a pristine (as apple claims their products to be) one.

  7. #26
    Lunar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by souskei View Post
    But like you said you can't expect perfection with 3.5m of these things floating around. And apple did a great job accommodating me and eventually asked no questions when I finally returned it for a gift card.

    .
    I note you mentioned that Apple put the refund on a gift card? could you not have insisted having the refund into your bank or credited back on your bank debit or credit card. IOW Are you saying that Apple will only refund onto one of their own gift cards if you take it back within the 2 weeks grace period..? Can the gift card only be spent in a Apple store or on their products, or anywhere..?

    Regardless.. I wish you luck with your next purchase.. :-)
    Last edited by Lunar; 04-02-2012 at 02:23 PM.

  8. #27
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    179468
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    I note you mentioned that Apple put the refund on a gift card? could you not have insisted having the refund into your bank or credited back on your bank debit or credit card. IOW Are you saying that Apple will only refund onto one of their own gift cards if you take it back within the 2 weeks grace period..? Can the gift card only be spent in a Apple store or on their products, or anywhere..?

    Regardless.. I wish you luck with your next purchase.. :-)
    I actually asked for a gift card, I'm sure they would have credited my account if I wanted though.

    I knew I was going to get another iPad when the second batch arrived in the states so I figured it would be easier this way.

    As far as I know, you can only use the gift card at apple stores.

    Oh and for future reference, Verizon can suspended (hold) your account and transfer the remaining data and account info onto a new iPad as long as you do it with 4 months. Which I thought was really cool of them.

  9. #28
    Lunar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by souskei View Post
    I actually asked for a gift card, I'm sure they would have credited my account if I wanted though.

    I knew I was going to get another iPad when the second batch arrived in the states so I figured it would be easier this way.

    As far as I know, you can only use the gift card at apple stores.

    .
    Gotcha.. thanks for clarifying.. I thought that would be the case.. but did wonder..lol

    Thx again.

  10. #29
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    179012
    Liked
    5 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    229
    It is called the law of large numbers. Basically if you have a big enough pool of sales you will see every probable scenario.

    In addition to a certain percentage of defects, a percentage of people returned them for a sudden shift in their financial situation, a percentage of them have been returned because the owner liked one of the previous models better, a percentage of them have already been accidentally damaged, a percentage of them have been lost or stolen, unfortunately percentage of them no longer have owners because they died, and that is just naming a few of the possible outcomes with 3.5+ million sold.

    IMO, worrying about defects is about the same as worrying they are cursed because some people have had something bad happen to them after buying one. Wait a minute, my house was partially destroyed because of a tornado... got to call a priest...

  11. #30
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    179468
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    It is called the law of large numbers. Basically if you have a big enough pool of sales you will see every probable scenario.

    In addition to a certain percentage of defects, a percentage of people returned them for a sudden shift in their financial situation, a percentage of them have been returned because the owner liked one of the previous models better, a percentage of them have already been accidentally damaged, a percentage of them have been lost or stolen, unfortunately percentage of them no longer have owners because they died, and that is just naming a few of the possible outcomes with 3.5+ million sold.

    IMO, worrying about defects is about the same as worrying they are cursed because some people have had something bad happen to them after buying one. Wait a minute, my house was partially destroyed because of a tornado... got to call a priest...
    While I totally agree with you about the law of numbers, we as consumers are given the option to exchange and return if we feel are product is less than we expected.

    But worrying about purchasing a defect, small as it may be, is only human nature IMO. Especially one who is a member of a forum such as this one.

    Apple gave us a pretty gracious return and exchange policy, and, although you are absolutely right about the numbers, i don't think it's a bad thing to worry about 1000 dollars you're about to drop.


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Returning my new iPad.
    By Banner in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 06:50 AM
  2. Returning iPad 2. What do I need to do?
    By doubledown7d in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 08:26 PM
  3. Need help to justify not returning Ipad 2
    By maroco in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 07:13 AM
  4. Anyone thought returning their ipad 2
    By jhood2323 in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 10:53 PM
  5. Returning the iPad
    By hookbill in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 01:54 PM

Search tags for this page

apple return policy ipad 3
,

ipad 3 return policy

,
ipad return policy target
,
should i return my ipad 3
,
target ipad 3 return policy
,

target ipad return policy

,
target return policy ipad
,
target return policy ipad 3
Click on a term to search for related topics.