Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Keyboard enhanchments

This is a discussion on Keyboard enhanchments within the iPad 2 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Is there an app that will let me change or add custom keys to the standard keyboard? I use an iPad 2....

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    226002
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard enhanchments

    Is there an app that will let me change or add custom keys to the standard keyboard? I use an iPad 2.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    85546
    Liked
    575 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Posts
    9,845
    Assuming you are not jailbroken.

    First, you can use different international keyboards. Go to Settings/General/Keyboard/International Keyboards. You can add anything on that list.

    Second, you can use keyboard shortcuts to do pretty much anything that the standard keyboard doesn't allow. For example when I type "fonton" I get this and can type in different colors and fonts. I type "fontoff" to get back to normal.

    You can find this in Settings/Keyboard/Add new shortcut.
    Last edited by KevinJS; 07-10-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

  4. #3
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    93846
    Liked
    31 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS
    Assuming you are not jailbroken.

    First, you can use different international keyboards. Go to Settings/General/Keyboard/International Keyboards. You can add anything on that list.

    Second, you can use keyboard shortcuts to do pretty much anything that the standard keyboard doesn't allow. For example when I type "fonton" I get this and can type in different colors and fonts. I type "fontoff" to get back to normal.

    You can find this in Settings/Keyboard/Add new shortcut.
    KevinJS, that's interesting - what do you place into the Text-part of the shortcut??

    ☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

  5. #4
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    85546
    Liked
    575 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulmer

    KevinJS, that's interesting - what do you place into the Text-part of the shortcut??

    ☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠
    /FONT=Snell Roundhand, serif//i//b//COLOR=red/

    Replace the slashes with square brackets.

    To turn off the codes, enclose /font etc in square brackets.
    Last edited by KevinJS; 07-10-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

  6. #5
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    226002
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    I am jail broke. Cydia. There are two different things I would like to do. 1) use the top line of the key board to be able to click/hold for numbers and 2) be able to set it up so that I can get a numerical key pad.

  7. #6
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    93846
    Liked
    31 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS

    /FONT=Snell Roundhand, serif//i//b//COLOR=red/

    Replace the slashes with square brackets.

    To turn off the codes, enclose /font etc in square brackets.
    Thanks KevinJS! So it's just HTML...

    ☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 05:21 AM
  2. BT wireless keyboard vs. keyboard case
    By King of hearts in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 04:51 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 02:49 AM
  4. Apple's Wireless Keyboard vs. Matias Wireless Folding Keyboard
    By WannaBeMac in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 08:36 PM
  5. iPad dock keyboard vs bluetooth keyboard
    By Finnedog in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 08:58 AM

Search tags for this page

add custom keyboard to iphone
,

best keyboard ipad 2 cydia

,
keyboard stay with numbers list
Click on a term to search for related topics.