Just purchased IPad2 (Wifi only), my first Apple product, on my visit to Singapore a few days back.
I am used to Windows / Linux (a bit) and Android.
So I need some advice on what should I do first. I have registered a user id and am able to download from the App Store. Are there any other essentials I need to take care of? Any kind of suggestions and advice will be appreciated. The Ipad will mainly be used by my kids for games and browsing the net. Maybe facebook.
I do have some questions :
1) Is any antivirus needed? If yes, which one is recommended?
2) Should I update to IOS 6 (currently have 5.1.1)? Is it stable and recommended?
3) Is there a recovery procedure in case something goes wrong, like hardware factory reset?
4) Can I backup all the data/apps? Maybe I need to look at the manual.
5) Should I Jailbreak? I am used to rooting on Android devices.