I'll tell you what would get me to upgrade from the iPad3.
- OLED display at the new iPad resolution - would cut power usage and produce better contrast/daytime readability.
- Less screen power usage means smaller battery - half the weight hopefully.
- processor speed - more cores not likely needed - as there is only so much you can do with cores in a single tasking environment.
- the iPhone 4s camera on back and front.
- thunderbolt connection
- 128/256 GB of flash - though this would have to be very cost effective.
Here is what I would not buy.
- bezel-less screen - I have a difficult enough time holding it as it is. However, if you reduce the size of the tablet then a bezel-less screen may work if you can hold it in one hand in portrait mode. I do this with my 7" android tablet - which makes it easy to hold.
- Thinner is not going to mean much either - I don't need thinner than iPad3 but weight reduction would go a long way.
- G5 data - there are no good plans to cover data usage in north america - and in Canada it's total crap.
- Siri on a tablet - why?
- more resolution - would be pointless for human eyes.