Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Differences between 16 and 32 GB

This is a discussion on Differences between 16 and 32 GB within the iPad 2 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Purchasing an IPAD 2 for daughter. She will load it with pics and music and use it for the usual-e-mailing etc. Approximately how much does ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    249714
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    4

    Differences between 16 and 32 GB

    Purchasing an IPAD 2 for daughter. She will load it with pics and music and use it for the usual-e-mailing etc. Approximately how much does each hold or what are the differences?

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1413 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,496
    Quote Originally Posted by rell123
    Purchasing an IPAD 2 for daughter. She will load it with pics and music and use it for the usual-e-mailing etc. Approximately how much does each hold or what are the differences?
    The usable storage capacity of a 16GB iPad is about 14.28GB. The 32GB iPad has a storage capacity of about 28GB. Other than the storage capacity, the two are identical.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  4. #3
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    18578
    Liked
    9 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia, usa
    Posts
    608
    Most teenagers will fill up a 16GB with tons of music and pictures in about a week if their conservative and only put on their version of the absolute essentials. The only way to upgrade is to buy the 32GB or 64GB model, you can't just purchase extra memory and install it, your stuck with what you buy. I'm almost 71 years old, and I have a 64GB iPad and I only have 25GB available, and thats just video, apps, photos, and no music on it. My iPhone 5 (32GB) has 16GB of music on it with only 8.5GB available. Things add up quickly. Resale is much better for the 32GB and 64GB units, because many people fill up their 16GB units and want a bigger one. Down side, they are more expensive. Also, make sure your get her a good protective case and insurance on the iPad you buy, teenagers break a lot of iDevices like the iPad and repair is very expensive. Good Luck!
    iPad 1 64gb 3g, iPad 3 64gb LTE, iPhone4 32gb, iPod Touch 32gb, Classic iPod 30gb, AppleTV 1g and 2g, MBP 13", MAC Mini

    Here's where you can download the iPad manual.

    http://support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

    Good Luck

    Pocobear

  5. #4
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    236770
    Liked
    95 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    873
    You can always use cloud drives also to add extra storage.
    Current Apple Devices:

    iPad 3-Black-16G-WiFi
    iPod Touch 4th Gen-Black-8G-WiFi

  6. #5
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1413 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,496
    Quote Originally Posted by iJamesH
    You can always use cloud drives also to add extra storage.
    The only drawback being that any item in cloud storage has to be downloaded to the iPad's internal memory before it can be used. It's not for anything you need instant access to, but is fine for anything where the download time isn't an issue.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  7. #6
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    238139
    Liked
    4 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan57 View Post
    The only drawback being that any item in cloud storage has to be downloaded to the iPad's internal memory before it can be used. It's not for anything you need instant access to, but is fine for anything where the download time isn't an issue.
    Totally agreed! That is why I went for the 64gb version. I hate to wait for my data!
    "New Ipad" 64 GB Black, Wi-Fi only!

  8. #7
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    110082
    Liked
    110 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by rell123
    Purchasing an IPAD 2 for daughter. She will load it with pics and music and use it for the usual-e-mailing etc. Approximately how much does each hold or what are the differences?
    We bought my daughter a 16GB model and she is using hers for the same thing. No movies or big stuff, just some apps and music. She's been good at managing the space by removing apps she no longer uses and all that stuff. It's been working well for her but everyone is different. For basic use, the 16 GB model can work just fine.

    32GB Wifi iPad 2 / OS 7.0

  9. #8
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    249714
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocobear View Post
    Most teenagers will fill up a 16GB with tons of music and pictures in about a week if their conservative and only put on their version of the absolute essentials. The only way to upgrade is to buy the 32GB or 64GB model, you can't just purchase extra memory and install it, your stuck with what you buy. I'm almost 71 years old, and I have a 64GB iPad and I only have 25GB available, and thats just video, apps, photos, and no music on it. My iPhone 5 (32GB) has 16GB of music on it with only 8.5GB available. Things add up quickly. Resale is much better for the 32GB and 64GB units, because many people fill up their 16GB units and want a bigger one. Down side, they are more expensive. Also, make sure your get her a good protective case and insurance on the iPad you buy, teenagers break a lot of iDevices like the iPad and repair is very expensive. Good Luck!
    Can you suggest a good protective cover ? I'm thinking of purchasing Squaretrade for insurance.

  10. #9
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1413 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,496
    Quote Originally Posted by rell123
    Can you suggest a good protective cover ? I'm thinking of purchasing Squaretrade for insurance.
    You could consider AppleCare + which extends the basic warranty to two years and provides coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage. Te cost is $99.00 plus$49.00 for each damage claim made.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Differences in the amount of GB of the IPAD 2
    By rell123 in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 12:02 AM
  2. Icloud vs pc backup differences?
    By Dr.Gee in forum iCloud
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 11:25 PM
  3. Software differences
    By Ncaissie in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 11:25 PM
  4. Doodle Differences - is available now
    By QuickSolution in forum iPad Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 04:22 PM

Search tags for this page

differece on ipad between 16 and 32
,

difference between 16 gigabytes and 32 gigabytes in ipad

,

difference between ipad mini 16 and 32

,
explainn the difference between 16 gb and 32 gb
,
what is the difference between 16 32 and 64 gb
,

what is the difference between 16 and 32 gigabytes

,
what's the storage difference between 16 gb and 32gb ipad
,
whats the difference between 16 and 32 gigger bites
Click on a term to search for related topics.