Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Google Music Play

This is a discussion on Google Music Play within the iPad 2 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Good morning to all! We just got our new IPad 2 this past week and have LOVED it! We are very interested in being able ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    268492
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7

    Google Music Play

    Good morning to all!

    We just got our new IPad 2 this past week and have LOVED it! We are very interested in being able to upload music to Google Music. We wish to stream our music from this site (or any other suggested sites) so we can effectively manage our limited memory. We have registered with Google Music and have done all the necessary requirements (we think) in order to listen to our uploaded files. IT IS NOT WORKING :-(. We were able to upload and able to pick file in the Google Music player. The player shows the file is "playing" but there is no sound. We have searched the Internet for a solution with no luck. Help! Any suggestions? Thank You.


    H

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    97693
    Liked
    858 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan. USA
    Posts
    18,173
    Hi there...make sure your settings in iPad settings is not on mute.

    Check this: settings>general>side switch>make sure mute is unchecked.



    Google Music Play-image-4253451171.jpg



    Also...



    Google Music Play-image-2714758190.jpg



    Do a 4-finger swipe to reveal your multi-task bar. You can also double press the home button and swipe to the left to the volume controls. Check there as well.
    Last edited by skimonkey; 12-27-2012 at 08:56 AM.

    iPad 2 ~ Wi-Fi ~ 32 GB | MacBook Air 13-inch 4 GB RAM/128 GB | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | iPod Classic 80 GB | iPod Touch 32 GB (4th Gen)

  4. #3
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    268492
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks for trying to help. I made sure everything was correct & indeed, it was. Still not able to get google music to work on my iPad 2. Anyone have any other suggestions? How about an app that works with google music?

  5. #4
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    260719
    Liked
    141 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by KylenAnn
    Thanks for trying to help. I made sure everything was correct & indeed, it was. Still not able to get google music to work on my iPad 2. Anyone have any other suggestions? How about an app that works with google music?
    Do you have sound from other apps? Let us know.

    Roy Rob - Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Ontario

  6. #5
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    219668
    Liked
    368 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,944
    The volume is set differently for different apps and speaker vs headphones. Mine even remembers at least my 2 pair as individual units and will remember the last volume for each.

    That said, start the google player, then adjust the sound (first sliding the little button above the volume rocker to the up position - this is the mute). If that doesn't work play a YouTube video or song to see if you have sound. Try the same with headphones.

    Let us know what the results are

  7. #6
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    268492
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Rob

    Do you have sound from other apps? Let us know.
    Yes sir....I do have sound on all other apps.

  8. #7
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    268492
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by zstairlessone
    The volume is set differently for different apps and speaker vs headphones. Mine even remembers at least my 2 pair as individual units and will remember the last volume for each.

    That said, start the google player, then adjust the sound (first sliding the little button above the volume rocker to the up position - this is the mute). If that doesn't work play a YouTube video or song to see if you have sound. Try the same with headphones.

    Let us know what the results are
    Thanks guys for trying to help! I do have sound on YouTube. When I try to play a file on google music, the "equalizer bars" are moving like the file is playing. The progress bar is however not moving and there is no sound at all, no matter what I do. Very frustrating. Again, thanks for trying to help us.

  9. #8
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    97693
    Liked
    858 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan. USA
    Posts
    18,173
    Does the google play have its own volume control to access?

    iPad 2 ~ Wi-Fi ~ 32 GB | MacBook Air 13-inch 4 GB RAM/128 GB | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | iPod Classic 80 GB | iPod Touch 32 GB (4th Gen)

  10. #9
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    268492
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by skimonkey
    Does the google play have its own volume control to access?
    Yes it does and I have tried that as well. All controls and settings have been explored and tried. No luck here for us.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    97693
    Liked
    858 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan. USA
    Posts
    18,173
    Quote Originally Posted by KylenAnn View Post
    Yes it does and I have tried that as well. All controls and settings have been explored and tried. No luck here for us.
    Have you tested various songs and it all doesn't have sound? Otherwise, I am at a loss.

    iPad 2 ~ Wi-Fi ~ 32 GB | MacBook Air 13-inch 4 GB RAM/128 GB | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | iPod Classic 80 GB | iPod Touch 32 GB (4th Gen)


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Music App and Random Play
    By KenB123 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM
  3. How to play music on he ipad?!
    By Stoffbob in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 12:52 AM
  4. iOS 5 Music app: Play all songs?
    By Bedlampuhedron in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Search tags for this page

are you able to get apps on googe play for. ipad 1st gen
,

google music ipad

,
google music ipad 2 app
,

google music play

,

google play music ipad

,

google play no sound ipad

,
google.music.play
,

googlemusicplay

Click on a term to search for related topics.